Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
No trouble buddy, I just ordered $1,000 of vape supplies today and I lost my job last month, so I get it! Peace.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I feel that we are a kind of brotherhood here and in some sense what hurts one hurts us all. I wish I had a job to offer--only advice and tea and sympathy--but if you'd like to PM me, please don't hesitate.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The rules are fully enforceable unless a federal judge issues a temporary injunction. It's too early to predict whether that might occur.

But, but... The FDA can't make any laws. Only Congress. Am I wrong? And this administration is on its way out, anyway.

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
Well, I've done some work, however ineffective. I've messaged Ivanka on FB and written to several influential political bloggers to please cover the abuse of the FDA (and other 3 letters.) It's a battle of both politics and public opinion.

BTW, I'm out of work, and will work, but I will be fine no matter what, I was gonna retire in 5 years anyway, this just makes me adjust a bit.
I have been in and out of work for the last few years, and have, through necessity, turned vaping cheap into an art, learn to build coils and make juice, makes things muc uhh easier.
I have been out of work too long to even THINK of stocking up the way I would like to :(

Same here, actually think im going to lose my job as-well for missing too many days due to health issues and a bad year in general.. Sucks

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

Reactions: MikeyConti

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
This is all going to backfire on these money grubbing vermin ... vaping will prevail as the medical miracle it appears to be.

mark my words ... 10 years from now, we'll still be waiting for the first vaper to report a decline in health ... 1st out of millions of vapers.

within 5 years, Doctors will be speaking about the results they are seeing in ex-smoking patients.

BG is so incompetent ... they should have done this back in 2007 when they had a shot at killing vaping to save BT.

it's too late now ... this blatant attempt to hijack vaping to replace lost tobacco taxes will be exposed.

shortest Prohibition ever :smokie:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I think the best thing we can do at the moment is to stock up on things we need: extra e-liquid, batteries, etc. At least have some for a little while.

I politely disagree. The best thing we can do at the moment is to keep fighting. :)

CASAA: FDA Deeming Regulations: Release and Next Steps

"The most important thing you can do is to make a call, write, or send an email to your Representative and urge them to cosponsor and support HR 2058. If there is one thing that has to be done, this is it. Encourage your family members, friends, everyone who has supported your journey to participate."

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
No, the FDA has not set any objective standards whatsoever. It is impossible to know if paying for at least 1,500 lawyer hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars on an application will give an e-juice maker a fair shot at getting approved. So, I seriously doubt there will be many, if any, legally sold bottles of e-juice.

This brings up an interesting question. The smart money would go for it with unflavored nic first. Nic manufacturers could band together or a single manufacturer could try and temporarily corner the supply side before SE from the rest of the gang ride the coat tails.

The easiest juice to give it a shot with is unflavored in a bottle. If the FDA shoots that down then the ugly truth rears it's head. Open systems are going bye bye. But if unflavored in a bottle gets the nod then workarounds become pretty clear.

The pioneer manufacturers that test the approval waters first should keep it simple/stupid. No sense going for anything complicated if the simple version can't pass the test.

This whole thing makes me want to walk the streets at night looking for stray puppies to kick and I freekin love dogs. That's how mad I'm getting while mentally grinding over this debacle.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
For four years, I have been reading folks posting "time to stock up" or "its ok, they cant regulate 18650's"....How about changing the mentality to "TIME TO FIGHT BACK"!!!!

100+ :) Good luck all!

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Seems all this regulation is thinly guised as targeted to protect children, while we all know its to get this stuff all taxed.

Meanwhile we have some states that are making candy bars, gummys and even e-liquid with you know what in it, why is that good? .. but they turn a blind eye when its of course against federal law ... because they tax the daylights out if it ... is certainly isn't health food lol

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
OK, you have cigarettes. They have been proved to be harmful. Can you still smoke them? Yes. Do they ban them? No. Why? Revenue.
Nope. It's mostly politics. It's mainly because banning cigarettes would cause about 40 million people to vote against anyone who voted for or signed a bill banning a product they are dearly fond of.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Seems all this regulation is thinly guised as targeted to protect children, while we all know its to get this stuff all taxed.

Meanwhile we have some states that are making candy bars, gummys and even e-liquid with you know what in it, why is that good? .. but they turn a blind eye when its of course against federal law ... because they tax the daylights out if it ... is certainly isn't health food lol

Sometimes I Wonder if it would have Just Been Better to give them those GD Taxes from Day 1?

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
People will be arrested and this is a breeding ground for organized crime.

You think?

Last time they tried prohibition, it was a great success!

Vapeasy, anyone? :facepalm:

xal_capone4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kFV5HcKF9f.jpg

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
The Government cant make a Decision like this alone, but they can make it happen anyway. This shows you how Corrupt we have let them get. WE gave them the idea that we work for them and do as they say, When it was meant to be the total opposite.
Americans need to come back together, the Government has been splitting us up into "Categories" instead of People just so they can take over everything while were all looking at each-other.. We need to fix this somehow, even if we dont know how yet.. Something has to be done about the Government, they have bee going WAY TOO FAR lately, Well the past 10-20 years actually..

~applauding~

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
For four years, I have been reading folks posting "time to stock up" or "its ok, they cant regulate 18650's"....How about changing the mentality to "TIME TO FIGHT BACK"!!!!

YES!!!!! :thumbs:

I haven't even started stockpiling. I have 500ml of 54mg nic in my freezer and a bunch of mods and tanks. But that's all.

Reactions: Katmar

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
This is all going to backfire on these money grubbing vermin ... vaping will prevail as the medical miracle it appears to be.

mark my words ... 10 years from now, we'll still be waiting for the first vaper to report a decline in health ... 1st out of millions of vapers.

within 5 years, Doctors will be speaking about the results they are seeing in ex-smoking patients.

BG is so incompetent ... they should have done this back in 2007 when they had a shot at killing vaping to save BT.

it's too late now ... this blatant attempt to hijack vaping to replace lost tobacco taxes will be exposed.

shortest Prohibition ever :smokie:

I really, really hope you're right.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Sometimes I Wonder if it would have Just Been Better to give them those GD Taxes from Day 1?

Seems as though this is what they are trying to do by having all these new products (not really new but they deem them to be by their own rules) need to be submitted and approved for a ton of fee's, ... they will get it from the past with regulating the past, present and future.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
But, but... The FDA can't make any laws. Only Congress. Am I wrong? And this administration is on its way out, anyway.
To be blunt, you're wrong. Congress has empowered the FDA to regulate "tobacco products." "Tobacco products" are defined as anything derived from the tobacco plant and anything that is a "component" of a tobacco product. The FDA has interpreted "component" to mean anything used to consume a tobacco product. All nicotine is derived from the tobacco plant. FDA regulations have the force and effect of law.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Would it be okay with you if I continue to do Both?o_O
Stock up for my protection............and
Fight for others Right to Choose

Users who are viewing this thread