DCT MAP Tank inner o-ring size?

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by ez2dealwit, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ez2dealwit

ez2dealwit Full Member ECF Veteran

Does anyone know the size of the DCT MAP Tank inner o-ring? My just purchased SS DCT MAP is useless because one of the inner o-rings snapped. I tried Home Depot and Lowes but could not find the proper size. They had Danco products which had sizes close but did not fit. I tried the #6 (7/16" x 5/16" x 1/16" - too small) and #7 (1/2" x 3/8" x1/16" - too big) sizes.
    Thanks

2. Chancey

Chancey Full Member

Not sure if the inner "O" ring of the stainless steel is the same size, but I have replaced a couple of mine (black delrin) with "Do it" brand rings. On the package it says 3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D. I'm assuming 'inner' & 'outer' diameter? UPC# 009326401201

Anyway, I was lucky enough to come across these at a local mom & pop hardware store. Replacing the ring is a whole different story,, clamp-tweezers, paper clip, mini screwdriver and mucho' patience. It was much easier to find, than actually replace. LoL. Real pain in the.. ;)

EDIT: After re-reading your post,, I think your #7 size may be right. They seemed too large, at first, trying to replace in that inner groove of cap,, but will go in there with some patience. Does your #7 ring matchup to your snapped inner MAP ring, when held next to each other?

3. ez2dealwit

The #7 is thicker than the snapped one. The #7 do have the same dimesions as 009326401201. Thanks Chancey. I'll give it another shot.

4. ez2dealwit

It just won't work. The O-ring won't seat into the groove. The #7 is too thick. I'll try a different manufacturer.

5. tinstar15

tinstar15 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Curious about this myself. My top o-ring is getting chewed up by the cartos when I refill. Still works but I prefer to have spares.

6. ez2dealwit

@tinstar15......... Please post back if you find out before I do.

7. tinstar15

Will do...I plan to pull one tomorrow and hit the local ace hardware. They've been real good at having weird sizes of other o-rings. Hopefully my luck will hold out.

8. tinstar15

Update....Ace has failed me. It would appear that the sizing is just a hair off from plumbing type o-rings. The guy did mention the possibility that it's an automotive grade o-ring. Guess I'll have to hit some auto parts supply shops next.

9. Repent

Repent Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is it a metric size?

I have a SS DCT coming to me Saturday. First thing I'll do is check the o-ring sizes. I may already have them.

10. Repent

OK so I measured the o-rings on my new SS DCT MAP tank this morning. I used some of the o-rings I have for my GG toys. I found that the outer o-ring is comparable to a 11/1.5 and the inner o-ring to a 9/1.5. I did note that the DCT o-rings did appear to be a frog's hair thicker than the 1.5 o-rings I have so most likely the sizes are 11/2 and 9/2.

I was in a hurry to leave this morning other wise I would have tried to swap o-rings to see if a 1.5 would work. When I clean the tank tonight as I would typically do I'll check that out.

11. ez2dealwit

Are those metric sizes?

12. ez2dealwit

I was able to finally get the #7 in the stainless DCT but the carto pushes it out and split the o-ring.

13. ManuDawg

ManuDawg Vape Proud Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    A buddy of mine just gave me a couple of the inner o-rings today. He sent me this link to buy them.

McMaster-Carr

When refilling his SS DCT MAP Tank he reinserts the white soft cap (originally removed to insert drip tip) to keep from scraping the inner o ring.

Hope this helps.

14. Repent

Did you lube the o-ring with Vaseline before installing it?

15. Repent

Cool if that's the case I already have the o-rings I need. I can tell you that if you lube the o-rings prior to installation as well as during use you'll have far less problems with them.

I took the o-rings off my SS DCT tank when I got it so that I could clean everything up and lube the o-rings. Took only about 30 seconds to install the inner o-ring afterwards. The secret you'll find is that the lube acts as a "glue" of sorts to help keep the o-ring in place as you walk it down to the channel. I use a flat tooth pick to do this.

16. ez2dealwit

Thanks Manudawg. It also looks like Fastenal also carries that size. They have local stores around the country. I ordered a pack from McMaster but will be stopping by Fastenal when I get the chance.

@repent: I lube the o-ring, end cap, tube and carto with eliquid. I'll try filling with with white carto plug to see if that helps.

17. DapperDan

DapperDan Full Member

OK. Inner o-ring = 9mm ID and 1.5mm CS(width).

What about the outer o-ring? Searched the forums but haven't found much...

18. Repent

I believe the outer o-ring is 11/1.5. I did find that the inner was 9/1.5

19. inter_ceptor00

inter_ceptor00 Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

I tried buying replacement o-rings from ebay recently....I found 9mm x 1.5mm orings fit perfect for inner o-ring channel but 11 x 1.5mm orings are too thin to seal tube properly for outside o-ring channel. maybe 11 x 2mm might be better fit? im still checking ATM.

20. Six2arms

Six2arms Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the #41 for the outer o-rings.. It's a bit smaller but it does the job :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.