Dark Ages of Vape DIY recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
......Do they have pretty decent power?I would imagine if they can mix paint,they should be able to handle fairly high vg too,as it's about the same thickness as most paints.

it's only 2 x AA so it is not super powerful but it will froth a 30ml bottle and seems to mix my 120 - 220ml bigger batches of 60vg well enough, though the bigger batches just go in the cabinet for 3 or 4 weeks unlike the 20 - 30ml batches that I will vape that same/next day so it's hard to say how much they really help the big batches. I get a lot of use out of each set of 2xAA rechargable energizers.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
yes, I read about and wanted a mag stir plat but couldn't stomach the cost so I figured I would start cheap and see how it worked since I am still paying off my mad rush vape stash I went a bit nuts on.

on topic (though I suppose this conversation was on topic as well): in an effort to find more recipes to use my Straw Ripe in I mixed up a variant of TBCC (tobacco, berry, caramel and cream) based on the comments for the recipe that I am really liking. I can't link the original but I imagine most of you know where it can be found or can find it with a little google fu or just work backwards with the comments to come up with the original recipe I tweaked:

TBCC variant
9.00% RY4 Double (TFA)
4.00% Bavarian Cream DX (TFA)
2.00% Strawberry (Ripe) (TFA)
1.50% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)

#4 by Nick Nick, Jun 1, 06:05
Looks great, will try for first boysenberry mix. Havent any or tried FLV VC,, would TFA be a reasonable sub here. Thanks for all the great recipes, SthrnMixer!
#5 by SthrnMixer, Jun 6, 05:10
Nick Nick, I don't think TPA VC would be a good sub here at all. Do you have TPA Vanilla Swirl? I would sooner sub that than their VC. Say 1.5% VS if you have it.

#9 by lola, Aug 10, 21:34
hello SthrnMixer,
don't have bavarian LA, so which one should I use instead :
bavarian tpa, cap or fw ?
and same % (or more ) ?
#10 by SthrnMixer, Aug 11, 02:02
Bavarian Cream TPA - 4%
i have a real one from a lab ,, free to you if you want it, it needs to be cleaned (its not toxic, just ugly) it needs a new plexiglass top plate.............that said,,, i dont think it is any better than the juice mixer i use now.. its just another gadget

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@kross8 very kind of you but I don't think I need it. I have so much juice steeping and in testers, and the little badger seems to work well, so I think I am all set with my cheap little DIY setup needs for now and don't need a way to mix better/faster at this point.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Testing tapatalk

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
Looks to be working! :D

Just an FYI for you, and anyone else that may not know of its existence; if you ever want a place practice/experiment, ECF has a thread called the sandbox that was made just for that purpose. It is a great place to develop your "chops" using all the miscellaneous editing tools on ECF or something like tapatalk. You can freely post whatever you want without it having to make the least bit of sense and know that the posts will auto-delete in a short period of time. You can also find it by clicking on the "Forums" tab. It is the second-to-the-last at the very bottom.

character

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
philippines
The badger is nice (and only $11 at amazon) since the mixing head can fit into 30ml glass bottles. I use it on all my mixes from 20ml up to 220ml and it does a fine job fpr me at my 60vg ratio. I had a 4 pack of AA Energizers that I needed a use for and they work great for this.
Is the badger same a a milk frother?

sent using Nokia 5110

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Is the badger same a a milk frother?

sent using Nokia 5110
It is a paint mixer by design. The attachment is not quite as aggressive as a frother attachment but it is smaller so it fits easily into 30ml glass dripper bottles that are so common with vape juice.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Looks to be working! :D

Just an FYI for you, and anyone else that may not know of its existence; if you ever want a place practice/experiment, ECF has a thread called the sandbox that was made just for that purpose. It is a great place to develop your "chops" using all the miscellaneous editing tools on ECF or something like tapatalk. You can freely post whatever you want without it having to make the least bit of sense and know that the posts will auto-delete in a short period of time. You can also find it by clicking on the "Forums" tab. It is the second-to-the-last at the very bottom.
thanks,, not sure i am going to keep it.. i wanted to see if i could take a pic and post it to the board...........so far i am having to sort through a lot of boards to find where i would put the pic ........learning curve.. cruel joke at this point in life lol :)

character

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
philippines
e43d9f13a6266cd46e8cc877ed93b05d.jpg

Would you think if i bend a milk frother to have this type of design it will be better ?

sent using Nokia 5110

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
thanks,, not sure i am going to keep it.. i wanted to see if i could take a pic and post it to the board...........so far i am having to sort through a lot of boards to find where i would put the pic ........learning curve.. cruel joke at this point in life lol :)
upload to your imgur account + copy the bb code + paste code to forum thread= pic posted

@character any old agitator is going to mix the pg/vg/flavor/nic well IMO but I am a newb and not too picky about what I vape

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If you are using a Window machine have you tried the "snipping tool" that is part of windows? It is what I use for most of my photo and screen captures. Just type "snipping" in the windows search box and it should be the first one listed. Simple enough even for those of us with senior challenges. :D

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
upload to your imgur account + copy the bb code + paste code to forum thread= pic posted

@character any old agitator is going to mix the pg/vg/flavor/nic well IMO but I am a newb and not too picky about what I vape
lol,,i dont have an imgur account
If you are using a Window machine have you tried the "snipping tool" that is part of windows? It is what I use for most of my photo and screen captures. Just type "snipping" in the windows search box and it should be the first one listed. Simple enough even for those of us with senior challenges. :D

i was looking to go from phone straight to forum... may be able to do that without tapatalk now that i think about it. right now my phone is beeping everytime someone posts.. i muted 1,, i guess it doesnt mute all....

i dont do much internet on my phone,, its more a leisure activity on my laptop

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It is a paint mixer by design. The attachment is not quite as aggressive as a frother attachment but it is smaller so it fits easily into 30ml glass dripper bottles that are so common with vape juice.
Yep. Bubbles are bad from a painting standpoint; especially with oil-based paints (bubbles = poor finish). So it makes sense that the Badger mixer is more about stirring instead of frothing. Sounds ideal if you are concerned about excessive oxidation or loosing too many of the good volatiles. :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
right now my phone is beeping everytime someone posts.. i muted 1,, i guess it doesnt mute all....
If you go to your account page and select "preferences" you should be able to turn off any unwanted email notifications but you will still be notified via your ECF alerts.
It should look something like this:
upload_2016-10-9_19-36-13.png

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
i use an electric juice mixer thing,, the goal for me is to break the molecules down so much they marry each other. mine turns into white foam after about a minute. (no nic in my batches.. thats added later if i want it)
Cuisinart Smart Stick CSB-75BC 200 Watt 2 Speed Hand Blender (Brushed Chrome)
71FnWioWbuL._SY606_.jpg
I got a little milk frother that just doesnct work well. Juice is too thick j it s not strong enough. I have this, or something similar on my Amazon list.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Everything I make gets 30 - 60 seconds with my badger paint mixer to blend everything together. It doesn't froth as much as a proper frothing attachment but it does aerate it a bit if the mixer head spends enough time near the top of the liquids.

I gave up on heat steeping as I am naturally lazy but I might have to break out the crock pot for my new 20ml bottle of Aged Bourbon Cream I made yesterday since I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream I want to compare it with before I drink the bottle. :party:
Icd love to try that Buffalo Trace, afraid Icd love it too much. Dr says not to drink with my meds, but Shiner Bock, & wine are undeniable. I get my bourbon in my vapes.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
i use an electric juice mixer thing,, the goal for me is to break the molecules down so much they marry each other. mine turns into white foam after about a minute. (no nic in my batches.. thats added later if i want it)
Cuisinart Smart Stick CSB-75BC 200 Watt 2 Speed Hand Blender (Brushed Chrome)
71FnWioWbuL._SY606_.jpg
I often wonder if you have compared this method to just allowing them to age naturally? Do they taste the same and the aging process is just speeded up? Or is something lost in the process?
:)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Icd love to try that Buffalo Trace, afraid Icd love it too much. Dr says not to drink with my meds, but Shiner Bock, & wine are undeniable. I get my bourbon in my vapes.

bourbon cream is only 30 proof, not much stronger than a beer,

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I haven't got the abc yet,but have seen a lot of people say it's really good,so it's on my list to try.My first set of real flavors that i got,bread pudding,french toast,and butterscotch pudding have all been sitting 2 weeks now.I haven't tried the butterscotch pudding yet since the other 2 weren't there yet when i tried them.Although,i didn't realize until today,that those 3 were mixed at about 90vg.I was in a rush when i mixed them,so i used a base that i have premixed for my sample stuff,and since most flavors are pg based,and i like my juice 30pg/70vg,i always make that base at 90vg which gets me close enough for samples,but since these flavors are vg based,i ended up very vg heavy,so those 3 may take even longer to steep.
The last batch of those flavors i got,i mixed the correct way,so they are all at the 30pg/70vg that i like,so they may not take as long,i may start trying them in a few more days,the last batch has only been steeping a week,but maybe i'll find a winner in there haha.
Almost forgot,the hot water bath i do is,take a bowl of water and heat it in the microwave to almost boiling,then let the bottles soak until the water is room temp.I only did it once on that first batch,but the 2nd batch got 3 hot soaks,because i don't want to wait a month to try them haha.
I have a smallish crockpot for when I make several large bottles at oncen but for a single bottle or 3 10ml bottles i use a small jar of hot water j set it on a warmer plate for keeping cups of tea or coffee warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread