Cut with Glycerin

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Trinity, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trinity

Trinity Full Member

I got a bottle of high strength strawberry from pillbox, was just a bit harsh and strong for me, so I mixed it 3:1 with glycerin from the chemist.

Whoa!

Cut the harshnesss down, still had the good throat hit, and vape like you wouldnt believe. Literally, I cant see my screen sometimes :D:D:D:D

2. mcastles

mcastles Full Member

I got some 36 mg tobacco flavor from pillbox and I have some glycerin! I think I am going to try that too! : )

3. Schroedinger's cat

Schroedinger's cat Senior Member ECF Veteran

4. birdmix

birdmix Full Member

I got a Mint High was too strong for me, so I went to Vitamine shop to get a bottle of VG but it was out of stock so I ordered.
    So now I'm waiting or my VG so I can MIX!

5. Kimmiegrif

Kimmiegrif Super Member ECF Veteran

I found it at Michaels craft shop in the cake...candy making isle.

6. MagusSteele

MagusSteele Super Member ECF Veteran

NorthCoast, Cleveland, OH, USA, Terra, Sol System
    I saw the Cake Iceing cutting glycerin, im not sure if thats the same, it seemed thicker.
    Does it work ok?
    I Use the Health Food stuff and its good, and sweet tasteing.
    It even seems to add a bit of fog to the vapor.

7. Kimmiegrif

I have used it and it seems okay to me. maybe use less....

8. gouki

gouki Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah glycerin adds alot of vapour but cuts the flavour if add too much. Still unsure as to what is safer though food grade or pharmaceutical (sp).

9. MagusSteele

To Me, i prefer/trust Food grade better.
    It may be wrong, but i think food grade can be eaten, where Pharm grade is just pure, and may not always be used internally, depends the one you get.
    The ones ive seen in the pharmacys here, say external only, but the health food ones are marked to be taken internally that i got.

10. RjG

RjG Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Everything you want to know:

Why Glycerine USP? <- click here

Food grade and (U)SP appears to be the same thing....

11. RjG

I'd be more worried about a health food store bottle, since who knows where it came from. The SP stuff is regulated with an associated paper trail - according to the website

12. MagusSteele

Attached Files:

13. RjG

That is interesting... the "external use only" thing. The bottle I got from the drugstore says you can gargle with it. I wonder if that's a labelling thing, since 100% pure should be the same, no matter what.

The 500ml bottle of USP PG that came from Xenex Labs says "avoid inhalation" on it too though, LOL.

USP:

"USP includes chemical descriptions, identifying tests, and purity tests, primarily for active ingredients. All materials listed in the USP are considered drugs by law and subject to all the U.S. Food & Drug Administration requirements pertaining to drugs. Labeling a product or a substance as USP implies that it conforms to all the legal requirements of the FDA and that it was produced in accordance with the principles outlined in FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices"

"under FDA regulations, the quality and purity of USP and FCC glycerin products must be supported by systematic and complete record keeping on the part of the manufacturer. For example, every shipment of USP and FCC glycerin must be referenced to a lot number, which permits tracing back to the plant in which the product was produced. These requirements are designed to assure a level of product integrity that cannot be achieved strictly by reliance only on physical and chemical testing."

So USP means it legally qualifies as a "Drug" and better d*mn well contain what it says it does :)

That particular heath food store stuff MAGUSTEELE buys is VERY impressive as well

Their web page, although hard to find, says:
    NOW Foods - Glycerin or Diethylene Glycol?

"At NOW® Foods, we perform identity testing on our raw materials and finished goods in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice standards to ensure the safety and quality of our products. To avoid the use of DEG-contaminated glycerin, specific analytical testing procedures are performed on glycerin materials, as well as finished products containing glycerin such as our XyliWhiteTM toothpastes. These quality controls provide a reasonable assurance that our products are tested to be safe.

Technical Details

The USP infrared absorption method from the USP monograph is used for the identification of individual compounds of glycerin and DEG. The USP gas chromatography/flame ionization selection (GC/FID) method is used to distinguish glycerin from DEG and determine the concentration of DEG contamination. We use the USP GC method to determine the level of DEG in glycerin by spiking 0.1% of DEG into glycerin standard solution and comparing the peak size. The assay allows the precise and sensitive identification and limit testing of DEG in glycerin raw material and some final products. By using this method to verify the limit of DEG in glycerin products, Now Foods ensures the best quality of our products for our customers, while avoiding potentially harmful impurities."

So it looks pretty good for either of these, I'd say. Just be careful to research whatever you get if it doesn't have some legal quality assurance label on it.

14. gouki

gouki Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well i got mine from here hxxp://w w w .newdirectionsaromatics.ca/glycerine-vegetable-p-540.html and if you clink on the link MSDS & C of A there is a mention inhaling (Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. Avoid casual breathing.) but have been told it's ok. Still unsure though but so far no symptoms. :confused:

15. RjG

Cool. You'll be the only Canadian e-smoker who still HAS to go outside this winter :p

16. MagusSteele

doesnt sound like a good thing to use, if the fumes are bad for you.
    I dont think that means use with fresh air, i think it means if inhaled, get to fresh air to get it out.

17. Kimmiegrif

gargle....mine says it is used for icing on cakes...

18. baalel

baalel Full Member ECF Veteran

I've been known to inhale cake and its never done me any harm :p

19. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Glycerine is the main ingredient in some mouthwashes. Check for a mouthwash to cure bleeding gums. It's almost pure glycerine. This is good stuff. Worrying is worse for you than inhaling glycerine vapor!

20. SANJP

SANJP Senior Member ECF Veteran

There is a massive difference between eating and Inhaling things .

Our stomachs can take a serious pounding I mean ther full of acid 100% of the time !

Our lungs on the other hand are not so tuff !

So bottom line is until the powers that be do long term testing we will never now if vaping PG or VG will kill us in the long term or not.

We do know that Cigarettes will kill you so think we may be better off with vaping but maybe its just a matter of time before we are told it will kill us too? who knows hey ?​

We Vape In The Name Of Science !!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.