Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
View attachment 547652
This is what I've narrowed my choices down to, it helps if I put 'em together. Hmmm...

.....{SNIPPED}..... Anyway, Ghost White owners. Is the light from the LED showing through kinda cool or does it get annoying after awhile? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
I've been disappointed with the ghost 'white' since day one. We all know that ProVape is notorious for horrid pics of their devices. You don't see the actual color & beauty of the mod until you have it in your sweaty mitts!

Having never owned a "ghost" colored mod, I didn't expect the white to be see-thru so to speak & it bothers the :censored: outta me.

Thinking of it now it was the reason why I bought the sleeves that I don't even use cause they also distract from the mod. :shock:

In order for the seeing of the battery to not make me pull my hair out, I match the LED to whatever color battery is in there.

If customization had been available when I bought my Radius, @AstroTurf & I would be Wonder Twins! #FistBump

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I can't help you with your choices since I have plain vanilla radius's only. But, they all look good.

It's amazing how much you were charged for the P3 upgrade. On a recent trip to NYC (which is a very expensive place to buy or do anything) I went to the only vapeshop which does the upgrade (VapeNY in midtown FYI.) They said they were big fans of Provari and would happily do it for nothing. I bought a bottle of their juice as a fair trade, and, in fact, really liked it.
I believe it. For some reason, Las Vegas is absolutely the worst place in the world to do business with a vape shop. I don't think it's the tourist business, because it's every single vape shop in town that borders on ridiculous pricing; on average most prices are 75%-100% above internet pricing. I'm kicking myself for not asking how much Provari mods were going for, and the owner probably assumed this would be the only sale he would ever make to me in my life and being the only Provari upgrade center in the city, he took advantage it.

Needless to say, I do all my vape needs through the internet.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I've been disappointed with the ghost 'white' since day one. We all know that ProVape is notorious for horrid pics of their devices. You don't see the actual color & beauty of the mod until you have it in your sweaty mitts!

Having never owned a "ghost" colored mod, I didn't expect the white to be see-thru so to speak & it bothers the :censored: outta me.

Thinking of it now it was the reason why I bought the sleeves that I don't even use cause they also distract from the mod. :shock:

In order for the seeing of the battery to not make me pull my hair out, I match the LED to whatever color battery is in there.

If customization had been available when I bought my Radius, @AstroTurf & I would be Wonder Twins! #FistBump
I think I may agree with you, Lex. I'm glad I went to the shop to see them in person. The owner was using the Ghost and the more I think about it the more I believe that seeing the LED through the mod every time I fire would become carnival like over time. Seeing the blue, it was a brighter shade than I thought from all the "dark" descriptions around here, almost like a nice pair of jeans. I'm thinking a darkened window and the bronze accents would lighten it even further. I already have a titanium white mini that I am completely enamored of and a black classic will cover my need for pure black.

I'm going Midnight Blue and Bronze.

However, I did order some white battery wraps when I was thinking Ghost and they're on the way. PM me if you want to try a couple to make that battery disappear - I don't need 'em now.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I think I may agree with you, Lex. I'm glad I went to the shop to see them in person. The owner was using the Ghost and the more I think about it the more I believe that seeing the LED through the mod every time I fire would become carnival like over time. Seeing the blue, it was a brighter shade than I thought from all the "dark" descriptions around here, almost like a nice pair of jeans. I'm thinking a darkened window and the bronze accents would lighten it even further. I already have a titanium white mini that I am completely enamored of and a black classic will cover my need for pure black.

I'm going Midnight Blue and Bronze.

However, I did order some white battery wraps when I was thinking Ghost and they're on the way. PM me if you want to try a couple to make that battery disappear - I don't need 'em now.
Cool!!!!!!!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I can't help you with your choices since I have plain vanilla radius's only. But, they all look good.

It's amazing how much you were charged for the P3 upgrade. On a recent trip to NYC (which is a very expensive place to buy or do anything) I went to the only vapeshop which does the upgrade (VapeNY in midtown FYI.) They said they were big fans of Provari and would happily do it for nothing. I bought a bottle of their juice as a fair trade, and, in fact, really liked it.

I thought The Henley Vaporium (SoHo) did the upgrade.

I didn't know that there was a shop in Midtown doing them as well.

So, that makes Two!.

Going there soon.

Is this that vape bar that opened fairly recently?

Wow, this VapeNY place has expanded! They have alot more locations now.

Last edited:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I really like my Ghostie, but then; I also have an Onyx for quiet time.

The extra light showing through adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the vaping experience.

If I had to have just the one, it would be the Ghost.

I've wondered since day 1 if the see-through aspect of the white version was planned all along or if it was just a function of the material being used. The colored versions are obviously using dyes in the polycarbonate and that serves to make them opaque.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I have to give Provape credit (or they must be slow right now). Ordered my custom Radius last night and it shipped today!

Provape must have changed their shipping policy. The last couple of mods I got from them shipped First Class with no signature confirmation, and I thought it was because they were 2.5's and clearance priced so no Priority Mail. But my Radius is shipping First Class as well, so no sig confirmation with this either. Saving a couple of bucks, are they? Sad thing is now it's a 3-day wait and not 2 days. Sigh....

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have to give Provape credit (or they must be slow right now). Ordered my custom Radius last night and it shipped today!

Provape must have changed their shipping policy. The last couple of mods I got from them shipped First Class with no signature confirmation, and I thought it was because they were 2.5's and clearance priced so no Priority Mail. But my Radius is shipping First Class as well, so no sig confirmation with this either. Saving a couple of bucks, are they? Sad thing is now it's a 3-day wait and not 2 days. Sigh....

Congrats! You may be surprised on the shipping. My new Procyon shipped from Monroe last Wednesday and made it into my hands by Friday morning with standard Provape shipping. That's Monroe Washington, to Tampa, FL in two days.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I thought The Henley Vaporium (SoHo) did the upgrade.

I didn't know that there was a shop in Midtown doing them as well.

So, that makes Two!.

Going there soon.

Is this that vape bar that opened fairly recently?

Wow, this VapeNY place has expanded! They have alot more locations now.
I found VapeNY by looking at Provari's website for their dealers. Henley's (which I've been to some time ago) wasn't one of them.
I'm not sure when VapeNY opened, but I think it's been a year or two. They have several locations and they're all small shoebox shops, only selling their own liquids and various gear, and are good folks.
I don't live in NYC, but visit regularly. I do most of my shopping on line, but ALWAYS would prefer buying from a B&M, even paying a small premium, partly because I want to keep downtowns alive and partly because I love rubbing elbows (and whatever else is allowed) with fellow human beings rather than rubbing electrons. Know what I mean?

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I'm just glad I waited to buy my second Radius and was able to take advantage of the custom options. I knew from the moment my first Onyx arrived I would have a second, but I would have been completely wrapped around my axle if I had bought the second only to have the custom shop hit the shelves a short time later! As to the P3, I bought one, and it will be the ONLY one due to the inability to upgrade the firmware without a trip *somewhere*. Though I love my Ti Military edition, it will never see a firmware upgrade unless it ceases to function.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

J-Wraps has skins for the Radius, which also means they have a template. If you don't like the stock patterns offered, they can use the template to create wraps from patterns you provide.

I can help you with the layout if you like, so if there are details they will go where they are supposed to.

Radius_music_1.jpg
Raidus_paisley.jpg

And don't forget, wraps can be made of materials other than vinyl. I used to make cloth wraps, which lasted 3-4 months of heavy use before they needed a new outfit.

promink.jpg
propirate.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread