• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

This is the only 10 Commandment that states a Promise from Almighty God's, Blessed Be His Name, finger.....meaning written by His Own hand.:wub:

Reactions: VapinBill

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 6:35 (KJV)
And Jesus said unto them, "I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

Genesis 1:1; 2:2
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Genesis 1:1; 2:2
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

I realize that Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name could have done all of creation in a day...in moments, really. I am interested in opinions of why He worked for 6 days then rested on the 7th. My thought is He was creating an example for His creations. I realize He doesn't get tired nor does He sleep, and that woman had not been made as yet. Just curious. MM, you are more of an 'understander' of Old Testament, than me....what do you think?

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I realize that Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name could have done all of creation in a day...in moments, really. I am interested in opinions of why He worked for 6 days then rested on the 7th. My thought is He was creating an example for His creations. I realize He doesn't get tired nor does He sleep, and that woman had not been made as yet. Just curious. MM, you are more of an 'understander' of Old Testament, than me....what do you think?

Old Testament or New Testament it's the same. - IMO: It's a time God wants us to set aside to fellow-ship with Him. He said no work, all our attention He wants on the 7th day . I understand this in the New Covenant to be Jesus. I am dead from my works, I rest in the works of Jesus. I fellow-ship with Jesus.

We get the benefit of drawing closer to Him. It's like when the gauge in the car reads low we know its time to gas up or we will not be going anywhere at all.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Old Testament or New Testament it's the same. - IMO: It's a time God wants us to set aside to fellow-ship with Him. He said no work, all our attention He wants on the 7th day . I understand this in the New Covenant to be Jesus. I am dead from my works, I rest in the works of Jesus. I fellow-ship with Jesus.

We get the benefit of drawing closer to Him. It's like when the gauge in the car reads low we know its time to gas up or we will not be going anywhere at all.

I see what you are saying, however, Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name, truly wishes our fellowship with Him to be 24/7....not just on one day out of seven. Now I realize that He is only asking for 1 out of 7, but for me, it definitely wouldn't be enough. I, personally, can't go that long. I've got praises, worship, and problems that just won't wait! So, you're saying that He will settle for 1 out of 7 days? I'm not really sure about that. Almighty God doesn't just 'settle.' Like in the church of Laodecia....you are either this or that. Does that make sense?:unsure:

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I see what you are saying, however, Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name, truly wishes our fellowship with Him to be 24/7....not just on one day out of seven. Now I realize that He is only asking for 1 out of 7, but for me, it definitely wouldn't be enough. I, personally, can't go that long. I've got praises, worship, and problems that just won't wait! So, you're saying that He will settle for 1 out of 7 days? I'm not really sure about that. Almighty God doesn't just 'settle.' Like in the church of Laodecia....you are either this or that. Does that make sense?:unsure:
    NO I said this "New Covenant to be Jesus. I am dead from my works, I rest in the works of Jesus. I fellow-ship with Jesus."

In the old Testament they rested from they works and fellowship on the 7th day, I now rest from my works through the Sacrifice on the cross and the Atonement blood of Jesus that allowed me to stand in front of GOD and ask for forgiven and I now I fellowship 24/7's. God sees me as righteous 24/7's. - Thank you Jesus. - I am surround by God's presence 24/7's even when I think am not - I am. :):):):):)

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 1:21 (KJV)
    And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Luke 18:16–17
    But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 5:3 (KJV)
    "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

John 5:24
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Mark 1:15 (KJV)
    And saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

Isaiah 25:8

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Luke 23:42–43
    And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This verse proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that deathbed conversions not only are REAL, but taken very SERIOUS by Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name. I found the parable:

Matthew 20 New King James Version
    The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
    20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 and said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle,and said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day?’ 7 They said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right you will receive.’

8 “So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and give them their wages, beginning with the last to the first.’ 9 And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. 10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. 11 And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius?14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’ 16 So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.”:wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread