D.I.Y Squonk refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Just a short d.i.y on making your own squonk refill bottle, I was going to order the 30ml one for £25 but thought I would try this first and it does the same job for under £2.

You will need an ego usb charger, a refillable bottle for your e-liquid and some epoxy glue.

rf2.jpg open ego charger case as you will require the male 510 connector

rf3.jpg rf4.jpg you can cut the black negative wire at the solder point on the connector as for the red wire cut this about 10mm above the solder point because the pin in the middle will need to be pushed from the back to remove it. When removing the pin gently ease it out by pushing it with a small nail or screw driver be careful not to damage the silicone grommet inside the housing.

You will be left with the male 510 housing and the rubber grommet, I found the tip of the refill bottle fits into the grommet without any modification. You will need a small amount of epoxy to glue the 510 housing to the cap of the refill bottle.
rf7.jpg rf8.jpg

I also made another one using the cap from the Fat Daddy essential squonk kit, the 510 housing is secured onto this the same way and it is a perfect fit with no modifications needed.
rf9.jpg rf10.jpg rf11.jpg

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Yeah, you could do it that way.
I find it easier and cleaner to not remove my atty just to fill my bottle.

Where do you put the BF atty to leak out while you fiddle with getting the air out of the empty bottle and a few ml into it?

Cheers
I
I have filled bottles on three different mods using this method and have not had my atty leak once. I make sure not to oversquonk and make sure the atty is not full of juice before removing to fill the bottle.
Also I myself find it easier to just take the bottle out of my mod to fill it with juice as I am used to this method however I think this method of filling will be useful for people with mods where removing the bottle is not straightforward like you have to remove the battery to get the bottle out or you have to remove a cap like the battery caps to get to the bottle.

Reactions: Izan

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
I could not find a thread to add the following info to and didn't want to start a new thread so I will just post it here:
As you all know the modmaker squonk bottles are becoming popular and are priced sensibly, anyway I ordered a few of the squonker bottle kits (MM Squonker Bottle Kit) and also a few spare bottles
(MM Squonker Bottle (Bottle Only)) I tried to find caps to fit the spares from other bottles I had stocked up on and found the caps from the 15ml soy bottles (Empty Rectangular Bottle Shape Sachets (15ml) x 100pcs) fit nicely you will need the silicone washers (Silicone Washer Seals (Pack Of 10)) like you get with the bottle kit to make the seal airtight, just add silicone tube (Silicone Tubing 4mm OD x 2mm ID) and you have a nice bottle for under a quid. And you can even carry the bottles filled with juice as backup.
(in the pic there is the small 6ml soy bottle which are commonly used for squonking, unfortunately the caps are slightly smaller so will not fit)

B1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread