• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 118

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
2 Timothy 3:1 (KJV)
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Ephesians 6:16–18
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
2 Corinthians 4:18 (KJV)
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Numbers 6:24–26
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Proverbs 15:17 (KJV)
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Matthew 6:9–11
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 6:24 (KJV)
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:12–13
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Numbers 6:24–26
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

When I was growing up and at church service, the pastor would always end the service with this Scripture with the choir in the background sounding angelic. Looking at it now, it's one of the most beautiful blessings and it really didn't compute until I just now read this. This is a blessing that daddy's and mom's should give their children on a regular basis, husbands to wives, children to parents, and the list goes on. Would it help a marriage too? You bet! 'The LORD make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee.' WOW. Reread this if necessary...memorize it....use it. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
It was pointed out to me that this is an Old Testament blessing which means it falls under the law. I felt, in my ignorance, that a blessing is a blessing whether it be Old Testament or New Testament. Well, that's not actually true. I did a study of the whole Chapter 6 and saw something I didn't know.

I have never heard of the 'Nazirite Vow.' All I saw, really, was the first 4 letters. Once I got past that, I read until the end. Then I did a search on this vow. What it is about is a vow to God because of some sickness or wanting to have children. They shave their heads at the temple and give up all wine, wine vinegar, raisins...anything to do with a grape, for 30 days. Once this vow is finished, they go back to the temple and have their head shaved again. Now there were some that gave it up altogether, waiting for the Messiah.

The Living Bible
Numbers 6:22-25
22-23 Now the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons that they are to give this special blessing to the people of Israel: 24-26 ‘May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord’s face radiate with joy because of you; may he be gracious to you, show you his favor, and give you his peace.’ 27 This is how Aaron and his sons shall call down my blessings upon the people of Israel; and I myself will personally bless them.”

Now, since this is a special blessing for certain people, I concede that this other party I was talking with, was right to a point. It's not just an Old Testament blessing, it's for people coming off a Nazirite Vow. Even though it's a great blessing, it has a specific time and place to be used and only to be used by Aaron, his sons and other Levite priests. Who Knew!!!??

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Revelation 12:10 (KJV)
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

1 Chronicles 16:8–11
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    John 2:19 (KJV)
    Jesus answered and said unto them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.".

This verse got me thinking Bill on Jesus being the Temple and the believers being the Temple of God as it is written in the Bible. There is nothing anyone can say or do that will or can separate us from God. Once His always His. What a loving God we serve that He not only thought of everything, that He is fully capable of perform it... They couldn't stop Jesus and they can not stop the believer[church].

1 Corinthians 3 Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 3 - Amplified Bible
    14 If any person’s work which he has built [on this foundation, that is, any outcome of his effort] remains [and survives this test], he will receive a reward.

15 But if any person’s work is burned up [by the test], he will suffer the loss [of his reward]; yet he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has barely escaped] through fire.

16 Do you not know and understand that you [the church] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells [permanently] in you [collectively and individually]?

17 If anyone destroys the temple of God [corrupting it with false doctrine], God will destroy the destroyer; for the temple of God is holy (sacred), and that is what you are.

In these four verse I see a whole lot going on from being Gods Temple to what happens to those who teach false doctrine, test, fire, reward, saved, Power of God and what we ARE!

I do love so much how the body of Christ his true church encourages me to search out the rhema word. Its amazing how much I can see with a little help from the church.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    15 But if any person’s work is burned up [by the test], he will suffer the loss [of his reward]; yet he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has barely escaped] through fire.

Great post, MM! What I see is death bed conversions. They won't have had time to reap a reward. BUT, here it says, 'he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.' The quote of the phrase 'by the skin of his teeth' comes to mind. It has nothing to do with salvation....just their rewards. Now I don't do what I do for rewards. I'm not worthy of myself, but, I am looked upon through the Blood of Jesus which makes me righteous. Powerful! :)

Reactions: mightymen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread