Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And in case you had any doubt about what was coming next...

Doctors see big loophole in FDA action against e-cigarettes and want it closed

It is time to fight, NOW.

Not sure why some Doctors are getting their Knickers in a Twist over Flavors?

I mean, Didn't they hear what Mr. Zeller had to say yesterday on the PBS Newshour when asked Directly about Flavors?

(Flavoring Question @ 5:41)
Skyrocketing teen use of e-cigarettes leads to new regulations

I mean Jeeze... It's not like We Can't Trust the FDA to do the Right Thing.

Right?

phephner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
SF Bay Area
I just don't get some of you people. The war was declared today. Just today. And many of you are ready to capitulate without a battle. Everything that has been done before today has just been bluster, feather ruffling, posturing and chest thumping. You can't fight a proposed regulation in the courts, which is all the deeming has been until today. Today it is regulation and this is the first day of the actual war. Today is the day that the war machines are brought to bear on both side to determine the victor. Today is really the first day we can challenge the deeming in court. There is no reason to cede the war before the first real battle is fought.

To be clear, everything we have all done to date has just been to mitigate the rules of engagement because we all knew the war was coming. So OK, the negotiations we not favorable to us. We weren't good enough to achieve that. We tried but were outplayed. Yup. So now that that is out of the way, well... we fight.

Take a vape and calm down a bit and forget the efforts of the past 2 years. I know it sucks, but that was yesterday and we need to focus on the war that started today. Let's not revisit our failed efforts at "peaceful negotiation". That crap is done and it's time to get real and get smart. We do have a good chance of amending (although in my opinion not totally eliminating) the harmful results of this regulatory framework that has been enacted by the FDA through deceitful manipulation of media and science. We don't have to lay down and play dead. That could be an option, but it goes against every fiber of my being. Nope lets get smart and brutal if needed. And we have more powerful allies that(n) many suspect. We do have friends in influential positions that can help in the war and give us a fighting chance. We don't have to do all of this alone with our pitifully small political presence. We need powerful allies with some of this, and this is the direction we should be looking I think.

But no matter what. Don't give up the fight before even the first battle.
This post is my favorite out of the four hundred I've read so far. Prior to yesterday the target was always moving. This is no longer the case and a stationary target is much easier to demolish.
Four year old vaping tech made my quitting a 40+ year PAD habit a laughingly easy, completely discomfort free accomplishment. Yesterday's Ego pens and CE4's have been eclipsed exponentially by today's high performing all-in-one kits. BT and BP are well aware of this progress and they fear what's coming next.
I believe we have now seen via these so-called 'regulations' BT's and BP's tacit admission that absent complete destruction of e-cig market competition, this rapidly emerging vaping tech will not just cut into their profits. It will surely drive them into total obsolescence.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You vape in public? MyGod, man, have you no decency?

I sneak in public and blow it down my shirt. Only been scolded once in 6 years and that was in Chili's. The manager explained nicely that home office has a nationwide no vaping policy. I used to eat there about once a month. Haven't been back.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Apologies for not writing up an overview on where we're at. Need more time to digest.

HOWEVER (and similar to @phephner ner above) I'm also of the opinion that the game is now on...

AND I've just come off a call planning the most incredible event the e-cig world has ever seen - stay tuned :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, sorry...

I meant that I don't think online sales are stopped for adults.
Well, I meant not YET anyway.

I believe the PACT Act has to be modified to do that.

I think something Else that is Kinda getting Glazed Over in all this, and something that Mr. Zeller has stated Repeatedly, is that what we are seeing Today is a "Foundation Framework" for Regulations.

And it Isn't like their Won't be More Bad News coming down the Pipe in the Future.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
As part of the deeming process, Congress has the ability to stop what is happening.

I don't know how long they have to do that though, but I know it's true.
I can't find the breakdown of how the process works right now.

At this point, Congress has no actions that they do as part of finalizing. It goes to the Federal Registry and 90 days after that, it becomes 'law'.

There is some things Congress could do, but it would have to be in a bill - such as the Appropriations Bill, eg., and as someone has said in a piece here....

E-Cigarette Regulations Could Stymie Small Shops

... they could withhold funds from the FDA on the deeming - although I'm not sure if that is the case, or whether withholding of funds would actually 'stop' the rule. It may stop the FDA from processing applications, etc. but I think once the deeming is published on the Federal Registry - May 10th, it's law.

Federal Register | Food and Drug Administration

Our best bet right now is the continuation of the Appropriations Bill to the full House, Senate, etc. to where the President signs it into law with the change of the grandfather date. That would solve a LOT.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Apologies for not writing up an overview on where we're at. Need more time to digest.

HOWEVER (and similar to @phephner ner above) I'm also of the opinion that the game is now on...

AND I've just come off a call planning the most incredible event the e-cig world has ever seen - stay tuned :)
mushroom.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

No Apologies Needed.

I am Sure you have been Deluged by people seeking Information on all this. And have probably been Overloaded seeking Information for yourself as well.

:)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FDA working with BIG Tobacco to get the Monopoly and all we'll have is Cigalikes with un-affordable ejuice cartos.

Stock up now folks.

-----

We'll probably be stuck with cartridge devices only at some point if we don't fight this thing fiercely. It's time to buy out the remaining stock of Kayfuns and other reputable tanks! I'm adding significantly to my collection of backup mods in the near future.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I think something Else that is Kinda getting Glazed Over in all this, and something that Mr. Zeller has stated Repeatedly, is that what we are seeing Today is a "Foundation Framework" for Regulations.

And it Isn't like their Won't be More Bad News coming down the Pipe in the Future.

Agree. From what has been said by Zeller in the past - this is just the start. And I saw the comments on online sales.... I witnessed the progression taken against RYO tobacco - no paypal, no credit cards, PACT, etc. I expect the same here.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We'll probably be stuck with cartridge devices only at some point if we don't fight this thing fiercely. It's time to buy out the remaining stock of Kayfuns and other reputable tanks! I'm adding significantly to my collection of backup mods in the near future.
We're a couple years away still.

Reactions: Robinowitz

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
At this point, Congress has no actions that they do as part of finalizing. It goes to the Federal Registry and 90 days after that, it becomes 'law' ...

So is this Progress Chart Incorrect? Or am I reading it Incorrectly?

Congressional Review Act

(5 U.S.C. 801-808)

An agency must submit most final
rules, interim final rules, and direct
final rules, along with supporting
information, to both houses of
Congress and the General Accounting
Office before they can take effect.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/reginfo/Regmap/regmap.pdf

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

*tapping fingers on keyboard* Any more teases forthcoming? When is this 'event' going to take place? Are we involved in any way?

Sometimes I wanna kick you..... In a nice way though... :D

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
FDA working with BIG Tobacco to get the Monopoly and all we'll have is Cigalikes with un-affordable ejuice cartos.

Stock up now folks.

-----

I can't wait until these hit the market and people start to modify these to accept home made cartos and juice. Do you think the FDA will regulate and ban big tobacco over priced products when these modified devices start blowing up in peoples faces. I think not. They will blame it on carelessness and trying to save a buck.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I sneak in public and blow it down my shirt. Only been scolded once in 6 years and that was in Chili's. The manager explained nicely that home office has a nationwide no vaping policy. I used to eat there about once a month. Haven't been back.

Good for you. Their crappy food is more harmful to a person's health than vaping is. Seriously, those chain "neighborhood restaurants" are only 1 step up from McDonald's. All they serve is frozen, processed garbage.

A couple years ago, some fool at a Starbucks scolded me that I couldn't vape in their outside seating area.. which was nearly empty. Starbucks hasn't seen a dime of my money since, and never will again. My own coffee's better anyway. ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not sure why some Doctors are getting their Knickers in a Twist over Flavors?

I mean, Didn't they hear what Mr. Zeller had to say yesterday on the PBS Newshour when asked Directly about Flavors?

(Flavoring Question @ 5:41)
Skyrocketing teen use of e-cigarettes leads to new regulations

I mean Jeeze... It's not like We Can't Trust the FDA to do the Right Thing.

Right?
I stopped supporting PBS a few years ago...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sible-under-regs.556527/page-23#post-12988597

This latest interview you have posted above...
Makes me just as sick as the one that made me stop supporting them...
:(

Last edited:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands

Yeah, I'm buying a Noisy Cricket or 3, and a bunch of RDA's. I can't really afford it right now, (this is shaping up to be one hell of a month), but the tyrants leave me no choice.

Users who are viewing this thread