• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
– John 10:10-11

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Luke 4:18 (KJV)
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised."

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
– Psalm 35:27

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 16:13 (KJV)
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
– Ephesians 1:3, 5-6

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 8:47 (KJV)
"He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
– 1 John 2:10-11

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Romans 13:1 (KJV)
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
– Psalm 121:7-8

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Romans 13:1 (KJV)
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
– Psalm 121:7-8

Psalm 121:7-8 - What a promise! God will preserve us even through eternity! Those are SHOUTING WORDS!!!! Where's my bananas??!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
– Matthew 18:3-4

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
– Matthew 18:3-4

Mark 16:16 - Baptism is not required for salvation. Look at the second part of that Scripture. The important part is in the believing and accepting Jesus as your Saviour....heart knowledge....a road to Damascus. Notice that this part of Scripture doesn't mention baptism at all. Why? Because you can get baptized 100 times and it won't save you. I always knew who Jesus was from the time of a kid. Too bad I waited until I was 35 years old to accept Him into my heart. I became a child of God at that moment. Baptism is performed as the first obedient step afterward. If baptism had anything to do with salvation, what about deathbed conversion? They can't be baptized in their bed, or out in the field, or right before heading into battle. :closedeyes:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    It is of my opinion, when we believe Jesus in our heart and confess from our mouth. We have been Baptized with His blood and made in the image Christ - Christ like - Christian. We become as Christ righteous and without sin.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The old testament the law has been shed, this is the old man and the new testament Grace put on, this is the new man.

Baptism is the process of dipping a cloth in a vat and applying a color to new or old garments.

1. applying a color to a garment and made new. - I see this as the gentiles.
    2. applying a color to restore it's color. I see this as the Jew.

Proof is given to each of us with the putting on of the of the new man.
    We can see this new man by faith. He is as real as you and I AM.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    There is a second baptism by water talked about in the New Testament but that is very lengthily explanation and for another day.

If you want my thoughts on this PM me and I'll be happy to talk to you.

Just quick note on this.

The second baptism is give much attention and instructions on how it is to be performed in the New Testament and little on the importance of first Baptism which without it there can be no second baptism.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread