Dealing with the Cubis coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

siren.6

Aug 8, 2015
I put 5 drops in the top of the coil then dry hit it a couple times upon first use. If I happen to flood it on refill, I simply blow into it a couple times. If I am getting spitting, I too hit the fire button a few times until it stops.

I just purchased the Cubis after many failed attempts with bottom fill tanks. I use a 1.0 coil as I am a MTL hitter. I also purchased an AIO and burned through the 0.6 coils it came with rather quickly.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
What ohm coil do you use, or which one works best for you?

I only use the ss coils in wattage mode. In the full size tank I have tried 0.5, 0.6 1.0, and 1.5 (clapton). I'm a lower wattage guy (like 8 watts). I like .6 best, but the 1.0 or 1.5 give me longer battery life and less juice usage, so I use these more often. Frankly I don't find much difference in the 1.0 and 1.5 so they're interchangeable to me. I also use the rba head and build my own in the 1.5 range.

I also have the AIO, and the .6 just uses up that smaller battery and juice too quickly for me.

Reactions: Jon05250

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
I only use the ss coils in wattage mode. In the full size tank I have tried 0.5, 0.6 1.0, and 1.5 (clapton). I'm a lower wattage guy (like 8 watts). I like .6 best, but the 1.0 or 1.5 give me longer battery life and less juice usage, so I use these more often. Frankly I don't find much difference in the 1.0 and 1.5 so they're interchangeable to me. I also use the rba head and build my own in the 1.5 range.

I also have the AIO, and the .6 just uses up that smaller battery and juice too quickly for me.
I have the AIO also but mine gets really hot like only after 5 or 6 pulls on the thing. I go through juice in that small tank too but I have used the 0.5 coils in there ever since I ran out of the 0.6's so that might have something to do with it. I have not tried the 1.0 ohm coil but I've heard some good things about it.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I have been using the Cubis for 7 months now. I get anywhere between 80-120 ml through the coil before replacing. At the rate I vape that puts me at an average of 4-6 weeks per coil. Currently I am starting week 7 with coil I am using now. I also vape at a constant wattage once I've broken the coil in. No jerking the coil around: one vape at 15 watts and the next at 30 then another at 23. Nope once I ramp up to my personal sweet spot for that liquid I stay there.

Generally I have used the .5 ohm coil. Here is the prime/new coil process I personally use. And that's a big part of it. I encourage you to find what works for you.

I put at least 10 drops into the top of the .5 coil saturating the coil until it leaks from the bottom. Then I place in a full tank and leave over night. In a way I am deliberately over saturating the coil to start which I have found actually cuts back on long term spit back.

On that first vape of the first morning I do have one episode of spitting but then it is gone for 90% of the life of the coil. The other thing I have grown accustomed to doing is not allowing the tank to run low on liquid as this keeps the pressure in the tank relatively constant.

These coils are "upside down" from normal coils so it takes some time to "learn" them but once you do I have found great life on them.

Again, just the method I use. Hope you are finding the answers you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon05250

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
I have been using the Cubis for 7 months now. I get anywhere between 80-120 ml through the coil before replacing. At the rate I vape that puts me at an average of 4-6 weeks per coil. Currently I am starting week 7 with coil I am using now. I also vape at a constant wattage once I've broken the coil in. No jerking the coil around: one vape at 15 watts and the next at 30 then another at 23. Nope once I ramp up to my personal sweet spot for that liquid I stay there.

Generally I have used the .5 ohm coil. Here is the prime/new coil process I personally use. And that's a big part of it. I encourage you to find what works for you.

I put at least 10 drops into the top of the .5 coil saturating the coil until it leaks from the bottom. Then I place in a full tank and leave over night. In a way I am deliberately over saturating the coil to start which I have found actually cuts back on long term spit back.

On that first vape of the first morning I do have one episode of spitting but then it is gone for 90% of the life of the coil. The other thing I have grown accustomed to doing is not allowing the tank to run low on liquid as this keeps the pressure in the tank relatively constant.

These coils are "upside down" from normal coils so it takes some time to "learn" them but once you do I have found great life on them.

Again, just the method I use. Hope you are finding the answers you are looking for.[/QUOTE I also use the .5's but I always seem to burn em up right from the start. The way I have been priming them is dropping about 3 drops on the mesh and then I put the coil in my full tank of juice and after that I take about 10 dry pulls. Almost every time the coil burns up and is done for. Is there anything that I might be doing wrong or something that I am not doing?

Jon05250

Oct 7, 2014
King, NC, USA
Just found your quote. I would recommend more drops in the top. Letting the cotton soak in the liquid in between drops. Then I would recommend trying to let the coil soak over night. Also, what wattage are you running the .5 at?
I have the Ego AIO and it's not vv or vw so I don't know what wattage it's running at to be honest. I also just bought the Cubis tank so I was gonna give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread