Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
Just a FYI. Word on the street is shapeways print quality has been not great lately. Maybe u cam make sculpteo an option for printing as well. Their prints have been fantastic as of late.

I've noticed this also. I've sent them MANY emails about their quality, or lack there of, and they seem to just double talk and ask "what model was bad".... missing or ignoring the point that its every model and multiple shops.

I haven't ordered this for Sculpteo, yet.... still trying to get the print cost down as much as possible. I've kind of been using Shapeways because they were cheaper to work out a few initial bugs. Now that they're out I'm going to order from Sculpteo in the next few days, but to be honest, I don't foresee a problem..... I've learned that if Shapeways can, Sculpteo will do it better and faster :)

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
14uwjb.jpg
144bv2v.jpg
xpyk1y.jpg
Finally had some time to work on it :) Changed the top and modified the "tunnel" for the wires going to the 510 a bit. The mods a bit longer than before to give a bit more room for wires. Also added a place for a MOSFET and fuse to be glued inside.... could be 1 model with this and 1 without.

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
Sorry I've been quiet for a while.... kinda got involved in a bunch of stuff. I've been thinking about adding a Fatdaddys 22mm V3 bottom feeder, so I got one in and was wondering.... where do you solder the + wire too? As I see it, I can solder to the brass "nub" sticking out the bottom, or to the S.S. needle. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both.... so I figured I ask for other opinions :)

opensec

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Indiana
Sorry I've been quiet for a while.... kinda got involved in a bunch of stuff. I've been thinking about adding a Fatdaddys 22mm V3 bottom feeder, so I got one in and was wondering.... where do you solder the + wire too? As I see it, I can solder to the brass "nub" sticking out the bottom, or to the S.S. needle. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both.... so I figured I ask for other opinions :)
is the SS needle coming from the additional kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread