Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
We are able to store nicotine in the freezer for much, much longer than that ;)

kurtnicstorage

That is an excellent post, and I'd encourage any DIY'ers who haven't read it to do so.

The benefit of freezer vs refrigerator is pretty negligible in my opinion. As the freezing point of the compound in solution is not attained in a consumers home freezer, we're considering only reaction kinetics, which in our closed system at equilibrium (the storage bottle) should be really minimal. Kurt echoes this in his thread.

I think the biggest reason to refrigerate as opposed to freeze comes with handling, and the potential for introducing water (and as a result, O2) into our solution upon re-introducing the container to room temp. If you had any atmospheric air in your bottle when you capped it, you WILL have condensate in the bottle upon thawing, even if it's left sealed until attaining room temp (though this is not so much of a consideration if the container was blanketed with inert gas).

In synthetic labs I've worked in, we only froze compounds that would benefit from having their temperature below their freezing point, or solids. Any thing else gets popped in a fridge.

Again, let me stress that the take home point is that your nicotine has a shelf life. Any hoarding beyond what you can consume in ~2-4 years may bear no fruit.

Last edited:

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
From a political standpoint, I was wondering which party I need to be behind in order to help the e-cig cause. Standard google search found this article:

Republicans Are Trying to Sneak an E-Cigarette Exemption Past the FDA

I was already leaning republican anyways, so this will make it easier. Makes sense because republicans want less government regulation, while democrats want more big government.

But in the mean time, I'll sign any petition I need to in order to get the word out. Not sure if there's much else I can do. I already signed one of those petitions to my congressman but that didn't help much.

Unfortunately, I'm embarassed to admit I live in Virginia where Governor Terry Mcauliffe signed legislation to allow felons to vote. That's almost 200k democrats to the charge.

If you've signed the petition and done the call to action from CASAA, I'd suggest writing an email to your rep as well. The fact is is the call to action is great but if you didn't modify, it's still a form letter. I did one last night and would be happy to send you a copy of what points I hit on if you'd like.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just so you all know:

The FDA has agents monitoring this forum. They are among us.

They're taking names.

Which makes me want to not post here...but, I'll gladly go down with any one of you, any day!

68674b82a787da506101da9e796204d6.jpg

I have no Remorse where battling for Rights/Freedom/Fair Governing is concerned.
:cool:

Former Head of FDA charged in Violation of RICO Act..............Crimes committed while Head of SNAKE FDA!!!!!!!

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
I'm glad you posted the link! I learned all my nic storage stuff from Kurt and Dannyv45's blogs made my transition to DIY simple.

I can't find the post but I think Kurt has nic that is 6+ years old now and he said it barely oxidized or lost strength. Someone correctly me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember. My nearly 3 year old nic is perfect. 10 years in the deep freeze seems quite possible.

I am still working on a bottle of 100mg nic I bought 12/16/2010...it has been stored in the refrigerator and it is still fine. :thumbs:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
dannyv45 is regarded as the expert around here on DIY. Read his blogs:

ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45.130984/

Someone else gave me that link and being the complete idiot I am, (with zero patience) I keep clicking on all the links and it's just redirecting me to forum threads. I'm not seeing an actual blog or link a simple shopping list of what someone needs to get started. Thats a lot of links to click and sort through just to find a beginner basic blog :facepalm:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Someone else gave me that link and being the complete idiot I am, (with zero patience) I keep clicking on all the links and it's just redirecting me to forum threads. I'm not seeing an actual blog or link a simple shopping list of what someone needs to get started. Thats a lot of links to click and sort through just to find a beginner basic blog :facepalm:
All entries in blog dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

That should take you to his blogs page. You can browse those blogs. I will try to find one that gives you something that is close to what you are looking for.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Scroll down the page, past all the links. :thumb:

Wing

Feb 25, 2012
Hampton Bays
I was already leaning republican anyways, so this will make it easier. Makes sense because republicans want less government regulation, while democrats want more big government.

Not to start an argument or anything, but that's really not true.
Republicans are always regulating how and what we can do to our bodies.
Their slant, however, is "religious morality".
Just recently, you have countless republican states telling us which bathrooms we can use, telling us we can't have access to legal abortions, ...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Again I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to sign this U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products petition. When i first posted the link we were setting at 53,436. It is now up to 53,664 and that is thanks to all of y'all.

We are all in this together and if we don't fight back, Who will? So THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Done ...............with a massive comment(for me) attached.:)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
The kid choked to death on the cap?
I have speculated as much in the thread I started concerning this incident.
The coroners and police report are confidential due to the child's age or NY law.
I forget which. My calls the the coroner and police department yielded no
pertinent information. By reading news articles from various sources I was
able to develop a time line of sorts.

1. The child was with a female relative (grandma I believe) who was caring
for the child while the mother was elsewhere.
2. The child wanted to watch a favorite tape on the VCR.
3. Due to the fact of just having moved in the woman went looking for
the tape and found it in a moving box. This happened from almost
immediately to up to maybe two minutes depending on the source.
4. The woman inserted the tape into the VCR and upon turning around
observed the child in convulsions. The bottle of nic base was next to
the child.( it was determined later from reports it was nic base from Heartland vapes)
5. After rushing to the child and after ascertaining the child was in distress 911 was called.
6. The Chief of Police was the first respondent followed immediately by paramedics.
7. The paramedics administered to the child and while this was happening the child
regurgitated bile.
8. The child was transported to the hospital post haste where the child expired
shortly after arriving.
9. Later news reports stated that according to the police report a cap was never
recovered.

From my own personal experience and that of one of my children who was 3
at the time I was a little familiar with what happens when something swallowed gets
caught in ones throat. I as a child and my child did not experience complete
blockage of the airway but,the throwing up part rang a bell. A gag reflex will
cause one to regurgitate. A suffocating child's reaction to loosing oxygen
could be mistaken for convulsions. Then there is the missing cap that apparently
was,then wasn't there and,in the end was never found.
Granted this is all speculation on my part. The missing cap is what set me
off. If the cap did go missing or was lost accidentally wouldn't one replace
it or jury rig something to seal the bottle or replace the whole bottle with
one with a cap? A piece of saran wrap and a binder will make a adequate
field replacement cap in a pinch.
:2c:
Regards
mike

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
Not to start an argument or anything, but that's really not true.
Republicans are always regulating how and what we can do to our bodies.
Their slant, however, is "religious morality".
Just recently, you have countless republican states telling us which bathrooms we can use, telling us we can't have access to legal abortions, ...

Thus far republicans have voted much higher federally for pro vaping than against. Somewhere earlier in this thread there was a break down. Also 2058 has 51 republican co sponsors. Lastly some of the strongest state and local against legislation have been democratic run.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm a Bernie supporter, he seems the only candidate that actually CARES about the people rather than special interests.

Yet the person who has been suggested as his running mate, Elizabeth Warren, is one of the Senators who wrote letters to the FDA/OMB to quickly finalize the Deeming:

Senators Press OMB to Quickly Review Rule Finally Regulating E-Cigarettes and Other Unregulated Tobacco Products | U.S. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois

Yet we have a congressman, Duncan Hunter Jr. who was vaping in congress and is the biggest proponent of vaping we have in office, yet evidently because of his party or views, he's a "giant d-bag" to some here:

Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

When some people have said 'we are our own worst enemies' - this is a prime example of that.

Users who are viewing this thread