• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Psalms 1:1 (KJV)
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
– 1 Peter 2:9

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Joel 2:13 (KJV)
And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
– 2 Kings 6:16-17

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Leviticus 19:18 (KJV)
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
– Philippians 4:19-20

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
– Philippians 4:19-20

My sister has asked me in the recent past to pray for rain. She is older than me and has a great deal on her plate. She asked me to pray for rain as her plants needed it. She loves to grow and save plants in and out of her house. However, she is no spring chicken, even though she is able to do 90% better than I do with my fibro. She is 'supposed' to be a true Christian. So, twice I have done this as she needed some help. A thunder storm w/lightening gives all of her plants an uplift. So, I did. It rained for days. Then last week, she asked me again. So I prayed once again for her. She received rain and a thunder storm.

Now I was not using Almighty God (Bess His Holy Name) as a dog and pony show. I was trying to teach her faith. If she asks me again, I'm going to tell her that she can do what I can, because of faith. I have shown her faith in Almighty God (Bless His Holy Name). She can do it! Because, I am no one special, but I know that God (Bless His Holy Name) takes care of His children, even down to the smallest need. I know this and she needs to stretch her faith, not depend on mine. Anyone can do what I do. "What father would give his son a stone if he asked for a fish?" The bottom line is that God cares about the smallest needs in our lives. He runs the universe and has the time to answer little ol' me for rain. He will do it for you too! Our God (Bless His Holy Name) cares about us.....down to rain for plants! :wub:There is a song we used to sing:

Only Trust Him, Only Trust Him, He will save you now, He will save you, He will save you, He will save you now.":wub:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Hebrews 13:20-21 (KJV)
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.
– Isaiah 65:24-25

Reactions: mightymen

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 Peter 4:10 (KJV)
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God
– 2 Timothy 1:6-8

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
As usual, I had to clarify 1 Peter 4:10. So I looked it up and I want to post 8-10.

1 Peter 4:8-10 New King James Version
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

I love: for "love will cover a multitude of sins." Ladies, that means down to picking up your husband's dirty clothes even though you have asked him to do it 100 times.....which goes into being nice to each other without grumbling.....because God has given us all a spiritual gift and it is to be used to minister to each other....by doing that, we will continue to be good stewards of the manifold .....what does that mean?......

Full Definition of MANIFOLD
a : marked by diversity or variety

b : many
: comprehending or uniting various features : multifarious

We are to take special care of the manifold Grace of God! :wub:

Boy, that was interesting!!!

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    We are to take special care of the manifold Grace of God! :wub:

Boy, that was interesting!!!

Very good post.

I believe though I might be wrong. Women were ministering to the needs of Jesus and the disciples. I imagine it was spiritual and physical needs as one women did both at the same time.

John 12:3 Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

I'm a believer that if we recognize we have a gift. It is our duty to share that gift with the body of Christ.

If it's healing - share it!
    If it's prophesying - share it!
    If it is teaching - share it!
    If it is ministering to the sick - share it!

All of Matthew 25 but especially verses 14 to 46

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV)
    Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.
    – Proverbs 10:5

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Proverbs 12:14 (KJV)
    A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompense of a man’s hands shall be rendered unto him.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    – John 8:31-32

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread