Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
i live in Texas,, and buy 99% of my vape products online, +95% of all of my other shopping,i have never been asked for signature, id , photo ,,,nothing,, everything has moved as smoothly as shopping at amazon

When buying online from vape/ecig retailers who are located in TX as of May 28 2015
Texas SB97 | 2015-2016 | 84th Legislature

One of the online vape stores I buy from is located in Texas and when I check out with my purchase I have to sign a legal written statement first...
(d)A retailer in this state that otherwise complies with
applicable laws relating to retail sales and primarily sells
e-cigarettes may comply with Subsection (c) by:
(1)verifying the age of the prospective purchaser
with a commercially available database or a photocopy or other
image of a government-issued identification bearing a photograph of
the prospective purchaser and stating the date of birth or age of
the prospective purchaser;
(2)obtaining a written statement signed by the
prospective purchaser, under penalty of law, certifying the
prospective purchaser's address and date of birth; and
(3)receiving payment for the delivery sale from the
prospective purchaser by a credit card or debit card that has been
issued in the prospective purchaser's name or by a check that is
associated with a bank account in the prospective purchaser's name.

Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
When buying online from vape/ecig retailers who are located in TX as of May 28 2015
Texas SB97 | 2015-2016 | 84th Legislature

One of the online vape stores I buy from is located in Texas and when I check out with my purchase I have to sign a legal written statement first...
(d)A retailer in this state that otherwise complies with
applicable laws relating to retail sales and primarily sells
e-cigarettes may comply with Subsection (c) by:
(1)verifying the age of the prospective purchaser
with a commercially available database or a photocopy or other
image of a government-issued identification bearing a photograph of
the prospective purchaser and stating the date of birth or age of
the prospective purchaser;
(2)obtaining a written statement signed by the
prospective purchaser, under penalty of law, certifying the
prospective purchaser's address and date of birth; and
(3)receiving payment for the delivery sale from the
prospective purchaser by a credit card or debit card that has been
issued in the prospective purchaser's name or by a check that is
associated with a bank account in the prospective purchaser's name.
ah,, i have been buying out of state/country. in the end,,i would think its the banks job to carry such items since i had to produce them at the time i opened the accounts

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
This has been mentioned by the FDA as well as a hot topic in the news as of late, teens adding stuff to e-cigarettes to vape (although I have different thoughts on that as to type of vaping equipment involved) it has been on my local news quite a bit and in several other states I am aware of and in national media as well.

My understanding is PG is not a solvent for that which shall not be named from the newsweak cover. :blink:

Reactions: YoursTruli

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Step 1
Win Non-nicotine e-liquid battle by establishing it is Fraud to Advertise a Product as Made from Tobacco, when No tobacco is in fact in the Product.

Step 2
Disclaimer labeling on All consumer hardware products. This product sold for novelty purposes and Not recommended for use with Products containing Nicotine.

Step 3
Removal of all Non Nicotine Delivery products from FDA - Tobacco Regulatory control.

Step 4
FDA Exit Stage left, you did your job and WE the PEOPLE No longer need you Baby Sitting our Adult choices.

I do have a Single Major concern............Which I will never express Hear or Elsewhere or with any unfamiliar member, casual acquaintance or the FDA ...for fear such information would be directly used detrimental to those seeking HARM REDUCTION through Vaping.

:censored: FDA

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
No nicotine = tobacco product.

"The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary."

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I feel sure that this has already been posted here somewhere. Just in case it has not, :thumb:

SFATA and our coalition partners (CASAA, AEMSA, AVA, and Not Blowing Smoke) are pleased to announce our support for the efforts of the Right To Be Smoke-Free Coalition in filing a lawsuit challenging the FDA’s deeming regulations. We are developing fundraising and other support for this effort and we will share additional information as it becomes available.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Yikes.................... I guess most of us don't get it. /sar

Apparently this vendor does (bolded by me):

"
“Altus T1,” by GuoVape
Dubbed “the product that will beat the FDA,”
Los Angeles-based physicist David Guo’s Altus T1 uses a high thermo-conductive ceramic instead of traditional coils to heat liquid in a tank used for vaping, making the product “tobacco free” per the upcoming FDA regulations, because it doesn’t have a coil."

Source just so you don't think I made this up.

Seriously!

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I feel sure that this has already been posted here somewhere. Just in case it has not, :thumb:

SFATA and our coalition partners (CASAA, AEMSA, AVA, and Not Blowing Smoke) are pleased to announce our support for the efforts of the Right To Be Smoke-Free Coalition in filing a lawsuit challenging the FDA’s deeming regulations. We are developing fundraising and other support for this effort and we will share additional information as it becomes available.
Sounds hopeful. First I've heard of it. Thanks.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

"
“Altus T1,” by GuoVape
Los Angeles-based physicist David Guo’s Altus T1 uses a high thermo-conductive ceramic instead of traditional coils to heat liquid in a tank used for vaping, making the product “tobacco free” per the upcoming FDA regulations, because it doesn’t have a coil."

Seriously!
Does that sound right, that it would be FDA proof? No coil = not deemed? Interesting sounding/looking product, though.

Guo

Reactions: budynbuick

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Thank you so much.
Is this saying having Filed or (still) Preparing to File? Obviously none of us want a sloppy ruch job, but Time Critical Events may errepairibly Damage the Middle<Retail> sector of the Industry.
Consumers can quickly Adjust needs, Manufacturers(hardware) can shift project goals, Sellers are like fish in a Barrel - ATM :ohmy:

My Pennies are all yours :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
a high thermo-conductive ceramic instead of traditional coils to heat liquid in a tank used for vaping, making the product “tobacco free” per the upcoming FDA regulations, because it doesn’t have a coil."

Deeming doc:

"FDA agrees that electronic nicotine delivery systems or ENDS are sold under
several different names including e-cigarettes, e-cigars, e-hookah, vape pens, personal
vaporizers, and electronic pipes. These products all meet the definition of "tobacco product"
and, therefore, under this rule, all are subject to FDA's tobacco control authorities, regardless of a
novel name or heating source.
In addition, the definition of tobacco product includes
components and parts (the objects intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the
human consumption of a tobacco product that are not accessories) (e.g., e-liquids, tanks,
cartridges, pods, wicks, atomizers), which, under this rule, have also been deemed to be subject
to FDA's authority under chapter IX of the FD&C Act."

" The following is a nonexhaustive list of examples of
components and parts used with electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) (including e
cigarettes): e-liquids; atomizers; batteries (with or without variable voltage); cartomizers
(atomizer plus replaceable fluid-filled cartridge); digital display/lights to adjust settings;
clearomisers, tank systems, flavors, vials that contain e-liquids, and programmable software."

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

"
“Altus T1,” by GuoVape

Seriously!

Right. Meet the LA-based physicist. :)

Product introduction from the inventor of altus

And no, it won't beat the FDA. It is a tobacco product, per FDA definition.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Zeller actually said he won't disclose what that product is. What could possibly be good reason for keeping it secret?

Beats me, dear. How are people supposed to comply with FDA regulations if they don't even know what the predicate product is? Heller and Orwell are turning in their graves.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
So I'll say it again by your definition vaping is dead more or less come aug 8th.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

That's totally incorrect. As long as the manufacturers register with the FDA by Aug and register their products by the end of the year, they have at least two years before their products must be taken off the market if they haven't applied for approval. This is without any legislative or legal changes to the current scenario.

Might some stop producing as we get closer to Aug 2018? Definitely, however there is a lot that can and will occur before we get there.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Beats me, dear. How are people supposed to comply with FDA regulations if they don't even know what the predicate product is? Heller and Orwell are turning in their graves.

Easy Katya, as we all know, there's no hardware on the market today that compares to the predicate product(s). As far as liquids, there probably are pretty few. You've been around almost as long as I have, flavors were pretty limited back then and who knows who the suppliers were two years or more earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread