Day 9 and no Analogs…

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Does that craving for smoking subside more over time or does it remain constant? So far everything seems to be working out well, I just hope it stays this way.

Not that I'm recommending it, but I think you would find that after 9 days an analog cigarette tastes like crap and you'll have no desire to go back.

Metroicon

Oct 14, 2013
Michigan
I’ve been around other smokers since I started this journey and I have not had the urge when around them. I never knew that analog cigs made such a terrible Oder.

I don’t have any cigarettes on hand (Tossed them out) and I stopped carrying a lighter with me. If the urge hits me I don’t want to be temped with them being close by.

The strange thing is I find that vape shopping tends to occupy me. I’ve been to 2 really good vape stores that have tons to offer. (Great Lakes Vape and Esvape) I plan to visit Ahlusion this week and I just placed and order with alien Visions for some Boba's Bounty, Very Berry Blue & Dreamberry. Also on my list is Revolver, so I got a few things to look forward too.

In my travels I plan to pick up a few Protank 2’s and sample juice from everywhere. Right now I like this 18mg Super Menthol Flavor and a 18mg Fire and Ice / Fireball Cinnamon. I have some others I like to hit every now and then, Blueberry’s & Cream, Cinnamon Roll and a Banana Split. My tastes are all over the place but I’m sure it will settle down shortly.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I am at day 7. Personally I never thought this would happen. At one time I was on the patch and taking a medication (for other reasons) that also had a side effect of smoking cessation. Even doing that I was a pack a day smoker. Now if I could just figure out how to keep my mouth from feeling like I went on a drinking beng all night I will be good. I drink tons of water all day and have for years. Just don't give up. This will be worth it in the long run.

Feisty

Aug 23, 2013
Illinois
Congratulations everyone!
So far as wanting to light up a cigarette? I did try twice in the first week I started vaping, I took 2 puffs each time and couldn't stand the taste. That was the last time I touched one and I left my full pack and a half pack in the kitchen drawer for about 2 months. I never had a desire to go for them.

For me, I am addicted to the nicotine not the act of smoking so it was easy for me to make the switch. At first, I just kept my habits the same. I never smoked in the house (hubby doesn't smoke) so I went out to the garage and did my thing. Then I started vaping in the house but I keep it with me all the time! I think mentally it is my security blanket. I tried switching down to the 18 mg from 24mg and within 24 hours I felt the difference, so back up to 24mg I went.

I still have tongue issues and I stay hydrated, my Dr says it's from drinking too much Diet Coke but I still vape and will not go back to cigarettes!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
First time poster here so I thought I should give some background information.

My name is Matt, 38 Year old from Southeastern Michigan. I have been a 25 Year Smoker with about a 2 pack a day Marlboro Menthol habit. I always wanted to quit but felt very powerless. Tried a few things, Patches, Gum, Medication, Hypnosis to name a few and they never really seemed to work.

However on Oct. 5th 2013 I had my last Analog when I picked up a Puff E-Cig. (Not the disposable type but the Tank Style)
I have since graduated from that to a Joyetech Evic with a Kanger Protank. I also now have 3 EGO 1100 Twists all with Kanger Protanks.
Still working out all the bugs, burnt taste from time to time, Optimal Voltage, Oms, Watts strength of Nicotine, PG, VG…What flavors do I really like now that I have Taste Buds again.

I’m very grateful that I was introduced to vaping, It has changed my life. Thanks to everyone that is part of this community for sharing your experiences, knowledge and most of all your testimonials that inspired me to give up the Cigarette habit.

Welcome to ECF,

Congrats on giving up the smokes. I too use an eVic and a PT 2, although my arsenal has grown significantly since Black Friday!

Go Blue!

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
Does that craving for smoking subside more over time or does it remain constant? So far everything seems to be working out well, I just hope it stays this way.

Just vape through it :) you don't have to vape the way you smoked cigarettes - vape as much as you need to if you have cravings (although if they persist, a higher nic level might help for those times).

I'm 10 days smoke-free now and I still get the urge for a roll-up but instead I puff away on my e-cig, read some threads here on ECF and within a few minutes the urge is gone.

You'll know if you've vaped too much - nicotine makes you nauseous if you're taking too much - just vape as much as you need to feel fine and you're all good - best of luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread