Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
No way is the vape industry going to just bend over for this. I see an all out war coming, I really do. Flat out non-compliance, blatant work arounds, black market, you name it.
Funny too cause in one of their comment replies the FDA said this wouldn't create a black market and if it did it would be minuscule.

LOL!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
No way is the vape industry going to just bend over for this. I see an all out war coming, I really do. Flat out non-compliance, blatant work arounds, black market, you name it.

I'm in. Good luck. :|

nlgeekdad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
What I don't understand is who is this group to tell me that I cannot use or do something with my own body? I can understand an age restriction for nicotine liquids... but if I want to vape and its my body then should I not be allowed? Much like my right to eat what I want, or drink what I want? If I went to the gas station and paid for a cup of Gas and sat there began drinking it, while someone may tell me that its not a good idea its not illegal or regulated in any matter of such so why is there on all this other stuff? or am I being stupid?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
''Deeming regs are as bad as we believed: "FDA anticipates that most manufacturers of e-liquids and components/complete delivery systems will seek authorization through the PMTA"

from sj's blog :(

We tried to play nice and all they did was make a shopping list of our objections and disclosure.

Two words. Good luck. :|

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
CASAA: FDA Deeming Regulations: Release and Next Steps

Per CASAA:

"The most important thing you can do is to make a call, write, or send an email to your Representative and urge them to cosponsor and support HR 2058. If there is one thing that has to be done, this is it. Encourage your family members, friends, everyone who has supported your journey to participate."

Y'all need to read this. CASAA is nowhere NEAR ready to give up. Let's go. Email the prez and your representatives. Call them. It's not hard!!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
What I don't understand is who is this group to tell me that I cannot use or do something with my own body? I can understand an age restriction for nicotine liquids... but if I want to vape and its my body then should I not be allowed? Much like my right to eat what I want, or drink what I want? If I went to the gas station and paid for a cup of Gas and sat there began drinking it, while someone may tell me that its not a good idea its not illegal or regulated in any matter of such so why is there on all this other stuff? or am I being stupid?

Exactly ngd. Far worse than prohibition…the notion that government has the power to regulate your health. It begins here.

Good luck. :danger:

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have said for a long time that we shouldn't be playing nice all along. The process of waiting on these regs caused the entire US vape industry to become reactionary, with a falsely created veil of proactivity . We should have been proactive and simply pushed for congressional legislation to remove all authority from the FDA to regulate vapor products. We didnt, until far too late in the process, so we end up with this.

Im sorry if it sounds as if I am knocking the leaders of pro vaping groups here. They have done alot of work and we should all be grateful they exist. Imo, the tactics we all used are flawed. Especially since now the entire industry is now handed to big tobacco because they are the only ones that can afford the approval processes.

Question I have is, for those that make their own eliquids at home, do the new rules regulate the sale of either glycerin or glycol containing nicotine?

Can that still be purchased?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have said for a long time that we shouldn't be playing nice all along. The process of waiting on these regs caused the entire US vape industry to become reactionary, with a falsely created veil of proactivity . We should have been proactive and simply pushed for congressional legislation to remove all authority from the FDA to regulate vapor products. We didnt, until far too late in the process, so we end up with this.

Im sorry if it sounds as if I am knocking the leaders of pro vaping groups here. They have done alot of work and we should all be grateful they exist. Imo, the tactics we all used are flawed. Especially since now the entire industry is now handed to big tobacco because they are the only ones that can afford the approval processes.

Question I have is, for those that make their own eliquids at home, do the new rules regulate the sale of either glycerin or glycol containing nicotine?

Can that still be purchased?

If it contains nic, probably. Keep in mind, these regs don't go into effect for 2 years and 30 days.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
So, thanks to the FDA, we will all become criminals. They are going to need more prisons, or maybe concentration camps.

Exactly. Criminalized by the edicts of bureaucrats who've assumed presumptive authority from the duplicity of the statute.

We don't need a tea party, we need a VAPE PARTY…right on the FDA's front lawn.

Good luck. :(

Users who are viewing this thread