Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Yup, that sentiment is as old as human civilization. Aristotle and Plato felt the same about the kids in their era.

After 72 years of experiencing and observing the actions of my contemporaries, I have concluded that if my parents and grand-parents felt as DC2 stated (and I am sure that they did) then they were absolutely correct. And, now, we have passed our idiocy on to our progeny who continue on the path we started in the late sixties.

Yes, with one important distinction…integrity may today be left at the door.

Good luck all. :)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I think our parents and grand-parents felt exactly the same way when we were of college age. :laugh:

When I was in my early teens and the Beatles and the Stones were hitting the airwaves I was appalled by the narrow mindedness of adults who didn't get it. I swore I would never be like that. But Rap? Neckbeards? Gimme a break. Kids today.

Is it our fate as humans to always degenerate into judgmental old farts as we get older?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Is it our fate as humans to always degenerate into judgmental old farts as we get older?

Yes it is.

Possibly the main reason the FDA is working to eliminate us, before we reach the older fart stage.

I'm vaping on borrowed time.

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
When I was in my early teens and the Beatles and the Stones were hitting the airwaves I was appalled by the narrow mindedness of adults who didn't get it. I swore I would never be like that. But Rap? Neckbeards? Gimme a break. Kids today.

That is indeed our fate.

At least until we learn to separate ourselves from our families and become our own person(s).

I'm younger than a lot of folks here (35), but even now I catch myself saying/doing/thinking something so very similar to what my mother would say/do/think...and it really bothers me.

The older I get, the more it happens.

The older I get, the less I agree with, or adapt to, the things that "mainstream society" says/does/thinks.

The older I get, the less I "get it"...

A celebrity walked into my place of employment two days ago, and I had a 10min conversation with him before he left.

I had no idea who he was.

Afterwords, several of my coworkers approached me and asked me how cool it was to shoot the sh|t with "Ray-J"...

I openly told them I had no idea who he was.

Apparently he's the guy who made Kim Kardashian famous with that sex tape.

After a short Google search, it seemed to me I should have known right away who he was.

I couldn't have cared less.

But I digress.

The majority of the population will always become the same type of people their parents were, which is why society doesn't advance as fast, or as far, as it should.

Anyone who disagrees is one of those people...I know, because I used to be one of those people, regarding this topic.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
That is indeed our fate.

At least until we learn to separate ourselves from our families and become our own person(s).

I'm younger than a lot of folks here (35), but even now I catch myself saying/doing/thinking something so very similar to what my mother would say/do/think...and it really bothers me.

The older I get, the more it happens.

The older I get, the less I agree with, or adapt to, the things that "mainstream society" says/does/thinks.

The older I get, the less I "get it"...

A celebrity walked into my place of employment two days ago, and I had a 10min conversation with him before he left.

I had no idea who he was.

Afterwords, several of my coworkers approached me and asked me how cool it was to shoot the sh|t with "Ray-J"...

I openly told them I had no idea who he was.

Apparently he's the guy who made Kim Kardashian famous with that sex tape.

After a short Google search, it seemed to me I should have known right away who he was.

I couldn't have cared less.

But I digress.

The majority of the population will always become the same type of people their parents were, which is why society doesn't advance as fast, or as far, as it should.

Anyone who disagrees is one of those people...I know, because I used to be one of those people, regarding this topic.
According to a short book I read back in the 70's or 80's we are doomed to stagnation. It was called Seventh Generation or some such. It floated the theory that approximately every seven generations or so there is a special generation that changes everything and brings in an evolutionary leap in human consciousness. The hippie generation was one of those. Then for six generations we just coast along absorbing those insights until the next big change happens.

Coincidentally the author was a hippie.

I guess we all think we have special insight into life.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
My parents did it me-my senior year of high school (this was in Alabama), I stopped listening to country and gospel, and became a metalhead, grew my hair long, and started playing electric guitar. Now I do it to my oldest, my 11 year old daughter, with her Justin Beiber, and Hanna Montana. I try not to, but it happens. I tell myself it's not their music, but that they're bad role models. Then I realize this is coming from the person who listens to music from people who burned down churches. Ugh...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

I think having the CPSC take responsibility for "vaping batteries" seems to make some sense, it's really just dragging another agency into the pot, as you'll then have to rely on coordination between the two for market regulation ("I thought it was your responsibility" "No!, it's yours" "No it's not"...........................).

And then either nothing gets approved, or incompatible products ("batteries"/mods, tanks with custom 510 pins) get approved. Nothing good will come of additional chefs in the kitchen.

Now, if the CPSC took over vaping period, that might make more sense.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I think having the CPSC take responsibility for "vaping batteries" seems to make some sense, it's really just dragging another agency into the pot, as you'll then have to rely on coordination between the two for market regulation ("I thought it was your responsibility" "No!, it's yours" "No it's not"...........................).

And then either nothing gets approved, or incompatible products ("batteries"/mods, tanks with custom 510 pins) get approved. Nothing good will come of additional chefs in the kitchen.

Now, if the CPSC took over vaping period, that might make more sense.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ONLY thing the FDA should have any say on is liquid and atty materials. All other aspects have always fell under the CPSC charter.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Folks like @Mooch and @Dampmaskin have done more for vaping battery safety (safe use) and dissemination of what info's needed by us for this purpose than a thousand pencil pushers at the FDA. Had gov spawned as many pages of regulations on what a proper battery should be, we'd still be trusting them first and last. Label, or no.

Changes are good, whoever might do the regulatory spinning, that they'd continue to conflate things real good to our disadvantage (like now, batt's and other hardware).

We can encourage and support our own knowledgable efforts or we can let the bureaucrats forever wave those sticky fingers at us. Someone's always going to find something wrong with what we're doing. And you can be just as certain they'll have a rule ready for it.

The choice is yours. Until they take it from you.

Good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread