Decent e-cig for veteran smoker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
We're looking for a decent e-cig. We've tried the tripl3 brand we found at Sheetz and we would like them, but we keep getting bad ones. Between bad batteries, leaking, and simply falling apart... they don't hold too well.

It doesn't have to be anything super fancy... just reliable and durable enough to not break once we buy it (so not too expensive either). I can buy parts and put something together myself too if that's the way to go, it doesn't have to be a single all in one kit. We want to use e-juice and not buy cartridges all the time as we found it saves a significant amount of money.

My price range is around $50. What's the best I can do with that?

Reactions: Strange Smile

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hello Downgraded286,

Authentic Kanger EVOD 2 Complete Vaping Starter Kit code "MARCH2015" = 12% discount

That should get you started.... Authentic Kanger T2 Clearomizer You need $40 for free shipping, so get T2 and/or Evod clearomizers.

Also something good and easy to have ......Smoke Tech XL 1.7ohm Single Coil Stainless | Smok Tech Single Coil Cartomizer | Sure Vapes Only need $10 for free shipping. If you like these cartomizers, they can also be put in a tank and you wouldn't need to fill very often with e-juice.

best wishes and good luck

Reactions: Strange Smile

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Howdy Downgraded286 and welcome to the forum. With the $50 limit I immediately think of a starter kit. Get a Kanger brand or something similar that is a reputable brand.Something like this. Kanger_EVOD_Kit_Black_Displayed-600x600.jpg They usually run around $50 or less. This is the kit I started on 19 months ago. The Kit comes just like the pictures. 2 batteries, 2 tanks and a 5 pack of coils.

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
Kanger kit looks good. I found one thread here recommending a vision spinner battery with various clearomizers... was looking at a Kanger clearo already. From what I hear here they seem to be a good brand.

Are clearomizers really prone to leaking? Apparantly the tripl3 clearos we were using are rated for only like 250 puffs... that seems pitifully low. I can refill my Markten carts over and over and get way more out of them than that! Those Kanger tanks come with replacement coils... those go in the tank/clearomizer? I'd expect the clearo itself to last quite a while, replacing the coils every so often. About how long should a coil last before it needs replaced?

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I never had any leaking issues. Do not use cinnamon juice in them as that will eat the plastic drip tip. My EVOD's are still going strong after almost 2 years, tho I changed the coils every 2-3 weeks. I "loan" them out to new vaper's to try out. I have converted several friends that way, kinda a "try before you buy". Here is a pic of a clearo taken apart. You can see the 3 different parts and they are labeled.
EVOD1.jpg

Vatic

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
Ohio
I totally agree with the advice given, that is a great step up from a cig a like. If your wanting a tank to use cinnamon or banana in, then I suggest a protank or protank II mini. These both will accept the same coils as your evod tanks. these are called bottom coil clearomizers. the only difference is the protank and protank 2 mini are better made with stainless and both have pyrex glass which will not crack with certain e liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread