Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: There's a forum for political discussions. This isn't the one.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Truth.

But on the one issue that should be uniting us: Look at the list of co-sponsors for HR2051 and tell me how that list breaks down by party. The go look at the vote tally for the Cole-Bishop amendment in the Appropriations Committee and see how that broke down by party. Doing so makes it clear that on this issue, on the national level, one party seems somewhat friendly and the other seems to be our sworn enemy.
    No doubt, but I don't want either party telling me what to do. I refuse to give my vote to Trump or Clinton, and my current Rep (a Repub by the way) gave me the same form letter response as most of the Dems, so I don't see voting for her. In most cases, given the option, I'm voting for a third party candidate.

deucesjack

Account closed on request
    Oct 28, 2015
    Listen Pal, I don't know who you think you're talking to but you clearly have the wrong person. I asked you to go back and make sure you got it right but clearly you're too lazy and, as a result, you have made a fool of yourself. Please do our side a favor and take a hike. You're an embarrassment.

Again Pal, I really don't care who you or the other person is I don't agree with your POV. I just can't make it any simpler. As far as being an embarrassment. I'm not embarrassed by anything I've said.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    IQ-Bell-Curve.png

More proof I'm in the 1%.:smokie:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    • Deleted by retired1

deucesjack

Oct 28, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    I hope he has a chance to talk about vaping.
    At this point Johnson is the only politician on a national level that has even acknowledged that the TCA may not apply to vaping.

I know our short term goals rely on moving the predicate date, but that is not a solution to the problem. Show me some politicians that push for removing vaping from under the FSPTCA, and I'll strongly consider them, no matter what party they are.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    • Deleted by retired1

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Truth.

But on the one issue that should be uniting us: Look at the list of co-sponsors for HR2051 and tell me how that list breaks down by party. The go look at the vote tally for the Cole-Bishop amendment in the Appropriations Committee and see how that broke down by party. Doing so makes it clear that on this issue, on the national level, one party seems somewhat friendly and the other seems to be our sworn enemy.

Problem still Exist:
    Known opposed + likely opposed = Out Voting those in Favor.

Nothing wrong with Democratic Members working to Sway Party Members on a Critical REDUCED HEALTH RISK Matter. Republicans need to Work on Resisting Party Members
    The time has come for those individuals to Stop PARTY(ing) and Start Supporting the people they represent.

GET Cole-Bishop to the PRESIDENT, or GET H.R.2058 Approved and to the PRESIDENT, Then let each individual follow their IDEALS.
    *This is what FREEDOM is about - People coming together for a COMMON CAUSE, Regardless of of Beliefs and NOT Being judged or Judging on other Matters.

deucesjack

Oct 28, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    • Deleted by retired1

deucesjack

Oct 28, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    At the risk of sounding a bit slow, who is VJ? What is ME?

It appears that no one answered you. Vj is Vapor Joe and ME is his weekly webcast "Mod Envy." Joe has very strong opinions on just about everything; sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. However, he has a large fanbase, some of whom take his opinions as gospel. One-on-one, Joe can agree to disagree, but a number of his fans cannot.

ETA: I just saw that crxess did answer you, although slightly different than how I did.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    • Deleted by retired1

deucesjack

Oct 28, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: KNOCK IT OFF!

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2014
    london uk
    Kind like the post I was talking about before. Divide and conquer is so effective. Seems it is best not to talk political affiliation as really the groups controlling those two parties is the same. There is so much data these days about public policy; like how likely policies that the public want compared to what the establishment want that actually get passed are woefully undemocratic when either side is in power.

It makes no difference what side you support the outcome will be the same as vaping is such a destructive technology and the backers have decided that they are not to continue. Best save all our efforts and arguments for the people we actually need to defeat

deucesjack

Oct 28, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: KNOCK IT OFF!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    You want to insult and discuss politics, do it in the forum designed for it. This one isn't it.

Last warning.

Thank you for an excellent cleanup while Vaping .......isle 5 :thumb:

Forums are not a right, but a privilege. Remember everyone puts up with what we type.:oops:

:D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Since no one else will say it I will. You need to vote Republican. In general as a party they are for smaller government. Trump has said time and time again that he will reign in the FDA, IRS, DOE, and EPA. A vote for Hillary is just a vote for 4 more years of Obama. Since Obama has taken office he has invoked over 20,000 new regulatory rules. Wake the hell up vapers. Time to cross party lines and give up those broken political beliefs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I'm late to the thread, as usual...

You, as an individual, are certainly entitled to your opinion and to vote for whoever you like, but I dislike being told who I should vote for, especially when it's a specific party. I am wide awake.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2012
    North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
    Hungh? There is no Senate Bill that I know of.

There is HR 2058 That basically just rolled that device date forward to now. That is a House of Rep Bill that PB and Dimitrius said has No Dem support at all. (Though someone here the other day said it Had gotten a couple Dem votes.)

There is the Cole-Bishop amendment. That is an amendment started in the House Appropriations Committee to the Annual Agricultural Appropriations Bill. This Bill HAS TO BE Approved sometime before the end of the year as it basically controls several Federal agencies Funding.

Now, here's what you haven't heard from Anyone else. This is all but done. Over with. At least the Cole-Bishop amendment that changes the vape device date to Now and puts in a few common sense safe guards.

The C-B A has been voted on and Approved 31-19. 18 of 19 NO votes were Dem. Now the Coup de Grace. Republicans control both the Senate and the House. The C-B A IS NOW part of the Agricultural Appropriations bill. The Bill basically MUST be approved by the end of the year as it controls a lot of agency spending. If (When) the Bill passes and is signed, So Is The C-B A.

Now, the Agricultural Appropriations bill may get rolled in with Other Aprop bills for the Vote but it STILL has to Pass one way or the other in the end.

For us to really get screwed here, there would have to be a full blown assault on C-B A in the House or Senate GETTING A MAJORITY for it to be Removed. I haven't heard even a Hint that this kind of organized opposition in Congress to vaping exists. Now the Real Kicker. Again, Rep control Both the Senate and the House. The Republicans ALREADY Voted Resoundingly to Approve C-B A and save Vaping. No One is going to turn that around. This is over with folks. And we won.

We're good to go except that C-B A doesn't deal much with New devices be sold. They either change how the FDA wants that to go or the Companies will have to say the new stuff is Just Like the old stuff, just minor changes. Something probably WILL have to happen here still.

Even if 12/31 rolls around and the Ag Aprop still hasn't been signed, Halo has Hella Court Ammo for an injunction by saying, Hey, there is already Congressional Action on this that has FIXED the problem, it just hasn't taken effect yet.

You heard it here first.
    Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I believe! I believe! I believe! Good God Almighty, I BELIEVE!

Last edited:

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2015
    North Carolina
    It's just a NY state court ruling is on the definition of "smoking." As the deeming regulation doesn't define that term, the deeming regulation will have no effect on NY state laws using the term "smoking."

I do agree that it automatically change the definition of smoking in NY, but still think it opens up the possibility of new court cases that could change that now that vaping has been deemed a "tobacco product." It would not surprise me in the least if we were to start seeing lots of states pushing vaping into their anti-smoking laws, even ones where it was previously ruled different than smoking.

Under said Definition ALL Pharma NRT NOT WIDELY MARKETED prior to Feb 15, 2007, should By LAW Be required to undergo Strenuous PMTA Application through CTP o_O
    Spend it Pharma, Spend it :D

I agree! The only reason the FDA was able to deem vaping a tobacco product was the nicotine, so all nicotine products should be following their own logic. Alas I know the NRTs won't be and will still be considered OTC drugs, but the double standard is infuriating.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Users who are viewing this thread