Status
Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Eric on order #3976 that i got three battery,s two of them were lose in the tube they are fixed now just a heads up.

OK, thanks, I shake them now before I send so they must have come loose in shipping, what did you use to stop it? I use a bit of silicone.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Well, the V2 with the crack is dead now (coil got burn and I lost about 1 ml of organic juice). 20120523_175515-1.jpg
So I decided to open V1. Here is a pics:
20120523_170208-1.jpg 20120523_165722-1.jpg
What's this white stuff inside/outside of the tread? Is it safe?
Why is there scuff marks on inner metall tube?
Both have a crooked inner tubes.

Lol.

Last edited:

madmach

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
El Paso Tx
OK, thanks, I shake them now before I send so they must have come loose in shipping, what did you use to stop it? I use a bit of silicone.
pop the top off and used a little bit of silicone just like new now. ive only had one that was not able to be fixed dw ran it thru the washer no hope for that one.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Well, the V2 with the crack is dead now (coil got burn and I lost about 1 ml of organic juice). View attachment 102695
So I decided to open V1. Here is a pics:
View attachment 102679 View attachment 102680
What's this white stuff inside/outside of the tread? Is it safe?
Why is there scuff marks on inner metall tube?
Both have a crooked inner tubes.

Lol.

Contact me about the V2, we'll work it out.

On the V1...Chinese manufacturing...
The white stuff is the glue, the V1's that were on sale had this issue they were sloppy (and it was noted on the site)

madmach.. I do that to all mine (personal) now just in case LOL
because I drop stuff.. a LOT

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Contact me about the V2, we'll work it out.

On the V1...Chinese manufacturing...
The white stuff is the glue, the V1's that were on sale had this issue they were sloppy (and it was noted on the site)

It's Ok don't worry about it ( the first V2).
I'm just wondering if it safe to use these V1? What's the other customers said?
Thanks

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
They use glue on all the cartomizers, on these they just didn't wipe them off properly.
for safety, I cannot tell you it's 100% safe, no one can, this is China we are talking about, everything over there is suspect. They use glue and solder and who knows what else in almost everything :(

The only 100% safe thing is not to vape LOL

That said, it is below the liquid level so it should not be seeping even if it were not solidified?

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis
It's Ok don't worry about it ( the first V2).
I'm just wondering if it safe to use these V1? What's the other customers said?
Thanks

If you are using organic juice, I had a couple different vendors organic juices, One would crack just about any plastic carto or clearo it came in contact with, the other literally melted a brand new ce4+ 1st run long wick type before they changed the plastic formula as I filled it. The problem is through their extraction processes (IMO) sometimes they inadvertently create an organic acetate that reacts in contact with some plastics. This can happen with any organic or oil based flavorings and certain plastic formulas. Watching my expensive organic liquid fizz and smoke inside the ce4 was quite a trip.

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
You know... what he said... exactly. I tried VV stuff in a few clearos way back when, and they didn't like the plastic at all. Willing to bet that's part of the issue. Oh, and if that ever happens... feel stupid mentioning this, but I had someone try to take juice out of a deteriorating tank once, and put it back in the bottle... don't do that. lol Noone wants to vape deteriorating plastic in with their juices. ;)

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Ironically, it was DV organic tobacco juice. Lol.
Regarding rebiuldable CE5+ I'm trying to brake it in right now w/o sucsess. Went trough 4 refills of the juice already and even get my tong burned. Maybe I have to increase voltage (currently using 4.25V)?
Eric should supply a free bottle of some kind juice with these new cartos.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
Ironically, it was DV organic tobacco juice. Lol.
Regarding rebiuldable CE5+ I'm trying to brake it in right now w/o sucsess. Went trough 4 refills of the juice already and even get my tong burned. Maybe I have to increase voltage (currently using 4.25V)?
Eric should supply a free bottle of some kind juice with these new cartos.

I am running into the same issue with the CE5 and a couple of the latest CE4+V2's. I took one of the CE4+V2's and trimmed a small amount of silicone or plastic material that sits down on the wicks. I tried this a couple of hours ago and so far it hasn't given me a burnt taste. I will try the others tomorrow. Maybe the top plastic is cutting of the flow of juice to the coil. Had to use tweezers to pull it out and it is a snug fit. Hope this works!

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I am running into the same issue with the CE5 and a couple of the latest CE4+V2's. I took one of the CE4+V2's and trimmed a small amount of silicone or plastic material that sits down on the wicks. I tried this a couple of hours ago and so far it hasn't given me a burnt taste. I will try the others tomorrow. Maybe the top plastic is cutting of the flow of juice to the coil. Had to use tweezers to pull it out and it is a snug fit. Hope this works!

I done this with CE4+ and it worked
fine. With C5+ it's harder to do this because the rubber cup sitting on ceramic ones as opposite to C4 which is sitting direct on metal tube. So I tooke it apart (C5+ is rebuildable but requires to do some soldering) and black wire (-) has broke. So I just discarded the whole thing.
Thanks for the advice,thou.

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis

I done this with CE4+ and it worked
fine. With C5+ it's harder to do this because the rubber cup sitting on ceramic ones as opposite to C4 which is sitting direct on metal tube. So I tooke it apart (C5+ is rebuildable but requires to do some soldering) and black wire (-) has broke. So I just discarded the whole thing.
Thanks for the advice,thou.

On the CE5 you can untwist or loosen the wicks a little, this helps with feeding the coil. I use either 80vg/20pg or 100%vg in them with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread