Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
It is about to hit the fan and I for one am still fighting. If you haven't signed this petition yet U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products , Please do. It is getting very close to time for it to be sent to those that could do something about this. It will surprise me if they even read it but it is one more outlet for our anger and if we do nothing, they win by default.

Okay! I signed it, with the following added comment:
"Changing to vaping has helped me quit a 45+ year cigarette addiction. I have been cigarette free for close to 3 years, due solely to vaping. I highly recommend vaping to any smokers as a viable alternative. Yes, nicotine is addictive, but it is not as harmful when inhaled as a vapor as it is when inhaled as smoke, because all the the negative elements in the smoke are missing in the vapor. I believe it is an undue burden being placed on vendors in the vaping industry who make their livelihood providing a valuable service to our community. This action by non-elected pencil-pushers proves that they do not have the health interests of the American people at heart; but, are instead interested in lining their own pockets with Big Tobacco money."

I guess I'm an old cynic, because I'm not naive enough to believe that our government is in the least bit interested in what the people they govern say, unless it provides some little quip they can use to help get themselves elected and/or re-elected. I am also not naive enough to think that the FDA cares at all about the health and well-being of the people it is supposed to protect. Take for example the Breo commercial (seen on hulu and probably on television, too.) In this commercial it is announce that Breo contains a type of medication that can cause death to asthma sufferers - and it is an asthma medication! Does this sound like the FDA is trying to protect people, or more like it is taking money to push a potentially fatal drug onto the American people?

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I'm optimistic there is over a 2 year window by that time HR 2058 will pass and the FDA will have to go back revise the regs.. not the end yet..have faith people..too many players with too much to lose.

Peace
I'm glad you said this! Your right the fight is NOT over!

Reactions: salemgold

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
What's the best way to store the eleafs I am going to buy so they last a LOONNGG time. Why why. Going to cry again. Just the thought of smoking a cig again is making me want to move.

To?

Maybe CA will chip off the side of the continent and float away. :)

G'bye Bronzed One. It's been fun.

:glug:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Man, Trump supporters - I'm more on your side than you might think. For the record, I despise both political parties and have never, will never, support an establishment candidate from either side. So I get it. I get why people like Trump. I just think his supporters will be even more disappointed than Obama's supporters were (I told them so, as well).

Mark my words. Trump will pivot to the left in the general election, so if you're conservative, there's that. He's a con man, best I have ever seen perhaps. Also, why would a billionaire want to change our rigged economy? Makes no sense to me personally, but if it does to you, I applaud your right to vote for him and suggest you do just that.

In terms of vaping... I could be way off but I just don't see how the POTUS will really have much of an effect, aside from possibly if it comes down to the SCOTUS. Then again my mind is just simply blown by all of this. I think I will choose, at least for the remainder of the night (so as to actually get some sleep), to be comforted by the thought that it is not time to panic.

Let's not let ourselves be divided in any way, guys and gals. Now is THE time to be united, more than ever before. I love all of you, even those I've never spoken with or seen around since I live in an ECF bubble of sorts. We're vapors. We stand united.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Bonnie Herzog, an analyst with Wells Fargo Securities, said she expects “litigation from several manufacturers, which could unfortunately prolong the uncertainty plaguing the entire industry.”

Let's hope the litigation delay this as long as possible. Knowing how the government works, any delay would be measured in years. But in the meantime, are the rules still enforceable?

Reactions: Katya

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Unfortunately, the biggest looser - smoker, have no clue about what just have happened.

Aside from our own personal needs, therein lies the sadness for me.

And the fear of returning to smoking. Le sigh.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Aside from our own personal needs, therein lies the sadness for me.

And the fear of returning to smoking. Le sigh.
Wanna get mad now?

BT pays Washington DC to regulate e-cigs off the face of the map. Vapers go back to smoking and BT and DC share in the treasure. We die they thrive.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
I just had a very frightening thought.
According to the deeming regulations, if any DIY'er makes a juice and sells or distributes his juice to anyone, without the proper labeling or testing, he is committing a felony.
People will be arrested and this is a breeding ground for organized crime.
Way to go FDA...thanks for looking out for us.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Bonnie Herzog, an analyst with Wells Fargo Securities, said she expects “litigation from several manufacturers, which could unfortunately prolong the uncertainty plaguing the entire industry.”

Let's hope the litigation delay this as long as possible. Knowing how the government works, any delay would be measured in years. But in the meantime, are the rules still enforceable?

That's a good question. I remember back in 2010 the FDA was still seizing shipments coming in at the ports. Even though there were court cases pending. Just don't remember if they were doing that legally or not. It was a mess.

I think that they would be enforceable until a judge ruled otherwise though.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
There was one Dem signed on to the amendment to the budget that changes the grandfather date the same way. Last I saw there weren't any Dem names on HR 2058, and not enough Rep names to give it legs.

The budget amendment seems like it would be a better chance for us, since Obama is committed to signing the budget, he certainly wouldn't block it just because of a grandfather date change. Whereas he might well block HR 2058 as a standalone bill.
Agreed. And yes, a Democrat co-sponsored the add-on to the agriculture biil.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I just had a very frightening thought.
According to the deeming regulations, if any DIY'er makes a juice and sells or distributes his juice to anyone, without the proper labeling or testing, he is committing a felony.
People will be arrested and this is a breeding ground for organized crime.
Way to go FDA...thanks for looking out for us.
Felony!? Well, there goes my line of "Sloth Sauce" ...

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Dekang says they have been FDA compliant for a long time. That's what I vape.
I don't think you get it. Nobody is "FDA compliant" because they have not yet been approved under the new deeming regulations. And the chances of gaining approval are at least 1 in 1,000.

Users who are viewing this thread