Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Which leaves you in the position of having to prove a negative. Good luck with that.

Make no mistake folks, the only reason the FDA delayed the release of this horse manure from 2014 until today was to gather information on the specific details of all materials even tangentially related to e-cigs; so they could make their tyranny as comprehensive and inclusive as possible. Their goal is not to protect anyone's health.. their goal is to crush vaping. To hell with facts, to hell with actual science. They are the kings of the ANTZ and this was always their intention.

With the way it reads now, it's hard to refute this. I mostly expected hardware to get some reasonable concessions. Instead, hardware got punched square in the face.

The 2007 date basically wipes out the entire reason why vaping has actually exploded globally and millions of people kicked the smoking habit with ease. 2007 technology can't do that and I'm sure the FDA and corporate interest in supporting the regs damn sure knows it. What a debacle of a day this has been...

Cameron Aldrich

May 5, 2016
One way around having to spend a million for each flavor is maybe have a pooling of manufacturers create two or more liquid companies. I'm not sure of the regulations, but they could certify either a flavorless liquid, or a nicotine additive that could be added to flavored liquid. If they are just regulating nicotine, that should be a fairly easy obstacle. That's why I shook my head when I read that they were considering banning some flavors. Anyone can buy flavorless liquid and head to a baking shop and pick up flavoring.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Kaboom! :-x

The fools (elected and appointed Liberal Democrats) sow the seeds of death. We've been over this a thousand times here on ECF/Twitter/Facebook...and the White House and all it's drones are behind this. Wake Up People!

If you're in the USA, remember that when it comes time to vote.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2013
    In my happy place
    Even though I have set myself up well for such an event. I have been on a roller coaster all day as I plow through the regs. I weep for all of the people still smoking combustible tobacco, I am angry for the people that have found that vaping is a gateway away from combustible tobacco, and I morn the death of science based regulation.

Such a sad day for the country.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    In it's pure refined form it can kill a human in minutes. We however, as vapors, are handling mere fractions of such potency. So they are playing fact against reality.
    And there are very strict regulations in place for such potencies as far as I understand it, if you were to somehow get pure nic delivered to your house, you would be welcomed by a large team of men, ready and willing to cart your tukkus off to federal jail.

Again, more wording games, none the less.

Agreed..........Practiced DIY'ers often use 100mg/ml Nicotine concentrate. 1/10th Full strength Nicotine. With minor precautions 100mg/ml is easily reduced to whatever concentration one desires. Easy Math and simple to Drop mg/ml as one sees fit. :cool:

* I have experienced a few Boo Boo's early on - NOT DEAD YET :D

Netop

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2015
    Providence, RI
    You can write whomever you want, but letters to Ben Carson are very unlikely to achieve anything.
    If Ben Cardon seré to ever be in a position if authority, I suggest we all get together and write one letter. In big block letters. And maybe include an audio version, preferably narrated by William Schatner.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    In The Plex
    kb.lime-it.us
    You can write whomever you want, but letters to Ben Carson are very unlikely to achieve anything.

Trump will not win, and even if he did, he's no conservative. Hillary and Trump are two sides of the same authoritarian coin.
    Someone is awake. hello :)

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    In The Plex
    kb.lime-it.us
    Agreed..........Practiced DIY'ers often use 100mg/ml Nicotine concentrate. 1/10th Full strength Nicotine. With minor precautions 100mg/ml is easily reduced to whatever concentration one desires. Easy Math and simple to Drop mg/ml as one sees fit. :cool:

* I have experienced a few Boo Boo's early on - NOT DEAD YET :D
    Absolutely.
    Eye balls don't take too kind to 100Mg nic, but it never hurt me like analogs did, not even a glimpse. Been working off one litre for years. Rest? Confiscated in transit, lost a dear, dear friend over it.
    At any rate, you speak the truth.

aubergine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    OK, I'm tuning out for the rest of the night.

This has been an epic 9 year adventure, but it seems that it's all coming to a close. Very sad days indeed.

We knew this was coming, but now it has, I can't quite believe it.

This.

Smokey's been around from the start and knows what this is.

Bah.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    anybody around who read those 499 pages? my connection is too slow to download the pdf but i thought i had seen mention that ads for vapor products will be banned and that means ecf is losing the means to carry our servers, no? :?:

and that might explain sj's very depressing post ....

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    The Rule enables the FDA for rights of "seizure and inunction." It will be a Federal crime if the laws are not adhered to.

I am not sure as to current possession of ENDS and liquids now. That's a great question. Maybe they will make us turn in all of our gear[emoji12] at vape gear drop off centers. When prohibition took place, any alcohol you already owned was not grandfathered[emoji15]

In layman's terms they can come to your home or place of business or your automobile or your person and take all your stuff and freeze your assets and your life.

The IRS and Homeland Security have those rights as well.

I am sure they will refine their remedies but rest assured they will be enabled to use the full force of Federal law to crush your very soul.

They can have the Cold Dead Body.....................The Soul will not be Swayed.
    I have been :censored:ing with the IRS for a Decade................. Bring it! :grr:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Ok, this comment on an article caught my attention. What IS this person talking about??

This is a $2.5B industry now, growing 20+% year over year, expected to reach $50B by 2025. Manufacturers absolutely can and should shoulder the cost of a PMA. Also, once a PMA is approved, a manufacture can claim it as a predicate when they file additional formulations, greatly lowering the bar and the cost for future approvals.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    All of the vape gear and liquid in your home will be effectively banned and prohibited by The Final Rule. None of it will adhere to the new Federal Regulations as to manufacturing process, contents or warning labels.

Will the government come into your home and arrest you and seize your property, probably not.

Can the government come into your home and arrest you and seize your property....absolutely.

Can the Fed use prohibited vape gear as probable cause to arrest you if they are looking to make other charges, sure, why not.

The reason nothing will be grandfathered is so you cannot claim you bought it after the regulations were in place. What a mess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread