RDA Customized 510 Pins for Squonking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Can anyone point me in the direction of a modder or company that drills out 510 pins for squonking? I'm planning on buying a Rip Trippers Pharaoh drip tank and I want to use it as a squonker but it needs the 510 modded in order to do that.

Thanks!

Reactions: Train2

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Fat Daddy sells 2 sizes...
1448258713.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Most centerpins are brass and plated with something so it would be best to replace them with SS, imo... If you have the means to do the drilling, by all means drill away. The other options you have would be these replacement pins or send your atty's to Tom. It all depends on what you are replacing the pin on. The ones I have done needed to be ground after installing them to get the heads to the right height. Not very hard to do, but time consuming. Not all that much has to come off. It will save you about $30+ after all is said and done though.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
Most centerpins are brass and plated with something so it would be best to replace them with SS, imo... If you have the means to do the drilling, by all means drill away. The other options you have would be these replacement pins or send your atty's to Tom. It all depends on what you are replacing the pin on. The ones I have done needed to be ground after installing them to get the heads to the right height. Not very hard to do, but time consuming. Not all that much has to come off. It will save you about $30+ after all is said and done though.

Good info but who is Tom
Does he have a web site?
Thanks

Reactions: muzichead

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Good info but who is Tom
Does he have a web site?
Thanks
LOL - Tom "is" "Catfish Atty Mods".
No website, but I think there's a Facebook group - but the BEST place is the thread I liked to above.

Tom (Catfish)
- keeps a look out for great new authentic atty's to turn into bottomfeeders, and works a group price with the manufacturer, so sometimes we can get a BF modded version for about the same price as a regular version.
- Lately has added a couple clones to the offering - but only if you can't get an authentic, and only if it's high quality
- Will mod a send-in for bottom-feeding, if it's trickier than just drilling the pin - or if you just want to be sure it's done right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread