Cync by Vape Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Well I just got my Cync today, I ordered it with the one 4.5% Njoy Menthol vape pod, plus two extra 1.35 ml Menthol pods (not 1.5 like on the site, the box is marked 1.35 ml). I have suspicions that it may have been a returned device, it was in an unwrapped box, and the battery had no wropper either. and no instructions. The pod was sealed in a metallic wrapper and was obviously new. I charged it, didn't take long, put on the new pod, took a MTL hit, took another, nothing, lol. So then I took a long slow draw, it popped a little and got some vapor. Taking a fast hit resulted in a little juice and a tingling mouth. Hard to get vapor MTL, I decided to try a direct to lung hit. Taking a slow, deep draw, direct to lung, wow, good hard hit and menthol flavor. A few more DTL draws like this and my cravings were completely satisfied, and low vapor on the exhale. It's actually quite enjoyable DTL though this is not my normal style. This might just work out for stealth vaping after all. Slow long inhales don't pull the juice out either. At this point, it's not working MTL the way I wanted, but it still might work out for DTL, a lot more testing to do, see how long the pod lasts, battery life (380 mah I believe) etc. I will continue to try over the next few days and update you.
Update: having alternated the Cync with Njoy pod with my regular Triton mini tonight, I can't recommend the Cync with the Njoy pods, vaping direct to lung it irritates the back of my throat, and it just won't draw vapor MTL. I will still use it some over the next few days.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Update 2: A full day of alternating the Cync with the Njoy Menthol 1.35 ml pod with my Triton Mini vaping NET, and I've finally figured out how to make the Cync work for me....sometimes I take a slow DTL hit.. but more often now I start off with a slow lung inhale until it starts firing then swap over to a deep mouth inhale, then to lung (MTL), this works. Its smoother this way, no itching in the back of the throat, and is more natural for my MTL style. Based on juice usage, I think this pod will last me another day, for at least two full days per pod. The Njoy Daily's only lasted me a day as I alternated with the T Mini, so this will be cheaper at $2.50 or less a day, the dailys cost me 3.12 buying 20 at a time with a 35% discount (which I no longer get discount alerts from Njoy for). I charged the battery tonight, so the 380 mah battery is good for about a day. This is working pretty good as a stealth vape now that I've figured out how do make it work. Not ideal though, a pod stick should be made to easily vape MTL. I will see how it goes over the next week or so, I have two more pods after this one runs out.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Update 3: I'm on my second Njoy pod on the Cync, from the new 2 pack I bought with it. This pod is working much better, getting vapor on the first MTL puff. It must have a better seal or something. If all were this good it would be acceptable. It's a little airy, but that doesn't bother me, the hit is still strong and smooth.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Update 5 (lol): got my two new packs of njoy 1.35 ml 45mg menthol pods for the Cync, the first one is like the first poor performing pod I had, have to take a long draw to get it going. When I get some refill juice I'm going to examine the good performing pods and the poor performing ones to see if I can figure out why some are great (good MTL hit on first puff) and some suck. Tried the other pod out of the same pack and it vapes just fine on first puff. Hit or miss but at least they've all worked in some fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya Lyral

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I just got some new pods in. Tried the Njoy 45mg classic tobacco.. junk yet again. I guess the smaller pods really are for DL, but even then, not good at all. I just threw them away. That will be the last time I try the 1.5 ml. I did order some the VF tobacco 2.5 pods (18mg) and they work so much better. I just do not know if 18 will be satisfying enough for me out of this thing. I enjoy the flavor a lot of the VF basic tobacco, just wish they would put the 24 mg in the 2.5 pods. I really do not know why they dont put higher nic the bigger pods. Really makes no sense. Anyway, I may use the 2.5 pods, I am not sure yet. I need to find a replacement for Njoy dailys, just too expensive. I have about 100 left. I may try to myjet also, but I need to find a tobacco juice that is similiar to Njoy, nothing too sweet to try it with, but I am not sure what I am going to do yet. If I can get by at the 18 mg 2.5 pods, depending on how long they last me, I may go with that because the VF is a really good tobacco flavor. Wish i could buy it in the bottle!

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just got some new pods in. Tried the Njoy 45mg classic tobacco.. junk yet again. I guess the smaller pods really are for DL, but even then, not good at all. I just threw them away. That will be the last time I try the 1.5 ml. I did order some the VF tobacco 2.5 pods (18mg) and they work so much better. I just do not know if 18 will be satisfying enough for me out of this thing. I enjoy the flavor a lot of the VF basic tobacco, just wish they would put the 24 mg in the 2.5 pods. I really do not know why they dont put higher nic the bigger pods. Really makes no sense. Anyway, I may use the 2.5 pods, I am not sure yet. I need to find a replacement for Njoy dailys, just too expensive. I have about 100 left. I may try to myjet also, but I need to find a tobacco juice that is similiar to Njoy, nothing too sweet to try it with, but I am not sure what I am going to do yet. If I can get by at the 18 mg 2.5 pods, depending on how long they last me, I may go with that because the VF is a really good tobacco flavor. Wish i could buy it in the bottle!
Do you refill your 2.5 ml pods? Too late now but maybe you could fill with the juice from the 1.35 45 mg Nic pods. I don't have a replacement for the njoy tobacco but I have mixed a very satisfactory replacement for the njoy menthols, see My posts in the Myjet thread. I will continue fine tuning things but so far very happy! I have some NET tobacco extracts on the way to try as well in the pods with Nude Nicotine Nic salts when it all gets here.

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I have the Cync. I have the standard and the stealth battery. I love using it, but my only gripe is that if the pod doesn't "snap" in properly, it doesn't work as effectively as when it does "snap" in all the way. Anyone else having that problem?
It could be because I am still trying to find the flavors I like the most, and so I will switch out back and forth (for example, I bought three strawberry flavors from different companies from Cync to see which one I liked best, so maybe when I put in a fresh pod I should vape it all the way though).

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Picked up a stealth Cync a couple of days ago and am really... I mean really surprised at how much I like this tiny device. I got it primarily to have a vape to keep in my pocket to use while riding my harley figuring it would be easy to take a quick vape while cruising. But the Cync is so good I have been using almost exclusively for the past couple of days. I really didn't expect that.

I normally vape 6mg in my bigger devices with tanks and got 18mg pods for the Cync, and it's just about right I think. I don't vape as much on the Cync as my bigger devices, but feel just as nic fulfilled so overall I'm puffing much less per day as a result. Not really important I guess, but interesting none the less. But it does show this little thing scratches the itch for nic. The pods last a long time for me too. I thought I'd suck down a pod in a couple hours, but in 3 days I haven't emptied one yet. I generally go through 8ml/day in my bigger tank devices just for comparison. I purchased 3 flavors from 5 Pawns that the vape store had in stock and briefly tried all 3, but have been vaping exclusively on one to empty it so I can try refilling with my own juice. 3 days and still going. I guess there's something to higher nic and vaping less.

Here's the things I like:
>Small, small, small FTW!!! (Like stealth's little brother small)
>Doesn't leak ever
>Easy to change PODS
>MTL or DL
>Plenty of vapor for me. Not "Clouds Bro", but satisfying enough
>Cheap as beans (Pods aren't that cheap, but last so long for me cost is quite reasonable overall)
>Lots of flavors available
>Can refill with my own juice if I want (haven't tried yet and wonder how long it will take to get a clean flavor having to vape the old juice residue out)
>Good battery life (and cheap enough at 22.00 to have a couple if additional battery is need during the day)

Things I don't like:
>No empty pods available for sale that I can find (which would make this the perfect device)
>Occasional gurgle (that can be cleared with one DL hit. Doesn't happen often but it does leave just a bit of juice spitback on the tongue, which is nasty)
>No pod juice vendors have flavor sample packs (I would absolutely buy a sample pack from each vendor to find a perfect ADV. Since you can't sample flavors at the shops it would be great to have this. They could offer something like a discount on a 4 or 6 pack, you pick the juices you think you'd like or something)
>Better battery life indicator would be nice, like press a button to see charge level. Minor, but yeah
>More of a wish than a don't like... would like to see a small cap that covers the top and mouthpiece to keep the lint bunnies from my pocket out of the mouthpiece. Ideally it would square the top off and look like the bottom. Optional, but I'd like it

That's about it I guess, but the Cync for me is a keeper. I give it a while longer of real world use, but I'll probably need a backup and perhaps a backup for the backup. Not giving up any of my bigger devices yet, but this is as good as I've seen for an ultra small stealth device I can take anywhere and get my fix.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Picked up a stealth Cync a couple of days ago and am really... I mean really surprised at how much I like this tiny device. I got it primarily to have a vape to keep in my pocket to use while riding my harley figuring it would be easy to take a quick vape while cruising. But the Cync is so good I have been using almost exclusively for the past couple of days. I really didn't expect that.

I normally vape 6mg in my bigger devices with tanks and got 18mg pods for the Cync, and it's just about right I think. I don't vape as much on the Cync as my bigger devices, but feel just as nic fulfilled so overall I'm puffing much less per day as a result. Not really important I guess, but interesting none the less. But it does show this little thing scratches the itch for nic. The pods last a long time for me too. I thought I'd suck down a pod in a couple hours, but in 3 days I haven't emptied one yet. I generally go through 8ml/day in my bigger tank devices just for comparison. I purchased 3 flavors from 5 Pawns that the vape store had in stock and briefly tried all 3, but have been vaping exclusively on one to empty it so I can try refilling with my own juice. 3 days and still going. I guess there's something to higher nic and vaping less.

Here's the things I like:
>Small, small, small FTW!!! (Like stealth's little brother small)
>Doesn't leak ever
>Easy to change PODS
>MTL or DL
>Plenty of vapor for me. Not "Clouds Bro", but satisfying enough
>Cheap as beans (Pods aren't that cheap, but last so long for me cost is quite reasonable overall)
>Lots of flavors available
>Can refill with my own juice if I want (haven't tried yet and wonder how long it will take to get a clean flavor having to vape the old juice residue out)
>Good battery life (and cheap enough at 22.00 to have a couple if additional battery is need during the day)

Things I don't like:
>No empty pods available for sale that I can find (which would make this the perfect device)
>Occasional gurgle (that can be cleared with one DL hit. Doesn't happen often but it does leave just a bit of juice spitback on the tongue, which is nasty)
>No pod juice vendors have flavor sample packs (I would absolutely buy a sample pack from each vendor to find a perfect ADV. Since you can't sample flavors at the shops it would be great to have this. They could offer something like a discount on a 4 or 6 pack, you pick the juices you think you'd like or something)
>Better battery life indicator would be nice, like press a button to see charge level. Minor, but yeah
>More of a wish than a don't like... would like to see a small cap that covers the top and mouthpiece to keep the lint bunnies from my pocket out of the mouthpiece. Ideally it would square the top off and look like the bottom. Optional, but I'd like it

That's about it I guess, but the Cync for me is a keeper. I give it a while longer of real world use, but I'll probably need a backup and perhaps a backup for the backup. Not giving up any of my bigger devices yet, but this is as good as I've seen for an ultra small stealth device I can take anywhere and get my fix.
Glad it's working well for you. What size pods are you using, and are you vaping MTL? I had unreliable operation with the smaller size pods.

Reactions: Jazzman

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Another lurker joining in and although this is NOT for me I am gathering info to pass along to my sweetie but I just need to get her a Regulated Tube MOD and be done with it already! Thanks to all for all the information provided~!
Get her a 19mm diameter tube mod with VV or W and a Triton mini with Nautilus coils and I bet she'll like it

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Glad it's working well for you. What size pods are you using, and are you vaping MTL? I had unreliable operation with the smaller size pods.

I've only tried the 2.5ml pods so no experience with the smaller pods. Makes me wonder if there are some differences between the large and small pods since I've seen a number sources say the small pods don't produce as much vapor as the larger ones. Maybe they don't have as much airflow or different coil design or something. Not sure.

This is the first device in years that I've vaped MTL. I DL sometimes on this, but mostly MTL. Seemed really strange at first, but after a while it just seemed like my preferred way to use this device. None of my bigger devices are even capable of MTL, so it's been a while since I've vaped this way. Just kickin' it old skool I guess. But it does it's job this way and I'm way past the big cloud stage of vaping on any device. So yeah... MTL is the new black it seems.

I watched a bunch of youtube vids before buying and it makes me laugh to see most of the "reviewers" taking 10 second DL hits to show how much vapor they could produce. Really?? Like anyone would really vape that way with a pod system?? What a bunch of posers (or is it a bunch of tools). Makes me laugh. I keep waiting for their heads to implode from the extreme suction.

3daysNcounting

Apr 25, 2017
Hey all, I'm trying to find info on an issue I'm having with my stealth. I pulled the pod out to change flavors, snapped in the new pod, and nothing. I tried putting the original pod back in, nothing. I noticed that while inhaling, the battery light is flashing Green. I plugged it in to possibly charge, and it's fully charged. I've tried different pods and none of them draw now.

Does anyone know what the flashing indicator means while inhaling? Did I somehow fry this little guy?
Thanks!

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hey all, I'm trying to find info on an issue I'm having with my stealth. I pulled the pod out to change flavors, snapped in the new pod, and nothing. I tried putting the original pod back in, nothing. I noticed that while inhaling, the battery light is flashing Green. I plugged it in to possibly charge, and it's fully charged. I've tried different pods and none of them draw now.

Does anyone know what the flashing indicator means while inhaling? Did I somehow fry this little guy?
Thanks!
Try pushing the pod all the way down as you drag. The stealth batteries don't hold the pod in contact with the connections very well. It's a known issue with the stealth batteries.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hey guys :)

So Im deff a MVL user but wanted to try the CYNC cuz of the Njoy flavors. I should have known the 1.5 pods still have issue. Has anyone found a fix? Its not too bad if you do a long and slow pull but something is way off...

Thank you

Still? Man, I was 100% in love with these in the beginning. Pod consistency went downhill fast. Then they never replaced the 24 mg/mL though it still shows on the site. Eh well. Damn shame tho. I had one of my most memorable times vaping with these things. When they were (are) good, they're great. When they're bad, they're really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread