Curious about box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my local vape shop, i still ask questions 6 months into vaping. Not too mention they have various gear you can try out. So was curious what various box mods vape like compared to my Vamo 5 Nautilus/ Alantis sub ohm CF sub setups. Also got a ZNA 50 watt APV mod which i don't use much as it does drain the batteries really fast. I tend to use the ZNA 50 when my CF is on charge. I been vaping a lot on my Nautilus Vamo 5 set up a lot recently due to it being a lot kinder on my juice. Sub ohm vaping does love drinking juice like anything.

So my visit to the vape shop as made me curious about box mods in general as there some nice small compact ones out there. Was looking at box mods that can go up to 80 watts.

If and when i take the plunge as i'm just rolling it around in my mind at the moment. I'm not keen on the dripper's tanks so i would most be thinking about a box mod that i could attach a sub ohm tank on and one you could charge on it's own.

Any recommendations anyone ?

PS i love the new look of the forums! a major improvement.

maltbys25

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
orlando fl usa
it is really up to what you are looking to do, use a sigelie 100w+ everyday it is awesome. I can pretty much put what ever i want on it and never have a problem. If you are just looking for some thing to run an Atlantis you could use the Istick 50w or a sig 50w but if you want to eventually expand you can try the sig 100w+ or something like the ipv3. Hope this helps

Vape on Live on :toast:

Reactions: roxynoodle

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
The IPV Mini II both takes a battery and charges by USB port, and is far more compact than the double-battery mods. My Sigelei 100+ is awesome, for example, but it's so bulky and I haven't used it since I got the IPV Mini II.

The IPV Mini II is 70 watts. (shown here with a Kanger SubTank Mini)
IPV_Mini2.jpg

Sigelei 100W are "do anything" mods, I have to agree. And they're accurate and reliable, but some hate the large size.

By charge on their own, do you mean with a USB charge port, or removable batteries? The Sig 100W does not have a USB charge port.
Yes charge with usb, otherwise i would need to build my batteries collection up and i think it's probably a good idea to have a mixture of battery operated mods and usb mods.

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yes charge with usb, otherwise i would need to build my batteries collection up and i think it's probably a good idea to have a mixture of battery operated mods and usb mods.

True... Since I absolutely won't charge any type of battery unattended, when I first get up, I put my iStick30 on charge... and while that's charging, I just put my kayfun on my sigelei Zmax.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread