• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

customs getting harsher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
oh... well thats what the dope on the phone said... he just lost a customer... I ended up spending 2 man over at vaprspot (or vapejp) Halo triton and a bunch of overpriced juice....

Checkout Killer Juice. They have reasonable shipping times and decent prices on good flavours. They have sales as well. Got some 99c sales Mt. Dew sangrita, Pina Colada, and kiwi strawberry this week.

Sakurai

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Japan
I've ordered from a buncha diff companies fer juice but never went over the 120ml limit. I wonder if customs checks the description tag.
I've never had a problem but I'm considering a big order from yaeliq as their juices are delicious and cheap and extremely fast (7 days/$10.00)!!!
Fastest order I had from the US was at least 2weeks and shipping was from $12~30 for lightweight items.

Anybody here ever order from yaeliq?

rivernate

Mar 12, 2014
Hokkaido Japan
Just ordered 500mls from Yaeliq, so will keep you all posted.
To get around customs, I order 18mg nic (100mls) and 0 nic (200mls) of the same flavor to get me a total of 300mls of 6mg juice.
I chucked in a couple of bottles of 0 nic for friends... With only 100ml of nic in there Im thinking there wont be an issue with customs, but Ill let you know.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Mt. Baker Vapor has never had a problem getting my juice to me in 10 days or less. But I never order more than 120ml in one order. People who do are just asking for an inspection and delays at customs.
Customs doesn't really care about the amount of nicotine in the order, just the amount of juice. If they inspect, they will not take the time to add up the amount of total nicotine vs. 0 nic juice, they will just hold it and it will take longer or get sent back. Remember these are government employees in a really boring job and they don't care about you, they have too many packages and not enough time. The easiest thing for them to do is deny it. If that much gets through than they have done the laziest thing (nothing at all) and you got lucky.
Just split your order, pay a little extra on shipping. If you are ordering for friends, send half to their house. Fortunately when I make two orders from the same company, I send one to my home and one to my office.

ordered from giant vapes (120ml) - ships via fed ex and I got it within 3 working days (ordered Friday, received Monday!). Cost was $25.00 to ship. Worth it in my opinion since they (fed ex)have their own little customs office to get things pushed through faster and they have faster updates to their package tracking to anticipate it's arrival to your door!

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
@angrygaijin - Mt Baker Vapor is the ONLY company I buy juice from. Shipments always within 7-10 days and I gladly pay for the shipping because they are so good at it. The juice is fresh, and customizable to your taste and device.
But as said before, don't push the limits. 4-30ml bottles is around what has been getting through. Go more than 150ml, and you are just asking for delays.

Angrygaijin

Dec 3, 2014
Japan
@angrygaijin - Mt Baker Vapor is the ONLY company I buy juice from. Shipments always within 7-10 days and I gladly pay for the shipping because they are so good at it. The juice is fresh, and customizable to your taste and device.
But as said before, don't push the limits. 4-30ml bottles is around what has been getting through. Go more than 150ml, and you are just asking for delays.

Thanks mbottema,
How much do they get for shipping per order?
I'm an occasional vaper, so my first two bottles will probably last a month or two. also if you can answer, about how long is the shelf life of their juice. What's the oldest bottle you had hanging around that you used and still tasted good? Anyone welcome to reply as well, thanks much.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Juice last a long time. From what I hear over two years. They make their juice to order, so it is only made when you request it (except for their GWAR juice). Their juice can benefit from a little steeping, but if you go through juice that slowly, you will have no problem.
They charge me about $20 for 4-6 30ml bottles, and they ship next day most times. I go through 4 bottles a month between me and my wife. Bonus, they usually send a 15 ml sample with your order for free, so it like getting a discount and I've found a few flavors I like because of that.
My go to juice there is blueberry or blue ice, 30ml with 3 extra flavor shots at a 80pg/20vg blend and 6mg of nic. Last order was 4 bottles, total cost plus shipping $47. Coupon code (vaporfrombaker) gets 10% off.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Yea, we have been in to ordering 10x30ml of shipments, without ever having a problem.

Frequently order 120 mls of juice without issues. I did order a package from Jvapes once, and it got delayed because it said juice, 6mg nicotine.
so i waited about 21 days for that. They resent the package the day they resent the package, The package came in the mail... haha. So the second package was 10 days... but that was because it was inspected at the border because this time they didnt write any customs declaration

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
300ml with no problem? The most I've ever ordered at one time was 180 and I was worried. Got here no problem, but then again I don't want to risk any more than that.
How many times have you ordered 300ml, or 10x30ml. I wonder if it has to do with the bottle size and not the bottle number. They sell a 236ml bottle for $40.
Should I give it a shot?

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
well we ordered 10x30ml of space vapors from the Philippines,, and that was no issue. then buddy ordered, I believe another 200 ml from states

and then... a few weeks ago... I ordered CJMR 4x30ml + 1x120ml, which is 240 and had no issues.
I frequently order 18 bottles of killer juice....and dont have an issue.

But then most of those companies dont write exactly what it is on the shipping label ( which i think is better...) I am not sure about the shipping labels of MBV

but yea, give it a shot... if it doesnt pass then ... ur out a bit, and take a bit of a hit... but ... we have NEVER EVER had a package denied, and we have been ordering crazy amounts countless times... if its just luck, then we better go buy a lottery ticket. Doesnt really seem like customs gives too much a ..... Ive only had 1 package opened, with juice in it, and it was because the customs label had nothing written on it.other then that, im almost 100% youd be fine. mind you, i wouldnt go probably wouldnt go over 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread