Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
FiberFreaks stuff that looks like a .... wipe. I recall someone saying they used it rebuilding their iCare coils and it stopped the gurgling.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

They were talking about vaping tampons the other day so anything is possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plettschner

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Maybe try higher wattage, more open airflow and a softer pull. The Cubis is known to be a little "juicy".

Others may have better suggestions, I do not own one. Cheers!

Good suggestions by @Hitmetwice... :D

I have heard/read a lot of people have issues with the Cubis. After having 4 or 5 in rotation between my better half and myself for over a year without any major problems, just leaves me scratching my head. We've gone through 30-35 of the .5 SS coils with only 1 or 2 duds. We both vape eVic VTC/VTwo Minis in TC (custom TCR 135) @ 23.5-27.5w/450F airflow wide open and are quite happy with the tank/coils performance. We used the 1.0 SS coils for a time with good results but preferred DL and found them too restrictive. If memory serves, we vaped those coils @ 17-20w. Some other things to consider if/when having problems:

Don't over prime the coil. 4 or 5 drops & a few primer puffs should be good.
Check that the o-ring on the chimney is in place.
Make sure the coil is attached squarely & securely.
Don't over fill the tank.
When leaving the tank unused for a period of time/overnight, take a few strong primer puffs with the airflow wide open before firing.
Let off the fire button just before you finish your draw to reduce condensation that may drain back into the coil.

I hope this will be helpful... ;)

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I honestly cannot believe the cubis went through any type of product development process or QA. It's utter garbage! I've tried 5 different coils, all with the same results: spit back and major gurgling:(
Live and learn, I guess

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Here's how you get it not to spit at you: rigorously shake it while holding upside down, remove the chimney and clean off the top of the coil, draw without firing, hold the wattage low and don't travel with it

Very aggravating.

I beg to differ in that too low a wattage will result in liquid not vapourizing and so building up excess. Also drawing without firing or doing "primer puffs" will serve to pull More liquid into the coil.
The 2 combined will add to spit-back. The other suggestions may be valid.

I ordered some of the other coils!in the meantime, If I rebuilt it with a really small diameter coil , would that help?

Making a smaller/more restricted airflow type coil will pull less air and more liquid through/ into the coil area also with undesirable results.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I beg to differ in that too low a wattage will result in liquid not vapourizing and so building up excess. Also drawing without firing or doing "primer puffs" will serve to pull More liquid into the coil.
The 2 combined will add to spit-back. The other suggestions may be valid.

Making a smaller/more restricted airflow type coil will pull less air and more liquid through/ into the coil area also with undesirable results.

It will gurgle but not spit at lower voltages. The 1ohm coil would start to spit at 18W - that's the one I have memorized.

Primer puffs interspersed with raising watts in steps of 2 gets it to non-gurgle state for me. But I have to play this game every time the tank is opened for refill or it gets jostled via movement (being in my purse).

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
It will gurgle but not spit at lower voltages. The 1ohm coil would start to spit at 18W - that's the one I have memorized.

Primer puffs interspersed with raising watts in steps of 2 gets it to non-gurgle state for me. But I have to play this game every time the tank is opened for refill or it gets jostled via movement (being in my purse).

Thanks for posting, I was really hoping that one of your guys' suggestions would work, I'll try more primer puffs (although I usually do 5 anyway). Maybe I got a defective one?

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks for posting, I was really hoping that one of your guys' suggestions would work, I'll try more primer puffs (although I usually do 5 anyway). Maybe I got a defective one?

IMO, defective is their normal state.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I really don't think anyone should have to put forth the amount of time and effort I have to sorta get this silly tank to a sorta acceptable, usable state. It's not a project kit, it should work out of the box and I shouldn't have to leave it home due to it's moodiness.

I couldn't agree more!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I think I'm going to build a Cubis Cannon. Like a potato cannon only smaller diameter. I can fire this thing out into the woods or maybe into a brick wall.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

Brick wall is best!

Reactions: Plettschner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread