Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Endor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2012
    Southern California
    I will say this, Joyetec and it's sister company's Wismec / eleaf are not just going to close factory's in 36 months, these are multi million dollar world wide distribution company's

....soon to be part of the new, multi-million dollar worldwide black market.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    The regulations will only get worse in my opinion. This is just day 1 of the war is a very correct statement. The Fed hasn't even begun the war.

The Fed was years late putting out these 1000s of pages so they hurriedly published the Regs. Finally published them.

Overtime they will simply add more as they refine the law. The Fed has just begun the war. The new regs were merely their first salvo.

This is government expansion at its finest.

As we know, Democrats create bigger and bigger government.

Republicans like to shrink government.

That's the old adage at least.

I will continue to be a staunch soldier and keep my pinky finger in the .....

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I see that they are recommending the Cole-Bishop amendment rather than HR 2058. Is there a link to urge our representatives to support the amendment?

Link was to the taste your juice posting of the Vapor Technology Association's official initial reaction the the FDA regulations.

Following is the amendment, but, so far, I haven't seen a link we can use to urge our representatives. Maybe someone else has it. I'm sure there will be one VERY soon.

http://vaping.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/COLE_027_xml.pdf

Very good point, mpols!

@Robino1 @kristin @Vocalek @JustJulie

I was surprised too that CASAA asks for renewed support for the original bill (HR2058). Not sure why. I too hope that this will be sorted out quickly. I agree that we should fight for the Cole/Bishop amendment now. :confused:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Like I said, maybe they're reviewing it now or before May 10th. But I agree, it would be nice to hear from CASAA.

I'd like to here from CASAA and SFATA and Bill and Phil B. and Dmitri and SJ and ... and a anyone else. And I'd like to hear them say the Exact Same thing.

Because as I remember things, Bill said that it would be Reviewed by Congress. And that Jives with the Flow Chart on the Rule Making Process pdf. And it also Jives with the Concept of a "Check and a Balance".

Reactions: DC2 and Katya

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
    Well politics is what it comes down to. These things don't happen in a vacuum. This is what happens when people just pull levers like sheep without knowing where candidates stand on all the issues. I'd suggest looking into Independent or Libertarian candidates if you truly want candidates who are willing to seriously listen when it comes to smokers rights or vapers rights. Let's be real. The past 20-30 years, the Democrats have had a proven track record of supporting every single action against smokers and now vaping. Because why? It's to "protect the children" of course. I don't see any prominent Progressives standing up supporting vaping. As far as the Republicans, they'd probably be more likely to support vaping if they knew more about it, but many of them are from tobacco states so they're going to protect the tobacco industry which I can understand.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

sparkky1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    The FDA is now a political organization. They simply do not care about your health, or whether you die from smoking when you could have extended your life by converting to vapor products. Pressure was applied to ban vapor products, so they did.

It is sad, really.

I posted earlier about people dying during endoscopic procedures. Just in the past few days, several have died (DIED!) here in the Los Angeles area. Apparently the devices cannot be properly sanitized.

There is no theory about potential health impacts here. People are dying from a routine medical procedure using an FDA-approved device.

So, what's the FDA doing? Well, their response in an article I read: "We are keeping an eye on the situation."

What? Who is accountable at the FDA for approving this device? Why are they still in use? These are rhetorical question, because in a government bureaucracy, nobody is accountable. People were paid, and devices were approved. People die as a result. Shrug.

440.000 people in the US die every year from smoking so what have most ALL DR's been pushing for years now ? Why the FDA aproved chantix of course
    There are all in the lets get you fixed right up and get you terminally ill business

jambi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2014
    SoCal
    So big pharma and big tobacco are on the same sides for different reasons.
    Are you kidding? They're on the same side for exactly the same rea$on. One sells disease, the other sells treatment. Doesn't get any more BFF than that.

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
    Just remember too that this is the same FDA who through their doctors constantly push anti-depressants to people like they're candy. Not begrudging anyone who requires them, but simply an observation. Many of these medications are highly toxic and mind-altering and people take them like sheep.

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
    Are you kidding? They're on the same side for exactly the same rea$on. One sells disease, the other sells treatment. Doesn't get any more BFF than that.

No I'm not kidding. That's Exactly my point. They're on the same sides. Big tobacco supports regulating vaping because it will improve their sales, and big pharma supports regulating vaping because it will cause more people to smoke, and make their pharma-controlled healthcare industry richer.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Reposting because I left out a big chunk of history...

Big Pharma said stop those damn electronic cigarettes. They enlisted their minions (ALA, CTFK, AHA, ACS, ALF, etc.) to pester the FDA and start a movement to demonize electronic cigarettes. After a few years Big Government started noticing they were losing money. Everyone sat down to figure out what they were gonna do. Big Tobacco was invited to the table, and told that the plan was to destroy the effective products, and hand the crumbs that were left over to them.

The result is what you see now.
    Big Tobacco will offer closed-system tamper-proof useless cigalikes.

But originally, Big Tobacco was never even at the table. The FDA was supposed to shut down our silly little upstart venture (vaping) by declaring us to be pharmaceutical (drug) device users. But then in stepped Judge Leon who shot the FDA down with his Judicial Machine Gun. Everything we see happening now is nothing more than a Plan B which was developed after the initial plan got smacked down.

The End

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Man is not free unless government is limited. (I won't give attribution for this quote, it would only cause some to become upset.) These regs are a mere symptom of the cancer which is an over reaching government. Our government is virtually unlimited in its power over the actions of what was once a free people. Control over nearly every aspect of life has become the operative philosophy of government, both state and federal, regardless of the party in charge.

These regulations have touched you personally and the reaction has been profound. The creeping growth of control has been increasing for years but it has been ignored or even welcomed by some until, at last, it has affected the members here personally.
    Thank you for a powerful and compelling statement.

Users who are viewing this thread