Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
head-on-desk.jpg
A picture is worth a thousand words!!!!!!!!

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Also worth a listen - Azim Chowdhury pro-vape attorney with Dimitris - starts around 11:30 into the recording.... (this has been posted before :- ) ... by YoursTruli )

Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!
Azim didn't seem to think there would be all that much trouble selling 0mg liquid, though I did get confused with what he was saying about it.

My understanding has been that FDA will be very tough with intended use assumptions, and that it will not be deemed, only if no "reasonable" assumption that it "might" be used for vaping - otherwise, deemed tobacco product and requires lie on label that it's derived from tobacco.

Reactions: Kenna

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I found a local article discussing Johnson's letter to the FDA. Which didn't add anything new to the convo. Until I read the comments...omg they are hard to read. Not a single comment in favor with what he is doing.

Johnson asks FDA if it considered job losses in issuing e-cig regulations
Too bad you have to be a subscriber to comment. It appears, again, that the FDA/CDC/Media machine has done its job well. Toxic, poison, people's health, yet cigarettes are unaffected...

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Too bad you have to be a subscriber to comment. It appears, again, that the FDA/CDC/Media machine has done its job well. Toxic, poison, people's health, yet cigarettes are unaffected...

This is another facet of our opposition and it really stinks. Uninterested and uninformed citizens draw fast conclusions. Basically, "Oh, the FDA is going to require age restrictions and product testing. Excellent work!"....ugh

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is another facet of our opposition and it really stinks. Uninterested and uninformed citizens draw fast conclusions. Basically, "Oh, the FDA is going to require age restrictions and product testing. Excellent work!"....ugh
Yeah, his letter asks the basic question that EVERYONE should understand. If you have insufficient data to know that there IS a public health risk, aren't these regulations premature?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I found a local article discussing Johnson's letter to the FDA. Which didn't add anything new to the convo. Until I read the comments...omg they are hard to read. Not a single comment in favor with what he is doing.

Johnson asks FDA if it considered job losses in issuing e-cig regulations
Well, if they had the Balls to allow open comments of even a Facebook Login, Id rip them a New one............But no, you have to subscribe to notices from a State you have been given a distaste for.

No doubt this Slam fest is a CTA from some local anti-organization:facepalm:

Truth be told, any American willing to Ask the hard questions and in a position to Get answers to those Questions, and hopefully Share openly, has gained a little Respect from me.
Cowards Deflect from a matter rather than ask WHY.

We Know the WHY
We See the Reasoning
We oppose the Decision of the FDA with Just cause
We will not be Silenced
We will not Fade quietly into the Dark
We are Vapers
We Vote
We Will Be heard

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................:D

:cool:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Well, if they had the Balls to allow open comments of even a Facebook Login, Id rip them a New one............But no, you have to subscribe to notices from a State you have been given a distaste for.

No doubt this Slam fest is a CTA from some local anti-organization:facepalm:

Truth be told, any American willing to Ask the hard questions and in a position to Get answers to those Questions, and hopefully Share openly, has gained a little Respect from me.
Cowards Deflect from a matter rather than ask WHY.

We Know the WHY
We See the Reasoning
We oppose the Decision of the FDA with Just cause
We will not be Silenced
We will not Fade quietly into the Dark
We are Vapers
We Vote
We Will Be heard

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................:D

:cool:
I like your enthusiasm! :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Psssst.........

We are Vapers
We are Voters
We will not be silenced
We will not Fade Quietly into the night
We will continue the Fight for that which is Right
We are NOT the Reason this country is suffering Tobacco related Disease.
We Did, We Do and We will Continue to Vape!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
We.
Will.
Not.
Submit.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
We.
Will.
Not.
Submit.

I was surprised to see the FDA is even going after Native Americans.....Guess they (FDA) are poorer than originally thought.

Letter to Tribal Leaders:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/RulesRegulationsGuidance/UCM500721.pdf

Ummmmmm........................and I thought the Government could make this type of Regulatory Decission?
Preventing the marketing of modified risk tobacco products, which may be marketed with
unsubstantiated claims and may mislead consumers to initiate tobacco product use or to
continue using tobacco when they would otherwise quit , without an FDA order

The FDA can Order you not to Smoke or Vape? :blink:

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The comments on that page are a result of blind partisanship. The senatorial race between Johnson and Feingold is overheating, already. Both are probably receiving vicious attacks from their rival side, over anything they say. Not from people responding to the issues, but to the person and the party, uninterested in facts.

Unfortunately, it seems to be going more and more in the direction of vaping being fought over on party lines, at least on a national level. That is not good for vaping. Truth suffers under blind partisanship. I think we all know that.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY

The ignorance in their comments section offends my delicate sensibilities. Especially relating to the one 'embalming fluid' comment.

Users who are viewing this thread