Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
.....{SNIPPED}.....Doesn't bug me anyways as it is a tool to keep me off the butts, not a fragile piece of art.
I do get what you mean but I'm one of many who becomes disinterested in a mod that shows battle scars. A lot of people say their mods that look like that have character- for me it's an eyesore.
Thankfully it's only been the cheap-y throw-aways this has happened to.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I do get what you mean but I'm one of many who becomes disinterested in a mod that shows battle scars. A lot of people say their mods that look like that have character- for me it's an eyesore.
Thankfully it's only been the cheap-y throw-aways this has happened to.
I think it would be pretty hard to make a Provari look like an eyesore, but I hear what you are saying.

I really don't care, but prefer new over mangled if I have a choice. A couple of my 40+ year old bass guitars look like they were dragged behind a truck and strangely most musicians love that "Reliced" look. Weird.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
In almost 3 yrs I've only seen 1 ProVari that looked like it went to hell & back. I *think* @WillyZee bought it & fixed it up. I'm not 100% sure if it was him.
I saw a custom Radius at a recent vape show and the copper finish was worn like crazy. Not peeling, just really really worn. Maybe a bad finish due to QC, but it was bad.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I think it would be pretty hard to make a Provari look like an eyesore, but I hear what you are saying.

I really don't care, but prefer new over mangled if I have a choice. A couple of my 40+ year old bass guitars look like they were dragged behind a truck and strangely most musicians love that "Reliced" look. Weird.

I had Zen put the P3 top on this v2 when it looked like this ... one of my favourite daily vapes.

HoHProvaris14.jpg

In almost 3 yrs I've only seen 1 ProVari that looked like it went to hell & back. I *think* @WillyZee bought it & fixed it up. I'm not 100% sure if it was him.

This one is not mine ... still a nice vape :cool:

ProvariBeatup.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Don't see a lot of iSticks with that kinda wear. Just sayin'....

If you're sayin' that iSticks (and other inexpensive mods) generally don't last long enough to show that kind of wear, then I fully agree. Then again, there is a huge market for disposable electronics (like cell phones), because newer generations don't care as much about quality. Many would rather have the new shiny model every year, and that's fine if that's what you're into. For most things, I prefer proven quality over the new shiny, and I'll buy the new shiny quality if it appeals to me, but it won't be out of necessity to replace the previous shiny.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have noticed a bit of wear on my two stealth provaris. It sucks,but i am going to kep them and just stick to steel, most likely satin finish :)
Heh. I just noticed the bottom edge of my Stealth Radius is starting to wear. Not a big deal, but bare metal is starting to show thru.

ravnhaus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2015
I went satin for my collection. One polished 2.5 Mini. The colors are cool, but being an old guy I knew that would wear away. I like the industrial look and feel of the satin finish. Most tanks mate well with the flat stainless vibe.
Here are a couple of the tribe.

ProvariGang.jpg

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I went satin for my collection. One polished 2.5 Mini. The colors are cool, but being an old guy I knew that would wear away. I like the industrial look and feel of the satin finish. Most tanks mate well with the flat stainless vibe.

View attachment 561579
Well, one good thing, at your age, you're definitely set for life! :D
Very, very nice!

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby

View attachment 561579
Yep, I have to agree. Not only will the Satin Silver wear better than the rest, but they are the best feeling mods as well. Smooth and comfortable to hold.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread