• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
– Jeremiah 33:2-3

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
– Philippians 4:6-7

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 7:15 (KJV)
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
– Daniel 12:3

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Exodus 20:8 (KJV)
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
– Matthew 28:18-20

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
– Philippians 4:6-7

I do know that 'peace of God, which passeth all understanding.' I felt it when Daddy was about to die, and the early evening the day before Mom died. My sister didn't feel it, but I did. She wasn't there when they both passed. She said she couldn't help it, that it upset her too much. I received such a blessing on those 2 days. I knew the Lord was with me, even though I was quite upset. I told Daddy that I wouldn't leave him. I helped put him on the funeral gurney. I checked on him when the funeral home told me I could. We didn't do a wake the night before the funeral. We did it 1 hour prior to the funeral. I just kept stroking his beautiful hair. I got my husband to take me back to the grave site after it was over and it hit me I could no longer get to him. As long as I could be around him I was fine. I came unglued. I so rarely go to the grave site. They are not there.

One thing the Lord showed me, was that death is like walking from one room into another....like walking from your den into the kitchen. It's that quick. Very interesting!:)

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.:wub:

Reactions: VapinBill

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 5:7 (KJV)
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
– Luke 18:16-17

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 Corinthians 13:4 (KJV)
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
– Genesis 1:1; 2:2

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
It's not always easy to understand King James and have it hit you upside your head. Me? I go back to an easier translation, then come back to King James.

1 Corinthians 13:4 (Living Bible)
4) Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud.

The part I'm always having trouble with is 'the very patient.' And have you ever noticed that you treat strangers kinder than you do with your own family. I guess it's because we are so very comfortable with our families and we know they are 'supposed to love us' no matter what. MM, I fall really short of the Glory of God and it breaks my heart. I don't have problems with 2/3's of this verse, but its heartbreaking to me to find myself at the beginning of this verse.:cry: Well, divorce attorneys are making a wealthy living off of our mistakes.:(

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I said "I don't have problems with 2/3's of this verse....," well I opened my mouth and all kinds of stuff happened! I found out that I can fall into all of the above traps!!!! Next time, I'll keep my big trap shut! Whew!!! I mean, it came out of nowhere and I wasn't prepared! My emotions flared and I could have burned down a barn with the flare!:mad: The first thing after I calmed down, that came to my mind was this verse.:ohmy:

For those of you who know me, I share what I learn, and admit when I fall. The moral to this story is don't say what you wouldn't do or it doesn't happen in your life, because you'll eat those words! Praise God there aren't any calories! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: mightymen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread