Daily Word

Discussion in 'Christian Vapers' started by Blue Knight Max, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Blue Knight Max

Blue Knight Max Super Member ECF Veteran

Take Some New Ground
    "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."
    (Matthew 18:19)

As believers, you and I are part of a conquering army, constantly claiming new ground for the kingdom of God. Right?

Well, yes, that's the way it should be. But just about the time the army tops the hill and is ready to advance, it seems that Satan pulls out his big gun--DIVISION--and scatters believers in every direction.

How can we strike back against the strategy of division? By launching an even more powerful attack of our own. By using one of the most powerful resources given us by the Lord Jesus: the prayer of agreement.

Jesus said that if any two of us would agree as touching anything we ask, it shall be done! That statement is so powerful that people can find it hard to believe. If they did, you'd find little groups of Christians huddled up in every corner agreeing together in prayer.

Find someone to agree with in prayer this week. Be sure to base what you pray on the Word of God. You may have differing opinions about everything else, but you can be in agreement about the Word.

Also, be sure your agreement is total--spirit, soul and body. Cast down arguments, theories and imaginations that are contrary to the Word. Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Keep a watch over your thoughts and your words.

Then get your body in line by speaking the thing you've agreed on. Act like you've already received the answer. Don't keep asking but thank God for it. Stay in agreement and take some new ground for the Lord!

2. Blue Knight Max

I want to dedicate this thread to Prayer requests.

I encourage everyone to check in to see who needs prayer and add them to your prayer list.

Those that need prayer are more than welcome to add their prayer request to the thread. Don't forget to include your name so we'll know who we are praying for.

3. MonkeyMonk

MonkeyMonk Super Member ECF Veteran

I was very sick for months and my mother would constantly ask, all day long, how I felt. I finally said, "Mom if you love me, then every time you want to ask me that, say instead to Jesus, 'Thank you Jesus for healing my daughter' "

I got well in about 3 days after she started saying that to Jesus.

All praise and honor to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

4. Blue Knight Max

MonkeyMonk,

Amen !!

5. NicoNut

NicoNut Senior Member ECF Veteran

And praise and thank You, our loving heavenly Father for providing her healing!

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. *John 1:16*

JESUS is full and overflowing with EVERYTHING any of us who believe could possibly NEED or DESIRE! :)

6. QueenInNC

QueenInNC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I would love for you all to keep my best friends mom (who is like a mother to me) in your prayers. She was diagnosed with uterine cancer yesterday. She is very upset, nervous and scared. It is stage one, so hopefully it will be cured by a hysterectomy and she will not suffer any longer from this. Please add her to your prayer list. Thank you.

ETA: Her name is Debbie.

7. Blue Knight Max

I will pray for her.

Heavenly father we adore you and praise you. We confess our sins and give you thanks for all things. In the name of Jesus, I pray for our sister Debbie. In the name of Jesus I pray that by his stripes she is healed heavenly father. I rebuke the enemy in the name of Jesus and rebuke the spirit of illness. In the name of Jesus, I pray for a quick recovery father God so that she can be a witness to all of your ever enduring love.

In this I pray,

Amen.

8. QueenInNC

QueenInNC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thank you, Blue Knight. I really appreciate that and I am sure she will too.

9. Blue Knight Max

Apr 17 - No Offense
    "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him."
    (1 John 2:10)

Whenever you find yourself stumbling into failure or sin, check your love life. Sit down with the Lord and ask Him to show you if you're in strife with anyone or if you've taken offense. If you have, the devil can come in and trip you up.

As a preacher, I've seen that happen countless times. I'll be preaching about something and some believer will get upset with me about it. He'll decide I'm wrong and go off in a huff--and first thing you know, he's in trouble.

Mark 4:17 tells us the devil uses those kinds of offenses to steal the Word from our hearts. He causes us to get crosswise with each other. Then he's able to pull the plug right out of us and drain the Word like water from a bucket.

Don't ever let that happen to you. If you hear a preacher or another believer saying something that rubs you the wrong way and you catch yourself getting offended say, "Oh no you don't. You're not stealing the Word out of me, you lying devil." Then get right down on your knees and repent before God.

Search the Word and listen to the Spirit within you and find out what you should do. If you still feel what that person said to you was wrong, pray for him.

Remember, taking offense never comes from God. He says we're to be rooted and grounded in love. So reject those feelings of offense. Give yourself to that person in love and in prayer. You'll be able to walk right on through that situation without ever stumbling at all.

10. wanderlust

wanderlust Super Member ECF Veteran

Have added Debbie to my prayer list. Keep us posted on her progress and let's all be thankful that God is doing a mighty work.

11. Blue Knight Max

Apr 18 - Throw Open the Door

"Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money in.... And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites.... And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them...this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."
    (Mark 12:41-44)

Have you ever wanted to get God's attention? You can, you know. There's a certain kind of boldness, a certain kind of faith in giving that will get His attention every time. You can see that in Mark 12.

Read that chapter and just imagine the situation it describes. Jesus was sitting by the treasury watching as people put in their offerings. Don't you know there were some sanctimonious displays going on with Him there watching? There was bound to be plenty of pharisaical robe swishing as those wealthy leaders walked up to put in their gifts that day.

Right in the middle of it all, this poor widow walked up and threw in her offering. I can just see her in my mind's eye. I can hear her say to herself, "By the eternal Almighty God that liveth, I've had enough of this poverty. I'm fed up with having nothing but want. I may just be a poor widow now, but I'm not going to be a poor widow anymore. I'm going to be a broke widow if God doesn't do something here because I'm giving Him everything I've got!"

Then, wham! She threw that last little dab of money she had into the offering.

Do you know what? That got Jesus' attention. He said, "Listen, everybody. I want to talk to you about this woman," and He started to preach.

What moved Jesus wasn't just the fact that she gave. It was how she gave. She gave in faith--not in fear. She didn't stop and calculate what she didn't have and say, "Boy, if I do this, tomorrow I won't eat." She just boldly threw in all she had, expecting God to take care of her in return.

You and I need to catch hold of that same attitude. We need to start holding our offerings up to the Lord in confidence, throwing it boldly into His service, expecting His blessings in return.

If you have a need right now, get God's attention by giving with boldness like that widow woman did. Throw open the door of your household by throwing everything you have at Jesus. Let God know that He is your source. Before long, the abundance of God will come pouring in!

Scripture Study: Mark 12:28-44

12. wanderlust

wanderlust Super Member ECF Veteran

He is risen indeed! Let's pray for all our churches throughout the day and for the Godly in the pulpit delivering the gospel message to a people sorely in need. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will be present in our services and spill out into the streets and draw men to the Father. Let us pray that God will find each of us useful in His Kingdom. Let's worship!

13. Blue Knight Max

Amen I am in agreement.

14. Blue Knight Max

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

“…You anoint my head with oil"
    (Psalm 23:5, NKJ)

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, putting oil on it makes it become more fluid. That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When he does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go."

His anointing makes things easier. People will go out of their way to be good to you for no reason. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom, and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it.

Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

15. Blue Knight Max

Apr 21 - God of Your Trouble, God of Your Heart
    "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."
    (Psalm 32:7)

In this day and time, trouble seems to surround us on every side. If it's not a failing economy, it's a failing business, a failing marriage, or failing health. Yet, in the midst of seemingly overwhelming problems, God has promised to deliver us.

If you want God to be God of your trouble, then you must let Him be God in your heart. God honors those who honor Him. If you're facing problems, don't just start kicking and screaming and begging Him to save you from them. Honor Him by going to His Word and doing what He says to do.

Psalm 34 is a good place to start. It says, for example, to seek God (verse 4). As you seek Him, He will deliver you from the things that threaten you.

Secondly, it instructs you to cry out to the Lord. He will save you out of ALL your troubles (verse 6).

Next it tells you to fear the Lord. Verses 11-14 tell you exactly how to do that: Keep from speaking evil and deceit; depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Remember, if you want God to be God of your trouble, let Him be God of your heart. When you do that, all of heaven will get involved in your deliverance--and your triumph will be guaranteed.

16. Blue Knight Max

Apr 22 - He Really Does Care for You
    "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you"
    (1 Peter 5:7)

Do you know what it's like to face a problem so big it seems downright irresponsible not to worry about it? There may not be a thing you can do about it, but you feel like you need to at least be concerned. After all, somebody needs to! And no one else seems to be volunteering for the job.

I remember one time in particular I felt exactly that way. I was holding a series of meetings in Ruston, Louisiana. I had just discovered our budget was $800 short--and in those days, $800 might as well have been 9 million! The devil was attacking my mind, telling me that no one cared about me or my ministry, telling me that I was facing this problem alone.

But instead of giving in to those thoughts, I got my Bible and turned to every scripture in the Word of God that guaranteed me my needs were met. Then I rolled the care of those expenses over on God. I promised God that with the Holy Spirit as my Helper, I would not touch that problem with my thought life again.

That wasn't an easy promise to keep. I wanted to worry so badly! I went into the courtyard of the Motel where I was staying and walked around the swimming pool. Every time I thought about the problem, I would say out loud, "No, I have rolled the care of that over on the Lord. I will not think about it. The budget is met."

After a while, a man drove up in the driveway and began to honk his horn. I tried to ignore him because I don't like to be interrupted when I'm praying, but he stuck his head out of the window and shouted, "Come here!" He said it with such authority that I obeyed.

He said to me, "Brother Copeland, I'm sorry to disturb you, but I'm committed to another obligation and will be late for the meeting tonight. I was afraid I would miss the offering." Then he handed me a check. When I went back to my room and looked at that check, I found it was for $500. Coupled with the offering in the service that night, it totaled the exact amount I needed to meet that budget.

Would you like to have people chasing you down to meet your needs? Then next time you're facing a problem, give it to God. Let Him be the one who's concerned about it. He's volunteered for the job and you can trust Him to do it well. After all, He really does care for you.

17. Blue Knight Max

Apr 23 - Oppose the Devil
    "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
    (James 4:7)

If you've been crying and asking God to run the devil out of your life, STOP! The Bible says you're the one who's supposed to overcome the devil.

How? By resisting him. By rebelling against him when he tells you to do something and doing what God says instead! When Satan tells you some lie, contradict him with the Word of God. Oppose him. This verse says when you do that, he'll flee from you. He'll "run as in terror."

That means everywhere you go, as you walk in faith and oppose the devil, darkness is pushed back.

So start pushing back that darkness. You can do it! The life of God is within you. Jesus Himself is living inside you. Everywhere you go, He goes. Every problem that rises up against you, every evil spirit that tries to influence your life, is coming up against GOD when he comes up against you.

All you need to do is become conscious of that. Begin now living your life moment by moment, knowing that the light of God is in you. The Word of God is in you. The Spirit of God is in you.

Live knowing that Jesus, the Son of God, is in you. Then watch the devil run!

18. Blue Knight Max

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when God [gave us the victory]…Now, God, do it again… so those with heavy hearts will come out laughing, with armloads of blessing"
    (Psalm 126, Message)

[​IMG]
    When you have a heavy heart, when life deals you a difficult blow, God wants to turn things around in your favor. Not only does He want to bring you out, but He wants to bring you out with a smile and better off than you were before. He wants to give you the victory and fill you with armloads of blessings!

You might be thinking, “That sounds too good to be true. You don’t know my situation.” But understand, God wants to overwhelm you with His goodness. He wants you to feel like you are living in a dream. The scripture says that He delights in the prosperity of His people. In other words, it gives Him great joy to bless you. You can be certain that when you stand in faith, even when it’s difficult, God will reward you. He’ll fill you with His peace. He’ll give you supernatural strength. He’ll give you the grace you need to face those challenges. You can be sure that He’ll always lead you into victory and fill you with armloads of blessings!
    [​IMG]
    A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of victory and blessing. I choose to keep my heart and mind focused on You. Have Your way in me and lead me into the life of blessing You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19. Blue Knight Max

Apr 24 - Inside Out
    "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
    (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Have you ever thought about the fact that man is the only creature God created who has to wear clothing to cover himself? All the other creatures grow their own coverings. Some grow fur, some feathers, others scales, or leathery hide. But all are clothed from the inside out!

Most people don't realize it, but in the beginning, man was clothed that way too. He was made in the image of God. And, if you'll look in Ezekiel 8:2, you'll find that God is clothed in fire from the loins up and from the loins down. That fire is His glory emanating outward from His inner-most being.

When man was first created, he was like that too. He was covered with the very glory of God. It radiated from his inner being outward. That's why he had no sense of nakedness until after he sinned and the glory departed from him.

It was a tragic day when man lost that glorious covering. But I want you to know something today. It's not lost forever. The Word of God says we can gain it back.

You see, when you put your faith in the blood of Jesus and were born again, the glory of God once again took up residence in you. It may be well hidden right now, but believe me, it's in there.

And the Bible says that as you gaze into the Lord's face by studying the Word and fellowshiping with Him, as you renew your mind to understand who you are in Christ, you'll be changed into His image on the outside as well. As you learn to hear His voice and obey it, you'll start giving outward expression of the glory within you. Little by little, you'll be turned inside out!

Instead of simply staring into your closet every morning, spend some time gazing at Jesus and beholding His Word. Let Him clothe you in His radiant presence. Once His glory starts shining through, anything you wear will look beautiful on you.

20. Blue Knight Max

Apr 25 - It's Beginning to Rain
    "Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain the first month."
    (Joel 2:23)

There's a spiritual flood coming. God has promised it. He's promised us an outpouring of Holy Spirit power that will bring in the greatest harvest of souls any of us have ever seen.

As believers, we've been reading about it in the Word and hearing about it from the pulpit for years. We've been staring toward heaven so long, waiting for it to come, that we've gotten cricks in our spiritual necks. We've had this mental image of God pouring down His Spirit from some sort of big heavenly pitcher above us.

But you know what? We've been looking in the wrong direction!

The pitchers God is going to use to pour out His power are right here on earth. Jesus explained it this way. "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" John 7:38.

The end-time flood we've all been expecting is going to be composed of living waters that will pour forth from believers. The Holy Spirit within us will be the source of all the signs and wonders and miracles the prophets foretold. And when we begin to fervently pray the prayer of intercession, the flood of that power will begin to flow.

Zechariah 10:1 says, "Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers for rain, to every one grass in the field."

Our prayers, our intercession, is what will release the great outpouring of God's Spirit. As we begin to join together and become a flood of Spiritual power in the earth.

So, ask, pray for a Holy Ghost gullywasher. Intercede for the outpouring. Make this mighty flood of spiritual power a priority in your prayer life.

Glory to God, it's already beginning to rain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.