Deciding on SMOK Alien or X-Cube Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewxW_

Oct 15, 2016
Hey,

I want to upgrade from my iTaste MVP 3.0 and get a more updated and advanced mod, so I checked out the two smok products, the Alien and the X-Cube Ultra.

I'm thinking of putting this mod with a TFV8 Cloud Beast tank or even the TFV8 Baby Beast tank to make the "perfect" vape build for me throughout the day. If I was to be honest, the Alien looks better because of the shape/colour options and more details on the OLED, especially when you just figured out what each function does.etc.

Thanks in advanced.

*EDIT* Well, this post was useless, I answered my own question and found out myself which mod I'm thinking of getting, it's gonna have to be the SMOK Alien just because I don't really need the extra bells and whistles (Colourful LED, OTA updating) the X-Cube Ultra has, plus the size comparsion is a huge difference. I may like a heavier mod that feels more sturdy and firm but the X-Cube Ultra just feels too big, plus small mods never really hurt anyone.

Last edited:

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Hey,

I want to upgrade from my iTaste MVP 3.0 and get a more updated and advanced mod, so I checked out the two SMOK products, the Alien and the X-Cube Ultra.

I'm thinking of putting this mod with a TFV8 Cloud Beast tank or even the TFV8 Baby Beast tank to make the "perfect" vape build for me throughout the day. If I was to be honest, the Alien looks better because of the shape/colour options and more details on the OLED, especially when you just figured out what each function does.etc.

Thanks in advanced.

*EDIT* Well, this post was useless, I answered my own question and found out myself which mod I'm thinking of getting, it's gonna have to be the SMOK Alien just because I don't really need the extra bells and whistles (Colourful LED, OTA updating) the X-Cube Ultra has, plus the size comparsion is a huge difference. I may like a heavier mod that feels more sturdy and firm but the X-Cube Ultra just feels too big, plus small mods never really hurt anyone.
You made a good choice. I have heard that the X Cube has had a lot of problems with bogus "no atomizer" errors. I returned mine because I was getting the bogus error myself and they did not have any in stock for a replacement because of the number of returns.

And also OP, I know you already made your decision, but from what I've heard of other people's experience with the XCube series from SMOK, you have to be more careful about atty leak with those b/c of the top-mounted screen. The screen's are supposed to be sealed & liquid-proof, but the buttons around it aren't, and if some liquid gets in that area, :|.....:yawn:.......:eek:........:mad:. lol Not sure if that's been an issue with the Ultra, but I remember hearing about it with the Mini & XCube 2.

Just a little something else to consider for those who may be thinking of getting an XCube Ultra (or other device with a top-mounted screen). :cool:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
i was impressed by the size of the alien 220... it really isn't that much bigger than my kbox 75w mini... while it has the weight of being dual battery, it's a nice size for someone as small as me(5'). since you unnecroed the post i figured i would add my support for this nice mod.

edit: the baby beast and big baby beasts are evil cloud producing tanks that magically empty when you inhale! baby rba and glass that fits must be bought separately for the baby beast, but it is the same rba that comes with the big baby beast... well worth the investment.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
If you have enough money i would get both. I have the baby beast, the cloud an currently am using a tfv4 micro on the smok h priv and i couldnt wish for greater tanks.
I am getting the alien this weekend but i have looked at the X cube ultra too. Get both if you can, i like both :)
How is the mvp 3.0. I was gonna get it a couple months back but it doesnt have removable batteries So it put me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread