• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dangerous Pop Up's in an Aussie Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I am not forum bashing and have been reading Aussievapers forum for some time, however there seems to be a problem with it insofar as in the last six months or so but dangerous pop ups of adverts have been appearing and my AV blocking software has been going ballistic blocking them. It seems the forum owner or the moderators have been powerless to block them. If you do not have a good AV program or an add blocker I caution people going to that forum.
It seems the forum has been hacked and its a pity as it was a good Aussie forum and it is slowly dying.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
This is one of the reasons why I use uBlock Origin and refuse to whitelist any site. Malicious advertising is alive and well and a good ad blocker is critical in your defense arsenal.
Which is the better of the two may I ask add?

The chrome ad blocker extension or uBlock. On my laptop I use the Adblocker extension.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Just for info only, almost all members and all the moderators have now abandoned AVF in favour of a new forum due to these issues and the lack of admin support. That in itself is a damn shame, but that's life I guess.

Hello @gt_1955. Can you recommend a decent Australian forum? I would like to be involved with a local forum as well if possible.
Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread