Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Damn if this Laser Pointer doesnt look just like a mod I saw about 2 years back. In fact, the laser end appears to be 510 threaded. Does the FDA regulate "lasers", I am sure some 3 letter acronym must?

5907000-3.jpg

$21.07 80mW 532nm Green Light Zooming Laser Flashlight - 1-mode / 2*16340 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
That looks bad{moderated}!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Damn if this Laser Pointer doesnt look just like a mod I saw about 2 years back. In fact, the laser end appears to be 510 threaded. Does the FDA regulate "lasers", I am sure some 3 letter acronym must?

5907000-3.jpg

$21.07 80mW 532nm Green Light Zooming Laser Flashlight - 1-mode / 2*16340 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
You are so right about seeing something like these a couple years. In fact, I am sure if I dig a little into my older stash, I just may find them.
LOL
:)

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
That looks bad{moderated}!
Yeah, it does look pretty cool. If I remember though, the original actual Mod had mediocre reviews at best, and the tech (VV I think) is long outdated now. That being said, I saw someone in Ashville NC vaping one just last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yeah, it does look pretty cool. If I remember though, the original actual Mod had mediocre reviews at best, and the tech (VV I think) is long outdated now. That being said, I saw someone in Ashville NC vaping one just last week.
I remember them as being a 'mech'. When I get back home I will have to look. Right now I am stuck in Wild and wonderful by-gawd WV.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I remember them as being a 'mech'. When I get back home I will have to look. Right now I am stuck in Wild and wonderful by-gawd WV.
One of the first states to tax eliq if I recall, at least it was somewhat reasonable.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
12.5W and a clearo, $95 from FT yet. My how times have changed. I'm not sure if I should be grateful that was released after 2007 or not.
We sold those at the vape shop where I worked. A lot of customers loved the look, but in all honesty it was not a very good mod quality wise. It was also a very large, bulky, and heavy mod to be using just a single battery. Definitely was not pocket-friendly. Despite its stout appearance, was rather fragile.

The original Innokin iTaste MVP offered much better value for that time in history.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
We sold those at the vape shop where I worked. A lot of customers loved the look, but in all honesty it was not a very good mod quality wise. It was also a very large, bulky, and heavy mod to be using just a single 18650.

Honestly, when I first skimmed by the photo, I thought it was a minigun and couldn't figure out how that would end up in this thread.

I do like the case and all, but as someone far newer to the vape world than many here, I'm astounded a 12W mod with a clearo was being sold at that price just 3 years ago. How rapidly this market has changed.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Looks like a mod that Innokin sold a couple of years back. I don't recall the name.
    It is a 134 Mini. I have one that I won here, and another that I bought for about 30 bucks. It takes one 18500 (18490), or with a shorter battery tube, an 18350. I still have both but I can't use them as I don't have batteries for them.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    Damn if this Laser Pointer doesnt look just like a Mod I saw about 2 years back. In fact, the laser end appears to be 510 threaded. Does the FDA regulate "lasers", I am sure some 3 letter acronym must?

5907000-3.jpg

That would make some beautiful mod. Wow.
    I quit buying mechanical mods because of the batteries. Some were a tad off size and the mods either wouldn't work with them, or you couldn't turn them off, being too tall.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Honestly, when I first skimmed by the photo, I thought it was a minigun and couldn't figure out how that would end up in this thread.

I do like the case and all, but as someone far newer to the vape world than many here, I'm astounded a 12W mod with a clearo was being sold at that price just 3 years ago. How rapidly this market has changed.
    Yep, it amazing how much the technology advanced in just 3 years, and without any help from BT.

Alas, I think the curve will start slowing down. The rest of the world will move forward, but with one of the biggest markets frozen by the FDA, it will be slower now. Sooooooo sad!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    That goes well with the Coolfire II. Perfect for airport screening...
    HTB1.5LrFVXXXXX5XpXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg
    I always thought this was a head shaker. Wave that around screaming in a foreign language going thru airport security for fun. :pop:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    That goes well with the Coolfire II. Perfect for airport screening...
    HTB1.5LrFVXXXXX5XpXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

I always thought this was a head shaker. Wave that around screaming in a foreign language going thru airport security for fun. :pop:

I saw a guy try to carry that through and no it was not allowed...

Users who are viewing this thread