• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 6:1 (KJV)
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
– Mark 9:22-24

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
James 4:6 (KJV)
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
– Psalm 27:1, 3

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Luke 6:27 (KJV)
"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you."

And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
– Exodus 23:25

I don't know if anyone else has problems with Luke 6:27, but I find this Scripture near impossible to do.................on my own. I have to get God's help when forgiving an enemy. I have achieved doing this in the past, but even with God's help it was difficult..... especially when the person is a family member! What I now try to remember is that God forgave us first! We didn't deserve that. God showed me that when He laid on my heart to forgive someone. I told Him they didn't deserve it! And that's when He said, "Who of you deserve salvation?" But being the rebellious monkey that I am, I told Him I would do it because He asked me to, not because the person deserved it. Just remember, forgiveness doesn't mean you have to be best friends. You can forgive and move on with your life.

And on top of that? Do good? Oh come on! But look at Jesus and Judas. Case closed.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 15:12 (KJV)
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
– Matthew 5:14-16

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
James 1:19-20 (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
– Deuteronomy 28:2

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
James 1:19-20 (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
– Deuteronomy 28:2

How many of us live by James 1:19-20. We attempt it, but fail. Why? I think because we haven't looked at it like a recipe. The ingredients are there, we only have to utilize them. What are we attempting to do?

The Cake of Righteousness

1 cup - swift to hear
1 cup - slowness to speak
1 cup - slowness to wrath

If we are swift to hear, that means our mouths are not moving. (How many of us are capable of doing this. I'm a squirrel person. Short attention span. I'll be talking and get distracted easily......squirrel!)

Slowness to speak, meaning that we are listening, not butting into a conversation, and that includes talking with God. Have we been taught manners from our parents, siblings, other relatives? When we are butting in all the time, that shows whomever you are speaking with that you are only interested in hearing your own voice.

Slowness to wrath. Oh man! Sometimes I am and other times I'm not. I want to be slow to wrath. I sometimes fall way short. We all have trigger buttons and when someone pushes them, we act like a trigger of aggression and verbally assault!

What is the goal? To obtain the righteousness of Almighty God! Be sure your ingredients are always fresh. Believe you can do this! There is nothing you can't achieve through the Power of Jesus Christ! But know, if we don't follow the receipe, your cake will fall and it's difficult to serve a cake like that! The taste will be Yuck! You'll need to start all over again. If you need reminders, put it on index cards, or paper and tape it to your mirrors, computers, coffee pots....anything to remind us. I am going to do this....I have a swiss cheese memory!! Let's see if that works!!!:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread