Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Dan. Don't know what price and availability is like where you are but I left my long love/hate relationship with cigs for a Kangertech Nebox. It holds enough juice to last all day without fiddling with it and the battery is easy enough to swap out if you're chain-vaping. (which I did and still do a lot). It has no tank to change so its not very versatile in that respect but they have quite a few different coils to fit your vape style. The draw is somewhat restrictive too so that may help as well. I've found that the ceramic coils offer the best flavor to me at 30 watts(it goes up to 60) which really helps on the battery life. Good luck man and welcome to ECF

Reactions: Dan40

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I was thinking again about that eleaf Istick TC40. It looks good but I don´t like the idea of not being able to change the battery if it goes bad or not being about to choose what battery I put in it. Any thoughts? I need to do something. I NEED MORE POWER:-x
If you don't like the idea of an internal battery mod (like the iStick TC40) you could consider the eLeaf iStick Pico 75 watt. The Pico can be run in power/wattage mode or temperature control mode.

You would need to purchase a couple of 18650 batteries and a charger. The mod uses one battery but you will need two so you can still vape while your other battery is charging. Although you can vape while charging it's best to have an external charger (for safety).

A 20A CDR battery would work (good for up to 60 watts). Calculating Battery Current Draw for a Regulated Mod

Either one of these batteries would be great.
  • LG HG2 3000 mAh 20A CDR
  • Samsung 30Q 3000 mAh 20A CDR
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
I Made it through Day 11

I decided to take your advice Susan S and I picked up the IStick TC40. I picked it up today and I am trying to learn how it works now. It looks like a just what I need.

I am still using the basic aspire BVC Glasomizer (K1) with 1.8 coil. I don´t think I can use the temp control yet as I don´t have the special Nickel or Titanium cools. I forgot to get them. On the Voltage mode I think I turned it on when it was too high at first before I turned it down. Now it tastes like burned cotton and old dirty sock. I have it at set now at 11 W or about 4.7v I want to see if this is right before I change the coil (I have a pack of the regular ones). I think that is the only way I can get that taste to go away.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I Made it through Day 11

I decided to take your advice Susan S and I picked up the IStick TC40. I picked it up today and I am trying to learn how it works now. It looks like a just what I need.
Congratulations on making it through Day 11. See this review to see how your new mod work => iStick 40 watt
I am still using the basic aspire BVC Glasomizer (K1) with 1.8 coil. I don´t think I can use the temp control yet as I don´t have the special Nickel or Titanium cools.
They may not make temperature control coils (Nickel or titanium) for the Aspire BVC K1 Glasomizer.
On the Voltage mode I think I turned it on when it was too high at first before I turned it down. Now it tastes like burned cotton and old dirty sock. I have it at set now at 11 W or about 4.7v I want to see if this is right before I change the coil (I have a pack of the regular ones). I think that is the only way I can get that taste to go away.
Priming a Coil

All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops of juice right inside the coil (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head), another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. I watch the cotton absorb the e-liquid and when it can't hold any more, I put the coil in the base.
  • If Bottom Filling - Fill the tank and then screw the base back onto the tank.
  • If Top Filling (some tanks are top filled) - Screw the tank on the base and then top fill it.
Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Rule of Thumb

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode). Turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
I agree with you both. I will upgrade the tank in a week or 2 if I am still not smoking. The money I save from not smoking will allow me to do that. I have spent enough for one week with the iStick TC40W and Juice. Today is day 13 without a cig. I am still hanging in there. I like the look of the GS air.

I still don´t understand this coil thing very well. What coil could I use with the GS air that I can´t use with my present BVC Glasomizer (K1) with 1.8 coil?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread