Customer service help! Bad batch of juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kansascity1

Aug 16, 2013
Kansas City
I have been a vaporbomb client for quite some time now, and have had only minimal issues, which were quickly addressed and resolved. This time, however, I am getting nowhere. I ordered three 30ml bottles of their "Mutt's Fire and Ice" (my personal favorite and all day vape), but unfortunately, something has gone horribly wrong. Paid for Priority shipping, juice arrived first class... All three bottles were bad... The taste can only be described as "Band-aid" flavor. Sure, thats bad enough, but then the burning lungs and coughing from a single drag top it off. At first I thought it was a bad atomizer, so I swapped it out for a new one. No joy, same horrendous taste and coughing. So I thought, maybe I have a bad batch of atomizers... so I try one that was used with my previous supply of Fire and Ice... nope. Still bad.

So, I head to vaporbomb.com and click on "contact us". Fill out the form and after hitting submit, it dumps me on the homepage again. Worried that my message would not make it through, I send an email with the same content to the address I have cooresponded with before.

...Crickets...

So, it has been four days and no contact. I have sent a few follow up emails as well. I did notice that the website has a phone number and a whopping 2 hour window to contact them. Tried that route, and the phone just rings and rings, then disconnects.

I have no recourse but to post this thread.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I also wanted to let everyone know we have been looking into what is going on with the emails you have been sending. We are in contact with our provider but we did verify that we have not received many emails. If you ever send anything to customer service and you do not receive a response within 24 hours please feel free to send me a pm. In the meantime we are working on resolving our issue. I apologize for any inconvenience, but would be happy to help you guys with anything you need.

kansascity1

Aug 16, 2013
Kansas City
Update: Have heard nothing since the email on on the 10th. I did not see Big Moe's post about the email issues, so I ignorantly emailed expecting that they would reply (Ironically, the email I did get on the 10th was a reply to an earlier email, so some must be getting through). I did PM Big Moe, and have not heard anything from that either.

It is just frustrating that the communication is so poor. The email I recd. on the 10th stated they were waiting on ingredients and quality control testing... yet the website shows the item "in stock". Either the website is not up to date, or that was just a delay tactic... either way, not great. I assume others are ordering without issues.

So, again I come here, hoping for some resolution. I am glad to see that this thread has been viewed quite a few times. Perhaps that will send the message to Vaporbomb that with the competitive nature of e-liquid providers, this type of scenario should not be taken lightly. But, as I said in my first post, I am probably a small customer, so I don't have a lot of pull. I do/did order roughly once a month from VaporBomb, and directed many of my friends and co-workers who have joined the vaping community to shop at their store... I'm really just hoping that this is the last negative post I have to make. I dont want to give up on them (I really do like the juice), but this is really the end of my patience.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Update: Have heard nothing since the email on on the 10th. I did not see Big Moe's post about the email issues, so I ignorantly emailed expecting that they would reply (Ironically, the email I did get on the 10th was a reply to an earlier email, so some must be getting through). I did PM Big Moe, and have not heard anything from that either.

It is just frustrating that the communication is so poor. The email I recd. on the 10th stated they were waiting on ingredients and quality control testing... yet the website shows the item "in stock". Either the website is not up to date, or that was just a delay tactic... either way, not great. I assume others are ordering without issues.

So, again I come here, hoping for some resolution. I am glad to see that this thread has been viewed quite a few times. Perhaps that will send the message to Vaporbomb that with the competitive nature of e-liquid providers, this type of scenario should not be taken lightly. But, as I said in my first post, I am probably a small customer, so I don't have a lot of pull. I do/did order roughly once a month from VaporBomb, and directed many of my friends and co-workers who have joined the vaping community to shop at their store... I'm really just hoping that this is the last negative post I have to make. I dont want to give up on them (I really do like the juice), but this is really the end of my patience.

Hello,

When I received your PM yesterday I contacted customer service right away. When I sent you a PM this morning to follow up I noticed you posted the above comments so I contacted customer service again they stated that they were leaving the office when I contacted them so they were going to contact you this morning. In any case the reason you have not received the reorder is because our manager was coming in the office this morning to check the quality before we ship out to be sure we do not run into the same issue you had with your first order. The customer service will reach out to you this morning once they are in the office and provide a more detailed explanation. I apologize for the delay, but customer service did not want to notify you of the corrected order until the quality check was completed by management and we could provide the exact shipment details to you. I believe the last response they sent was that we would notify you as soon as we had an update. We have not had an update until now. The juice is posted back in stock but we have not shipped. Part of our new quality policy is that the juice is verified first. Once again I apologize but we did not want to reship until we were completely sure this was resolved.

Best Regards
Monica

Best Regards

kansascity1

Aug 16, 2013
Kansas City
The juice arrived yesterday. I was a little concerned that it still took on the "Milky" appearance when shaken which previously indicated a problem. I let the bottles come to room temperature overnight and tried one today...

• (full disclosure: I tested the juice in an older rig I had. I am not sure if it was one I tried when troubleshooting the issue with the original shipment, but given the costs of the now unusable atomizers, I didnt want to lose another)

There is still something off with this. It is markedly better than the first batch, but still has a chemical aftertaste. Also, still seems to be a far cry harsher than before. I will try again with a fresh setup once I go through the juice I purchased from a local vendor, and will update this thread. No matter what, I suspect my next update will be the last on this. No sense in beating a dead horse.

I am not sure what changed, perhaps a new vendor for PG or VG... maybe new menthol supplier... heck, with the news on cinnamon extracts, perhaps that is the culprit. But whatever it is, I believe it is hurting the product.

As for:
The customer service will reach out to you this morning once they are in the office and provide a more detailed explanation.

I recieved notice of the shipment. Thats it. Not really detail, but hey, at least it was shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread