Decadent ,savory, fun, voluptuous, gratifying, sensual, peaceful, delectable, ordinary, extraordinary......

Status
Not open for further replies.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
...and just plain EVIL!

Evil because we got it as a free sample (with our order) today/Friday, and there's absolutely no way it's going to last until Saturday...let alone until we can get more on Wednesday! (btw, we quick-steeped 'em on a cloth placed in the top pot of a double-boiler where the water had just been boiled in the lower pot and then turned off - keeping the lid on for 2 hours...shaking it every 15-20 minutes and turning the flame back on while we shook :)

What is it? It's homemade soft sugar cookies fresh out of the oven; it's opening a storebought angel food cake and eating half of it all at once; it's what you always expected from your first animal cracker, but never quite got; it's the first time you tasted *real* buttercream icing; it's that *one* fruit cobbler with the perfect 'melt-in-your-mouth crumbles' that you've never been able to duplicate (without the fruit); it's the best birthday cake you ever had (without the teeth-rattling icing); it's the aftertaste from munching a whole box of 'nilla waters; it's the rich creme brulee finish after a rare filet mignon with cabernet (without the carmelized sugar); it's the lilting depth of the homemade custard my mom used to make (when I'd steal a bit out of the fridge before it was completely cool); it's smooth holiday eggnog without the rum or nutmeg... and it's gourmet shortbread, and tapioca pudding, and warm moist yellow cake...and it's called Calipitter Chow (???!!!)

I truly do appreciate the story of how it got it's name - but with a cutesy name like this, it's virtually eliminated as an option by any serious adult palate that might otherwise consider trying it...imho. I suggest: RENAMING CONTEST!

What it's not? It's not vanilla-y, but it must have vanilla in it. It's not buttery; but it must have some sort of butter flavoring (ditto "cream-y"); it's also not at all coconut-y, but there might be a drop or two somewhere; it's not "cute"; it's absolutely not 'nutty', but it does have the richness of premium macadamia nuts.

And all this is coming from a fanatical health-nut that has not had an 'artifical flavor' in over 5 years (that has winced at 80% of the 35 different flavors we've tried so far, and gags at the smell of 'fake fruit'. Not only can I taste the difference between organic & non-organic produce 100% of the time, but 80% of the time I can smell the difference). Yep, I can taste/smell a wee bit of 'artificial' - but it's so mellow & gentle it'll either 'steep away' or won't matter.

Do we get a price break for quarts? gallons? :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Excellent review--you turn a phrase like Jessica Alba turns heads :thumb:

As to the name, you would evidently be surprised at how many "manly men" unabashedly admit their ardor for Butterfly Bait. Either vapers are generally secure enough in their adulthood to not be threatened by "cutesy names" or they care more about how much they enjoy a flavour than they do about the arbitrary title under which it is sold. Perhaps it's "reverse marketing" and people are finding some sort of perverse joy in vaping flavours with "fun" names. Just pronounce it "Caterpillar" if it makes you feel better--that's what the name 'really' is, just under an alternate pronunciation ;)

And as far as the flavour goes--no coconut. Not ever. You can search the fora here if you want to know why, though it's probably fairly buried by now, but no flavour of mine will ever have coconut in it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread