• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Mark 9:23 (KJV)
Jesus said unto him, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
– Lamentations 3:21-23

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Luke 6:38 (KJV)
"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
– Psalm 34:12-14

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Luke 6:38 (KJV)
"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
– Psalm 34:12-14

Once again, I wanted to go to a different version to fully understand Luke 6:38. I wanted to be sure as I didn't completely understand 'shall men give into your bosom.'

Luke 6:38 Living Bible
38 For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give—large or small—will be used to measure what is given back to you.”

So what this is really saying is you cannot out give God, Bless His Holy Name. It's impossible.....like looking at the sun. :)

Reactions: VapinBill

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Genesis 2:22-23 (KJV)
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
– 1 Corinthians 1:25

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Genesis 2:3 (KJV)
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee.
– Psalm 145:8-10

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    VB I hope you don't mind but I'm moved to add some more context to Genesis
    After God created sixth day it was VERY GOOD in the sight of God.
    Definition very
    ˈverē/extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, extraordinarily, tremendously, immensely, hugely, intensely, acutely, abundantly, singularly, uncommonly, decidedly, particularly, supremely, highly, remarkably, really, truly, mightily, ever so

Genesis 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 2:3 (KJV)
    And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Ecclesiastes 2:17
    Yet the Preacher/Solomon built the Temple...

79 Instances of VANITY can be found in the Bible all but three are in the Old Testament. Those three pretty much sum it up.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

VANITY IN THE BIBLE=

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Ecclesiastes 2:17

Is this your favorite verse or are you stating this verse is how you feel? Ecclesiastes is a soul searching book. 'Vanity vanity all is vanity.' Then by the end of the book he gets clarification and back on track. I haven't read this book, as I can sometimes get depressed on my own, thank you very much.:laugh: It's not one of my favorite books, BUT, Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, thinks it is an important Book as it is in the Holy Bible.:wub:

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    Kansas City, fly over country
    Curmudgeon, which Gospel is your favorite? My favorite is Matthew! What is it about those 3 Books that draws you to them? :)
    I probably should add Job to the list, I guess those books have what I consider "good advice" & that no matter the trials, He is beside me.

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    Kansas City, fly over country
    For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
    For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter:
    Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Deuteronomy 32:31-33

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread