• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.
– Acts 18:9-10

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 1:3 (KJV)
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers.
– Deuteronomy 6:18

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 16:18 (KJV)
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
– Psalm 127:1

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Matthew 16:18 (KJV)
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
– Psalm 127:1

I know that Matthew 16:18 is the foundation for a religion that I do not agree with. That's why this verse has just confused me until now when I just kept looking at it and looking at it. I want other opinions on this epiphany. Peter was Jewish, Paul was Jewish, but Peter spoke to the Jews while Paul went and spoke to gentiles. I guess my question is: Was Peter the first person in charge of 'Jews for Jesus?' (That is a true organization. Look it up!) And since that is true, what does that do to the belief system of that other religion?

The name Peter means 'rock.' So, the 'rock I will build my church' is for the Messianic Jews.....the best of both worlds! Okay, am I late to the dinner table, meaning, am I the only one who never understood the full meaning of this verse????? Probably. :blush:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I know that Matthew 16:18 is the foundation for a religion that I do not agree with. That's why this verse has just confused me

what does that do to the belief system of that other religion?

The name Peter means 'rock.' So, the 'rock I will build my church' is for the Messianic Jews.....the best of both worlds! Okay, am I late to the dinner table, meaning, am I the only one who never understood the full meaning of this verse????? Probably. :blush:

IMO: Since Jesus said to Peter "That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Revelations 22: 18,19 read it, it's very clear. REVELATION CHAPTER 22

We only have to look at the life of Peter and what he learned and practiced.

He was a Jew, who believed Jesus to be the Christ, He wasn't under the law but under Grace, He didn't add any new feast days or holidays, Peter told a man "what I have I give you and the man was healed. Now what else could be the meaning of Peter being the Rock then who he was. Jesus said "upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." The Church is the body of Christ made up of Jews and Gentiles.

Did Peter have a religion or faith?

Last edited:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Galatians 2:21 (KJV)
    I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
    – Matthew 6:14-15

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 25:31 (KJV)
    "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
    – Isaiah 41:13-14

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    IMO: Since Jesus said to Peter "That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Revelations 22: 18,19 read it, it's very clear. REVELATION CHAPTER 22

We only have to look at the life of Peter and what he learned and practiced.

He was a Jew, who believed Jesus to be the Christ, He wasn't under the law but under Grace, He didn't add any new feas,t days or holidays, Peter told a man "what I have I give you and the man was healed. Now what else could be the meaning of Peter being the Rock then who he was. Jesus said "upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." The Church is the body of Christ made up of Jews and Gentiles.

Did Peter have a religion or faith?

Peter had faith. Peter didn't know Christianity vs anything else, but he did know the real Man and what He stood for, and he believed Him.:wub: God the Father revealed Jesus' identity to Peter.The name Christian came later. Plus, he knew what his mission was, just as Paul knew....well after the road to Damascus. :ohmy: Many Jewish people have accepted Jesus as their Saviour over the centuries and I say PRAISE THE LORD. From Jesus' mouth, tells Peter that he is the rock upon which the 'church would be built.' Now remember that Peter was the rock, but Jesus is the cornerstone.:)

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Romans 10:17 (KJV)
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
    – Psalm 46:1-3

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Romans 10:17 (KJV)
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
    – Psalm 46:1-3

Psalm 46:1-3 sounds like it's prevalent for today....end times. So go back and re-read it. See???? I'm right, now, aren't I?????:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread