Day 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh my. I'm so glad I spent a lot of time here, reading and learning.

Day 1 was a bit catastrophic, (well, nothing DIED). I rose, woke and pretty much chain vaped until 2 p.m. on my gigantic aspire device. Wow, you can really go through some liquid on those sub-OHM tanks. That's not really my deal, since a reason I'm trying to quit is to save my lungs, throat, etc. It's really freaking hard to deal with needing to puff on that thing non. stop, it's gross too (just my opinion).

I also really wanted a quiet Sunday, but such was not to be. Everyone I care about outside my home wanted a piece of me, it seemed like. I'd been reading up on the JUUL and when one of several ppl wanted a piece of me, and I had to leave the house, I was like, "F this, I'm going to buy one an maybe it will help out more." I'm in AZ, and I guess Circle K is the supplier? Well, I could find NO starter packs anywhere, I guess they're having manufacturing issues? I was ok with this (sort of, no, by 2 I REALLY freaking wanted a cigarette), but at least I didn't spend $50 dollars, though I was hoping to only use it as a transitional thing.... A few Circle K's later I was like, OH WELL and bought a pack of cigarettes. I felt good about my progress until 2:30, but then I completely smoked a cigarette and it was great/awful. I'd ordered some other stuff based on reading (that whole leaf tobacco e-juice was sounding perfect for me to use occasionally, as for me, the nicotine itself is struggle enough (in the past) and in reading about it, I could see how it would REALLY help me not smoke.) That relaxation thing-- regardless of how much I vape, I hit a point in my day where I'm like ARGHH! This was true when I quit years ago, but now I guess now I am older, and more of a loser, LOL.

I also ordered some of that Juul nicotine base to mix (I mean, the stuff with the acid in it, not Juul's liquid, specificially), in case it also helped, and I was still waiting for my non sub-ohm tank, I was pretty desperate by that point. Yes, I vastly prefer the ACT of vaping, but that cigarette was... something. So this morning my Nautilus 2 came and I'm vaping 12 m.g. on that at 14 watts (pure VG, I was told by a national vape chain here that might burn through coils faster, but it's better than the allergy issues) and it is MUCH easier not to vape sort of constantly.... Thank God. It was a really nice mix between what I started out with (those drip tanks, high nicotine) and the Gigantic Lung Hit Beast. Heh. I'll still use Gigantic Lung hit beast, probably when I'm doing yoga or whatever, or in the A.M. first thing. Hell, IDK what I will use, but I'm super pleased to have two tanks that are pretty different. And, a tank I can try some of that other stuff in. I'm not a chemist, but I'm fairly sure I can figure this stuff out with enough time/energy/reading.

So far, today, so good, and I'm really hoping more of my stuff comes. I smoked about 4 cigs yesterday, but given the fact that the rest of my items hadn't arrived, I was actually okay with this, though I don't want it to CONTINUE. That said, until I can try some higher/different vapes at times that seem to have a better shot at mimicing tobacco without the tar, I'm not going to give up/smoke more, though really yesterday (I live in Tucson, it's hot, I visited many, many Circle K's, LOL) not to mention everything else, I DID count yesterday as a success, as I STILL reduced my cigarettes by like 10! Hopefully, today can be even better.... But, if I have to smoke, I do. And I imagine I'll keep on reducing....

It's odd... The a.m. cigarette? Well, I know if I'm going to smoke it, I will be smoking all day long....so I haven't. That said, once it's avoided, things don't seem to get super awful until later in the day, and distraction is a TOOL, but I was hoping more to organize my socks, not pick up my kid, help a friend with a disability application, and then deal with an AA-sponsee for a long time as well as driving around for hours. That's... stressful. We'll see how today goes, but overall I plan to call yesterday a QUALIFED success, as I did go many more hours than I have yet, I have read up and figured out what's helping/what may be needed (at least in the short term) and I was able to pick myself on up and keep going. Yay! Especially as my husband smokes cigarettes (they smell really gross, now, haha, now I know what I smell like) and they were just... readily available. Well, that's life really, it's not like I can't buy a pack ANYTIME I want, in fact I did so JUST yesterday at a Stupid Circle-K. They were expensive, man (we've been using an electronic injector machine, tubes and additive free tobacco), which is kind of how I had to approach sobriety, man, opiates and alcohol are everywhere.

Somehow, sobriety seemed easier, but I know it wasn't, overall, it was just a long time ago. Cigs? Not so much.

So, I have to thank whomever recommended that other Nautilus 2 tank (I forget, I'm sorry) and the site in general for helping realize I have at least hopefully TRANSITIONAL tools as I continue the e-cig route. Despite my smoking SOME yesterday, it was way, way less. Evenings are going to be hard, I see this now. But, overall, YAY! Let's hope today's even better.

And thanks to all of you who participate in, maintain, and run this site, it's really awesome :)
IDK if there's some place elsewhere I should be putting this, mainly I've been reading up about ALL the changes in vaping, which are like, really significant, at least it seems so to me. :) Just wanted to post about my first day, I guess I will assign it a C+. Or maybe even a C.

Thanks to all who answered so many of my questions, I do know I'm gonna be able to make this work for me in the long term if I just don't give up and keep moving forward. No COPD for the win!

Happy vaping!
Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks Izan! I appreciate the feedback. I'm such an all or nothing person, LOL. I suppose reducing that much (as well as learning a ton) is going to help me, and Yah, I'm being a bit easier on myself this time around. My first day doesn't have to be perfect, I just have to keep moving forward :) Thanks for the kind words.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Congratulations and glad your settling into some happiness.

You said something though, that you think the e juice tastes bad.

You might try playing around with some different flavors. See if you can't find a vape shop near you that lets you do taste testing prior to purchase. Our local vape shop has a juice bar, where you pay a quarter (some charge a dollar) and let you try different flavors to find one you like.

When my husband started vaping I took him so he could find some flavors he liked..

Even if you have to drive an hour to get to a vape shop that has one, it's well worth it to find flavors you enjoy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks, Opinionated. I actually am fine with most e-juice flavors except tobacco, oddly. I have never found a tobacco flavor that REMOTELY tasted like cigs. I'm vaping peppermint in my cloud tank, it's not that it's gross, it's just that inhaling THAT much of it constantly yesterday WAS gross, in the sense that I'm getting over some resp issues, and I could feel it drying out my throat, etc. It was just.... a lot of juice. I actually like vanilla flavors but I'm hearing that inhaling vanillin can be a mutagen, so I do plan, once I have myself set up, to test and buy some different flavors so that I can put myself on a rotation.... I've ordered some stuff on line and I usually find that even if I loathe the flavor initially, it becomes tolerable. Well, for the most part, but some things, based on their description? I'll never go for bacon, I don't think. That said, to each their own? I'm not so much worried about flavor, it's just that the huge clouds, when constant, make ANYTHING seem gross after several hours... But thank you for the tip, I appreciate it. Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Hello and welcome! This forum was a huge help for me WAY BACK when I quit smoking. One thing that helped me was vaping while I smoked. If I wanted a cigarette, I took my ecig out with me and took a puff off it after every drag. By the end of 1 week, no more smokes. It has been over 7 years now with no back sliding. Good luck to you! Continue to read and post here, it helps.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Anna don't kick yourself for saying your day was a C+/-. Some have a smooth transition others it takes a bit more. I vape a mint that I call Liquid Nitrogen and to counter it drying out my throat I use BLVK Unicorn Uniapple ( it's like a juicy fuji/gala apple flavor)
Hang in there, you'll be fine and you have the best support group worldwide here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

homeuser6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
brightwood,or.,usa
hang in there stols. i dual used for a while to see if this was doable. on a thursday i thought i would try a weekend with no analogs. by monday i was happy with myself for doing it and decided to reward myself with a smoke. it was disgusting . but i was afraid to give away my last two packs of marlburos for a month after that. i got over it and it's been years now. (started with tobacco flavor but i've been using mbv blackberry for a long time). if you keep reading you could become a vape expert without ever leaving this forum.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
It definitely sounds like you have not found a good go to e-liquid. Peppermint is a great flavor but after awhile can become boring. I see you have a few B&M vape shops in the Tucson area:
re: vape stores: Tucson AZ - Google Search
Could give them a phone call and ask how they allow you to taste samples etc..
Might like to look at the general taste range classifications and see what flavors look exciting.
Vape Juice and E-Liquid Flavors for E-Cigarettes - Vaping360
Hang in there. Smoke if you must, your outlook will get you into vaping.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks BrotherBob, yes, tomorrow I plan to go buy a few 30 ml bottles of liquid after tasting. I know of at least 3 vape shops around here that will let you taste for free. I have vanilla at 12 and Peppermint at 6 m.g. and I do plan to get some more flavors, I want to see what the whole leaf tastes like first, (I had to get unflavored, as the store only sold that in 100 % PG) so I'll have to mix. But I do think I need more variety, and the mint does get old, after awhile. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out to see-- heh, Tucson is the land of smoke shops and tattoo parlors, it sometiemes seems, I can think of about 15 off the top of my head, but some staff are more helpful than others (no, I don't need a dab rig, dude....) :) Anna.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread