Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How much regulation removal of freedom do we say is alright?

Advocate giving up a freedom because it's going to happen anyway?

Defeatism gets us closer to 1984.

Oh well, Pelosi et al the narcissist's know what's best for us.
I simply could not go on with my life without Nancy Pelosi's guidance.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I simply could not go on with my life without Nancy Pelosi's guidance.

I am with you on Nancy. My first action of the day, after coffee is on, is to check her twitter and Instagram; it sets the tone for the day and I am secure to proceed with my day.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hunter's bill isn't even introduced yet, right? Anyone in his district or know who might have his ear?

Perhaps he would be open to some changes like: devices must contain short circuit protection or be properly labeled that there is no short circuit protection, in which case adequate safety guidance will be included with the device.

Question: The Hunter Bill is just a draft or it has been already discussed by your authorities?

I compared it with the Cole Bishop and I believe that Hunter's proposal is way better for vapers in US.

I understand that mech users are worried and don't like it but considering the devastating effects of the Deeming Rule, I believe that Hunters Bill is great.

Do you think that this Hunter Bill will succeed?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Lessifer

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I understand that mech users are worried and don't like it but considering the devastating effects of the Deeming Rule, I believe that Hunters Bill is great.
I'm a mech user and it doesn't bother me a whole lot.

There was a time only a few years ago when, if someone wanted/needed more than 15-20 watts to quit smoking, they had no choice but to use a mech, but in the current age of 250 watt regulated mods, that's no longer the case. Personally, I quit smoking using eGos so that wasn't a factor for me. I ended ended up settling on mech (squonkers) for the simplicity, reliability, durability, and ease of repair, so that I could be sure the gear I was buying would still be usable decades from now, no matter what the goobermint did.

So let's say Hunter's bill passes and effectively bans the sale of new mechs. Will that keep any smokers from being able to switch to vaping? No, it will not because mechs are no longer necessary for anyone to to succeed in getting off cigarettes, and there will be no shortage of regulated mods available. Will it force any existing vaper who enjoys mechs to give stop using them? I don't think the bill makes any attempt to do that, and even if it did, how on earth could such a provision possibly be enforced?

PS: It seems to me that the alternative to Hunter's bill is to leave everything under the FDA's purview. Does anyone believe the FDA would ever grant a PMTA for a mech mod?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Perhaps if we had less government it wouldn't be so complicated.

What a concept, limited government and I agree with you absolutely, Bronze. And I would add that it is complicated because complexity encourages submission. I have wondered why people are willing to be ruled over by people no brighter than themselves and ascribe "good" intentions to their regulations - amazingly almost without question.
However, the urge toward central control will continue unabated with or without me. We will rail against "big this" and "big that" unless it is big government. We are ready to accept legislation and regulation as long as they don't seem too bad and has a really "good" purpose.
Reminds me of the frog in a pot on a stove wondering ...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
PS: It seems to me that the alternative to Hunter's bill is to leave everything under the FDA's purview. Does anyone believe the FDA would ever grant a PMTA for a mech mod?

Or for ANYthing vape related??

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Perhaps if we had less government it wouldn't be so complicated.
Do you honestly believe that? With, what is it now, 650 million people spread across 50 states and a few territories covering a geographic area spanning an entire continent. With international corporations and divisive social and religious ideologies.

Now, I'm not saying that regulatory machines don't become beasts that eventually end up running just to feed themselves, but they always start from a need.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Do you honestly believe that? With, what is it now, 650 million people spread across 50 states and a few territories covering a geographic area spanning an entire continent. With international corporations and divisive social and religious ideologies.

Now, I'm not saying that regulatory machines don't become beasts that eventually end up running just to feed themselves, but they always start from a need.
Sometimes the need is only temporary. Once an agency is in place, once the need is over, it then has to come up with a reason to keep going. That's when we get into trouble.

Government is too big.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You're off by a factor of two. US population is about 324 million.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You're off by a factor of two. US population is about 324 million.

By conservative Estimates (5% of the Adult Population of 247M) that would be about 12.3 Million People who use e-Cigarettes.

Think if Every Vaper sent a Letter to their State/Federal Rep.

On the Same Day.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
By conservative Estimates (5% of the Adult Population of 247M) that would be about 12.3 Million People who use e-Cigarettes.

Think if Every Vaper sent a Letter to their State/Federal Rep.

On the Same Day.
Nice pipe dream. Even if we made it super easy for them to do that, the majority won't. :(

Users who are viewing this thread