Cutting ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone,
Because I am ridiculously cheap, I've found a way to stretch my ejuice dollar.
Of course, I'm sure this is something that everyone has known about for a while.

My absolute favorite flavor is Steamjunk's Ghostberry. It costs me 20.00 a bottle here in the great white north.
I currently vape at 6mg of nicotine.
So, here's what I do...
I buy 1 30ml bottle of 12mg nicotine. Go to Walmart and buy a 100ml bottle of Glycerin USP for 5 bucks.
Go home and take an empty 30ml bottle (I keep my empties because I'm weird) of Ghostberry.
Remove the tip on the new bottle, pour half of the ejuice into the empty bottle.
I now have 2 half bottles of 12 mg Ghostberry.
Fill the bottles the rest of the way with the glycerin USP (Be sure it says USP on the label)
And, Voila! I have 2 bottles of Ghostberry at 6mg of nicotine.
I have also done this with other flavors I have and like and find no diminishing of the flavor at all. I would never do anything to kill Ghostberry's smooth flavor.
I highly recommend this method to anyone.
Hope this helps someone or was at least an interesting read.
Questions are always welcome!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
This would be easy to do with juices that the companies offer extra flavor shots.

DIY juice is very popular in the forum. I have compiled these links in case you are interested.

DIY
RECIPIES
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
E-liquid recipes | dot1ml
Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
diyRecipeBook
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
ejuicerecipeforum-the place for DIY e-juice lovers
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

MANUFACTURERS
The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
The Hangsen Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera- a few reviews | E-Cigarette Forum
Flavor West DIY flavor review | E-Cigarette Forum
LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages | E-Cigarette Forum
Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings | E-Cigarette Forum

-------------------------------------------
DIY SUPPLIERS
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes
Wizard Labs
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Anyone who spends $20 for 30ml of juice isn't ridiculously cheap, they're excessively expensive.

If you want to be ridiculously cheap you DIY. For $20 I can make somewhere around 1,200ml of juice. Any flavor I want, any nic level I want, with any PC/VG mix that I want.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
I agree Average. However, As I'm still new at this and remain ridiculously cheap, I assume that DIY would involve SOME sort of initial investment in materials and equipment (graduated beakers, etc).
For Ghostberry, I'll pay the 20, happily. But cutting the juice with Glycerin USP I get 2 for the price of 1 and that satisfies my wallet, and makes my wife happy :thumbs:
Thanks for your time, my friend.

Reactions: tvapernow

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I diy and my average cost per ml is .06. That's $1.80 for a 30ml bottle of whatever-I-want. I'm not cheap, I just like my juice more than most of what's on a shelf. I'm to the point where I can give juice away for people to try vaping or diy-ing themselves. Friends love me, vape shops hate me. lol

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Hey everyone,
Because I am ridiculously cheap, I've found a way to stretch my ejuice dollar.
Of course, I'm sure this is something that everyone has known about for a while.

My absolute favorite flavor is Steamjunk's Ghostberry. It costs me 20.00 a bottle here in the great white north.
I currently vape at 6mg of nicotine.
So, here's what I do...
I buy 1 30ml bottle of 12mg nicotine. Go to Walmart and buy a 100ml bottle of Glycerin USP for 5 bucks.
Go home and take an empty 30ml bottle (I keep my empties because I'm weird) of Ghostberry.
Remove the tip on the new bottle, pour half of the ejuice into the empty bottle.
I now have 2 half bottles of 12 mg Ghostberry.
Fill the bottles the rest of the way with the glycerin USP (Be sure it says USP on the label)
And, Voila! I have 2 bottles of Ghostberry at 6mg of nicotine.
I have also done this with other flavors I have and like and find no diminishing of the flavor at all. I would never do anything to kill Ghostberry's smooth flavor.
I highly recommend this method to anyone.
Hope this helps someone or was at least an interesting read.
Questions are always welcome!

Yep,I've been thinning my juices for a while now.The local pharmacy sells me 500ml.bottles of pg/vg for a reasonable price.

Ravi Brounstein

Unresolved Status
Jun 4, 2015
Eugene Oregon
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
Obviously I could save money in the long run by buying glycerin in bulk.
But really, how reliable is mail/online ordering? They really don't have a face do they?
I could put any clear, viscous liquid in a bottle, stamp it as glycerin USP and sell to the teeming masses online and not give a .....
However, in the interest of my own safety, I switched to the local drug store brand of glycerin USP.
I find that as long as it says USP on the bottle, it should be safe.
Also, it should be clear and odorless.
Any seasoned vaper would know immediately if the glycerin was not up to snuff.

Ravi Brounstein

Unresolved Status
Jun 4, 2015
Eugene Oregon
  • Deleted by retired1

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I also spend $20 on a 15ml bottle of halo eliquid.
No way am I spending that on anything less than 24mg.
My dilution ratio is more like 10 to 1.
I gots lots of 120ml empty bottles from glycerine - I can see 20+ of em right now.
I add about 10% bottled water.
1 bottle of 24mg eliquid goes straight to a 120ml empty bottle, then I add about 10ml of water, shake then fill up with glycerine, and shake shake shake.

Most vapers probably know how hard it can be sometimes to get rid of a flavour from a tank; there's a lesson in there somewhere - sometimes just a small amount of flavour is all you really need.

Ravi Brounstein

Unresolved Status
Jun 4, 2015
Eugene Oregon
  • Deleted by retired1

Ravi Brounstein

Unresolved Status
Jun 4, 2015
Eugene Oregon
  • Deleted by retired1

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
Dont use walmart glycerin!
I agree. I bought a bottle to test the theory and I found it made me very phlegmy.
I bought a second bottle from my local drug store and found it to be much better with a lot less phlegm. So I will most likely stay with it as I'm getting great results.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
UPDATE: Since I posted this thread, I have literally 'cut' every juice in my arsenal with Shoppers Drug Mart; Life brand glycerin. I find it miles above the Walmart brand and is an enjoyable vape.
As my avatar suggests, I have recently went to Ghostberry as my all day, all night vape. Now, in my deep rooted love for the taste of ghostberry, I would NEVER do anything to hurt the taste. Cutting a 30ml bottle of 12mg Ghostberry into 2 x 30 ml bottles of 6mg has proven awesome. I've just cut my 3rd round and found that I'm vaping 60ml of Ghostberry a week:eek:.
It seems like a lot to me, but if I am to stay away from the 'stink sticks', this is what I need.
Hope this helps someone who is looking to stretch their juice dollar.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Why? Walmart VG (USP) is good for vaping.
I found I didn't like the taste of the walmart vg, so I use the Now brand. It's organic, non gmo made from palm and vegetable oil. Taste is subjective though. I use it to cut my ecblend juice. I buy 3mg with double flavor and cut it with this and it tastes great.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I DIY too, so just a couple points -
1 - that $0.05 to $0.06 per ml cost is legit. That's about what it works out to.
2 - It's EASY. You're already mixing liquids... you do not need to make a major investment, you just need a few $ worth of syringes, some nic and PG and a few flavors for a couple recipes. You can find recipes and trusted vendors here on ECF.
3 - a LOT of people use Essential Depot for VG. You can get it from them with free shipping or sales prices sometimes if you want a GALLON - for smaller bottles, I've found the price better on Amazon. But it's good VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread