Deciding on new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
I've had my itasteMVP3Pro for almost two years now, love it, it's been a wonderful mod for me, was my second mod after the original MVP. BUT, recently I've noticed the charging USB is starting to come loose. I've tried many different USB charging cords but the result is always the same, unless I prop the charging cord correctly it won't charge. I've also slowly changed from higher ohn carts to lower ohm tanks over time. That along with regular recharging over time has reduced my battery life. AND, I had to buy a new tank last weekend (short story) and bought a Cleito 120 at a B&M which I love but know I'm not getting the best use of at 60W (max for MVP3). My other tanks are the Axiom 0.5ohm.

So in my journey to become less reliant on pre-made/built/internal ejuice/coils/mods (got the last of my DYI flavorings today and will start making my own juice this weekend) I'm looking at buying an eternal battery mod, like by Sunday night, because I don't trust the USB on the MVP3 to last. I've pondered this for a while and have been researching, was going to wait a couple of months around my birthday but need to move on this now.

My actual question (finally) is if there are any major red flags with any of the following mods:

Smok Alien
Smoat Battletar
Eleaf Pico Dual
Reuleaux RX2/3

I'm not looking at other models, I want 2 batteries, I can find all of them $50 or less at vendors I've ordered from before, and don't need a third type of tank to get coils for so no kits. One thing I've not figured out is if they all can/can't do a 25mm tank (Cleito 120), the Axiom's are 22mm and should be fine.

The only thing I've read is the RX2/3 has had some 510 connection issues and the Alien has paint issues. I will also say those two are my front runners mainly because I've been able to hold them, the other two I've not.

So if anyone knows of issues with any of them, I would appreciate the information.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've had my itasteMVP3Pro for almost two years now, love it, it's been a wonderful mod for me, was my second mod after the original MVP. BUT, recently I've noticed the charging USB is starting to come loose. I've tried many different USB charging cords but the result is always the same, unless I prop the charging cord correctly it won't charge. I've also slowly changed from higher ohn carts to lower ohm tanks over time. That along with regular recharging over time has reduced my battery life. AND, I had to buy a new tank last weekend (short story) and bought a Cleito 120 at a B&M which I love but know I'm not getting the best use of at 60W (max for MVP3). My other tanks are the Axiom 0.5ohm.

So in my journey to become less reliant on pre-made/built/internal ejuice/coils/mods (got the last of my DYI flavorings today and will start making my own juice this weekend) I'm looking at buying an eternal battery mod, like by Sunday night, because I don't trust the USB on the MVP3 to last. I've pondered this for a while and have been researching, was going to wait a couple of months around my birthday but need to move on this now.

My actual question (finally) is if there are any major red flags with any of the following mods:

Smok Alien
Smoat Battletar
Eleaf Pico Dual
Reuleaux RX2/3

I'm not looking at other models, I want 2 batteries, I can find all of them $50 or less at vendors I've ordered from before, and don't need a third type of tank to get coils for so no kits. One thing I've not figured out is if they all can/can't do a 25mm tank (Cleito 120), the Axiom's are 22mm and should be fine.

The only thing I've read is the RX2/3 has had some 510 connection issues and the Alien has paint issues. I will also say those two are my front runners mainly because I've been able to hold them, the other two I've not.

So if anyone knows of issues with any of them, I would appreciate the information.

Sorry, my brain totally quit working... Editing... 25 mm atties will fit fine, and overhang noticeably only on the Pico Dual. Not 100% sure about the battlestar, but if I remember correctly it'll fit 25s without any problems.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have all the MOD's you listed except my RX is a RX200S 3 cell. I would have gotten a 2/3 but figured I would only use it with 3 cells so moot point. Never had a problem with the 510 using Authentic tanks. Also as @Don29palms mentioned the HotCig R150 is a nice MOD and promoted as being water proof no less.

The R150
upload_2017-3-11_13-55-33.png

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Look at the Hotcig R150. It's a great mod. I gont mine on sale for right around $55.

Looks nice, really nice. Cheapest I found on line was $72 though, out of my budget right now. But will be on my short list for next mod purchase though, hopefully in a couple of months (need a backup/2nd mod).

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have no idea about the others on OP's list, but I notice no perceivable overhang with any of my 25mm tanks on my Alien

Sorry, total brain meltdown. They should all be fine with 25 mm atties. Considerable overhang on the Pico Dual. The Alien overhangs a tad, but it's so little that you'll really have to look and feel after the overhang to notice.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Sorry, total brain meltdown. They should all be fine with 25 mm atties. Considerable overhang on the Pico Dual. The Alien overhangs a tad, but it's so little that you'll really have to look and feel after the overhang to notice.

Was worried about overhang with the Pico. I hate buying things like mods w/o being able to handle them first. Thinking I'm going with the Alien now but have a birthday in a couple of months and that pretty R150 is calling my name.

nancybout

ECF Veteran
If I could say the one device that's never ever let me down not once and TC not a thing u need/ want
I would get the sigelie 100-150
Seriously
It is a workhorse lol
I also have the RX200 (kinda wantbthe 2/3)
Pico is very cute but I have 1 battery-
Not the mega-
What about the joyetech dual ?
I have the single one-
Ugh I forget the name now! I need to send a pic
BUT it's lasted me so long lol
As long as my sigelie almost [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Well I ordered the gold Alien, got here Tue, also ordered 6 batteries from IMR that got here today so I've been testing it out tonight after charging the batteries. Been using my Cleito 120 tank mostly (ordered the mod, not the kit, didn't need another tank), been really liking it so far. I will say it has more pop than the MVP3 at the same wattage which is nice.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread