Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I'm really not trying to start an argument here or convince any one how to mix but.....

I never really understood the "no clean-up" argument.

What we are talking about is exactly this:

I will simply give 2-3 pull/squirts in PGA between each ingredient, a quick wipe of the needle with a clean corner of a paper towel, all to avoid cross contamination

We don't have to do that, ever, let alone for each and every flavor in the mix. And, just out of curiosity, do you just leave the syringes or beakers dirty after you use them to measure PG and VG or do they get washed at some point as well? You'll waist all that PG rinsing out your syringes but you wont waist .8 cents on a disposable pipette. And, I will guarantee that your syringe is still contaminated after just a quick PG purge. If you don't think so, try smelling one after using any kind of strong flavor. I'm betting (hoping) you wash them out at least once in a while.

Hopefully you now understand the "no clean-up" argument a little better

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Here is my first recipe I made without adapting it from something else I found. I just stared at my puny flavoring selection and picked a few to mix:

CBDC - CaramelButter Danish Candy

DX Caramel Original (TFA) 5%
Butterscotch (FW) 4%
DX Cinnamon Danish (TFA) 2%
Ethyl Maltol (NN) 1%

I have been dripping it a few times a week as it steeps from a 30ml bottle and liked it enough to make up another 100ml bottle of it a week or so ago. Now I just need to wash out one of my tanks and get it into the daily rotation.

I already have a cart loaded at BCF but stumbled across a thread on the other forum about a newer flavoring company that is local to me. The guys over there seem to like them so far so I decided to give them a shot and put together a pretty big order that I will be placing and then picking up locally. 25% off their VG based flavors, and free shipping on orders over $100, here - Welcome ELR Friends!

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Here is my first recipe I made without adapting it from something else I found. I just stared at my puny flavoring selection and picked a few to mix:

Butterscotch (FW) 4%
Ethyl Maltol (NN) 1%

I'm going to give this one a try, next batch! I have been craving something with butterscotch, and I have all the flavors.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I already have a cart loaded at BCF but stumbled across a thread on the other forum about a newer flavoring company that is local to me. The guys over there seem to like them so far so I decided to give them a shot and put together a pretty big order that I will be placing and then picking up locally. 25% off their VG based flavors, and free shipping on orders over $100, here - Welcome ELR Friends!

I forgot to add that you can get smaller sizes here - Real Flavors and EXC also carries Real Flavors but they rename them NorthWest VG and can be found here: http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/north-west-vg-flavors.html

After loading up a big cart and reading more about them on the other forum I think I am going to load up a smaller cart of smaller bottles at gremlin to try before I place a large local order.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Butterscotch (FW) 4%
Ethyl Maltol (NN) 1%

I have been dripping it a few times a week as it steeps from a 30ml bottle and liked it enough to make up another 100ml bottle of it a week or so ago. Now I just need to wash out one of my tanks and get it into the daily rotation.

This sounds good !

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I need to mix up more Lemon Vanilla cake and I am going to try liquid stevia for sweetener, will let everyone know how that works :) No EM this time.
I have a simple lemon cake recipe:

Lemon 3%
Sweetener 1%
Vanilla cupcake 7%

The first time I made this one I didn't have any sweetener so I subbed it with Marshmallow-was pretty good. Then I made it with the sweetener and -meh, I think I like it with marshmallow better. Just an idea in case the stevia doesn't do it for you.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Lemon 3%
Sweetener 1%
Vanilla cupcake 7%

The first time I made this one I didn't have any sweetener so I subbed it with Marshmallow-was pretty good. Then I made it with the sweetener and -meh, I think I like it with marshmallow better. Just an idea in case the stevia doesn't do it for you.
I like simple, I will give it a try, wonder how toasted marshmallow would work???

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

Lemon 3%
Sweetener 1%
Vanilla cupcake 7%

meringue is a good sweetner,, its not creamy rich like you would expect....tasty looking recipe!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

Butterscotch (FW) 4%
Ethyl Maltol (NN) 1%

i have never tried butterscotch..........i love butterscotch candies and ice cream topper...gonna have to get more flavors :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
One of my favorites, not based on anything :)

Honey Dragon Tea
all flavors are TFA

Green Tea - 6%
Black Honey Tobacco - 3%
Dragonfruit - 6%
,,you gonna make me try green tea?,, i have never gone beyond raspberry tea and reg sweet iced tea! i like 3 ingredient recipes,, and i need to try out dragonfruit :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
,,you gonna make me try green tea?,, i have never gone beyond raspberry tea and reg sweet iced tea! i like 3 ingredient recipes,, and i need to try out dragonfruit :)
Hmmm I have dragon fruit, honey and green tea, I don't like tobacco so may try that mix :)

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
As for teas does anyone have a Lady Grey Tea recipe? I have some I drink and it is a lite version of earl grey with added lemon. I like honey in my tea too :)

It's black tea with bergamot orange added. Flavor Art has a bergamot flavoring. Earl Grey and Constant Comment are my two favorite teas, but I've never tried them in vape form!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It's black tea with bergamot orange added. Flavor Art has a bergamot flavoring. Earl Grey and Constant Comment are my two favorite teas, but I've never tried them in vape form!
Oh if you like constant comment, Highdesertvapes has it in juice and it is good.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
My Citrus Delight by Mattiem

10% Juicy Orange (Capella)
5% orange cream TFA
4% lemon (TFA)
4% mandarin orange (TFA)
2% Tangerine (Capella)
Lemon juice - 1 drop per 3ml (yep, just the little yellow plastic lemon)
optional- a drop or 2 of sweetener to taste
This is a mix and vape recipe so no steeping is necessary.

I worked on this one for a while and it just wouldn't pop. Decided to add the lemon and there it was :thumbs:

Oh thank you so much for this recipe. I have been playing around(a few months ago) with all the flavors you have in your recipe but didn't know how to make it pop. I tried upping my flavors(one at a time) and that didn't do it, so I had put it on the shelf for a later time.
I am also considering putting some koolada in mine to give it a really cool vape.
You have just made my day.......

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread