• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 7:8 (KJV)
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
– Jeremiah 29:11-13

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Matthew 7:8 (KJV)
    For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    I give testimony these words above are true. I have knocked and God has opened, I do ask and receive from the Lord.
    For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
    – Jeremiah 29:11-13

The Lord has never left me. God has answered all my prayers to date.

He has never failed me.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    James 2:18 (KJV)
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    – John 16:33

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    James 2:18 (KJV)
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    – John 16:33

James 2:18 could almost be a little confusing. Sooooooo......I went to Bible Gateway. Sometimes, I'm not the brightest star in the sky, but I'm an inquiring mind and I Want To Know! So, in a nutshell, if you have faith, the desire to do works is a product of faith. If you have works, this won't lead to faith. Faith HAS to be first.....we are saved by Grace through Faith. Simple as that!:)

John 16:33 is a good reminder of faith and trust in Jesus Christ. 'I have overcome the world!' Through Him, we can do the same. It's not as easy as it sounds. Being in the world but not of the world. Sometimes the lines become blurred, and that's when we fall into traps. I know that very well. We probably all do. :(

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Proverbs 9:12 (KJV)
    If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
    – Psalm 9:8-10

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Titus 1:15 (KJV)
    Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    – Matthew 24:12-14

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Proverbs 9:12 (KJV)
    If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
    – Psalm 9:8-10

I love Proverbs....but Proverbs 9:12 just didn't gel with me. So, back to Bible Gateway. I went to The Living Bible for clarification and came back to KJV. Sorry, it still didn't make any sense to me. So, I'm going to post from the Living Bible:

Proverbs 9:12 Living Bible
    12 Wisdom is its own reward, and if you scorn her, you hurt only yourself.

Psalm 9:8-10........This is a PRAISE AND WORSHIP couple of verses! Right now, my household is being oppressed. It shall be taken care of! HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Where's my bananas.............:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Titus 1:15 (KJV)
    Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    – Matthew 24:12-14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

This verse is from where people, including myself, believe that when the last person that is going to be saved under the Grace period, the rapture will happen. Even though we want it to be today, it won't happen until the last person is saved. Now I've heard people say, "What about the people in deepest darkness of any country that hasn't heard the Gospel?" Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, knows who will and who won't ask Jesus into their heart. If they are in the darkest place on earth, He'll send someone to that person to make sure they won't be left behind! I don't know how, but He will. That's His business, not mine. I know that His words are true and HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL DO! GLORY!!!!:w00t:

Reactions: VapinBill

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    John 5:19 (KJV)
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    – Psalm 23:4-6

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    John 5:19 (KJV)
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    – Psalm 23:4-6

John 5:19 New King James Version
    19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

The NKJV deletes the 'Verily's' which is a faux paux, because that means in my lingo, "Are you listening???? This is important!!!!" Even though the NKJV is easier to understand, the "attention getter " before the verse is no where to be found. Let me put it another way, it's like "I could have had a V8!" MM and I have talked in detail about the verbiage in different translations. God, Bless His Holy Name, can communicate to the reader if he/she reads different translations, but you're sometimes missing a very vital piece in the message.:unsure:

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    John 5:19 New King James Version
    19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

The NKJV deletes the 'Verily's' which is a faux paux, because that means in my lingo, "Are you listening???? This is important!!!!" Even though the NKJV is easier to understand, the "attention getter " before the verse is no where to be found. Let me put it another way, it's like "I could have had a V8!" MM and I have talked in detail about the verbiage in different translations. God, Bless His Holy Name, can communicate to the reader if he/she reads different translations, but you're sometimes missing a very vital piece in the message.:unsure:
    I understand this to mean "It will never change, it's eternal" where Jesus seen the Father doing it and Jesus did it, we can see the Father doing it through the teachings/eye's of the Holy Spirit.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English Romans 9 Romans 9 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

25 Just as it says also in Hosea: "I shall call those who were not my people, 'My people', and you who were not beloved, 'Beloved'.

26 For it shall be in the place where they were called, 'Not my people', there they shall be called 'children of THE LIVING GOD.' "

IF WE ARE "CALLED CHILDREN OF THE LIVING GOD" ARE WE NOT SON'S AND DAUGHTER'S OF GOD.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English John 5:19 John 5 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

19 But Yeshua answered and said to them: "Timeless truth I tell you: The Son cannot do anything of his own will, but the thing that he sees The Father is doing; for those things that The Father does, these also The Son does like him.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Colossians 3:2 (KJV)
    Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    – Philippians 4:4, 6

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    1 John 3:1 (KJV)
    Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    – Psalm 23:1-3

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    1 John 3:1 (KJV)
    Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    – Psalm 23:1-3

Have you been persecuted lately? Made fun of? Sneered at? Ignored? And my favorite....have someone roll their eyes at you thinking they know better and don't want to hurt your feelings, yet they do? Was it your boss, co-worker, friend, family, or spouse? Now re-read 1 John 3:1. I really needed to read that today. Thank you, Bill!:)

Reactions: VapinBill
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread