Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
But, we choose these politicians. These politicians bring home that new road from BFE to nowhere. They get funds for that new wing on the library (named after themselves). They provide food, medical care, rent, phones, endless "grants", subsidies, tax credits and deductions. You name it and if enough voters want it then a politician will give it to them. If politicians are for sale (did I just say "if") then I would say that the citizens and their votes are for sale also. Votes are easily purchased through endless projects or "services" all of which can only be purchased by increasing debt. And all of which are loved the by the voting public.

Two words. Term limits.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yeah, if you don't have a dog in the fight. Ask me what my position is on whatever regulations govern the use of model airplanes. If I cared I would set aside a little of my limited supply of time and energy to find out about it and form an opinion. But I'm sure there are plenty of fights going on in that arena, with purists and pragmatists and so forth strenuously berating each other.
Nah!

We're a unique group.

Other groups stick together to fight for their freedoms.

We, on the other hand, seem to have overwhelmingly accepted that we're the problem and bowed our heads to hide the indiscretions on our faces.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
It is the voters who put these people in office. In many cases, for decades at a time. In the end and to a degree, we deserve what we get.
BS.

This is the first election where I've seen a clear choice amongst the hoard of greedy wanting to sell our souls for profit.

In this last election, I agree.

But historically, not a chance.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
BS.

This is the first election where I've seen a clear choice amongst the hoard of greedy wanting to sell our souls for profit.

In this last election, I agree.

But historically, not a chance.

Power is given to those by those who vote. What is so difficult to understand here?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Power is given to those by those who vote. What is so difficult to understand here?
The power given is to represent, though... I have read stories calling the rollback of net neutrality the most unpopular move of all time, but they're doing it, anyways. Who do you suppose rammed that one down our throats? It wasn't of the people or by the people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Regardless of one's feelings about the winner of the last presidential election there is one clear message. That is, Big Corp and Big Money lost. Both could lose again.

I'm mind boggled at this perception. Completely baffled.

Out of the frying pan, into the flame, I say.

To the point, I believe there's a chance he won't last a full term before he's impeached or forced to resign because of it or one of his countless indiscretions.

The man is, by definition and every fiber of his being, exactly what everyone who voted for him thought they were voting against.

Greed
Lust
Self serving
Lies
Power
Big Money
Big Corporation

At the willing, nay, ecstatic sacrifice of all beneath him.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Honest, decent people don't typically tend to even run.

Or is that little detail lost before placing blame on the individual en masse?

What is so difficult to understand about the only choices leaving only the option to attempt to vote for the lesser of the evils?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I was not making a comment about the President's performance in office, his capability or his ethics. He may or may not last the term. This is why I prefaced that sentence with, "Regardless of one's feelings about the winner of the last presidential election...". None of this was my point, the observation was that from the Republican primary through November 8 Trump was out raised and out spent many times over, the point being that Big Money Big Corp and Big Union lost - nothing more, nothing less.

To the point, I believe there's a chance he won't last a full term before he's impeached or forced to resign because of it or one of his countless indiscretions.

The man is, by definition and every fiber of his being, exactly what everyone who voted for him thought they were voting against.

Greed
Lust
Self serving
Lies
Power
Big Money
Big Corporation

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Judges are appointed or voted in.

To gain the title of Your HONOR!?!?!

Pulled from a pool consisting strictly of lawyers.

:blink:

So they're the scum of the earth until their garb and title are granted?

Then miraculously they become among the most honorable?

How do they do that without metamorphosis?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The power given is to represent, though... I have read stories calling the rollback of net neutrality the most unpopular move of all time, but they're doing it, anyways. Who do you suppose rammed that one down our throats? It wasn't of the people or by the people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It may not have been of or by you, but it was of the people.

I, for one, would like to keep open access to the internet without being controlled by the whims of my isp.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I was not making a comment about the President's performance in office, his capability or his ethics. He may or may not last the term. This is why I prefaced that sentence with, "Regardless of one's feelings about the winner of the last presidential election...". None of this was my point, the observation was that from the Republican primary through November 8 Trump was out raised and out spent many times over, the point being that Big Money Big Corp and Big Union lost - nothing more, nothing less.
Only if you narrow your definition to campaign contributions and spending.

Broaden that view a little, look at the roll back of restrictions on big money at the risk of the environment and health of the people.

It becomes very clear that by one of their own governing, they've won in a tremendous way.

Sure, they were hoping for support by backing a known and somewhat understood candidate they thought they could control.

But overall, their win was much, much greater in their initial loss.

Drumpf's interests align all too well by default for any other outcome.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Only if you narrow your definition to campaign contributions and spending.

Broaden that view a little, look at the roll back of restrictions on big money at the risk of the environment and health of the people.

It becomes very clear that by one of their own governing, they've won in a tremendous way.

Sure, they were hoping for support by backing a known and somewhat understood candidate they thought they could control.

But overall, their win was much, much greater in their initial loss.

Drumpf's interests align all too well by default for any other outcome.

I thought calling the President names and outright bashing belonged on the outdoor side of ECF.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Greed
Lust
Self serving
Lies
Power
Big Money
Big Corporation

Sounds like you were describing Hillary.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Honest, decent people don't typically tend to even run.

Or is that little detail lost before placing blame on the individual en masse?

What is so difficult to understand about the only choices leaving only the option to attempt to vote for the lesser of the evils?

Purely your opinion.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Judges are appointed or voted in.

To gain the title of Your HONOR!?!?!

Pulled from a pool consisting strictly of lawyers.

Well, while there is no love lost by me about lawyers, but there is the matter that a judge still needs to be able to understand the law (yes, a contradiction in terms, but you know what I mean). Still, that is why we're supposed to get juries who are pulled from our community.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Well, while there is no love lost by me about lawyers, but there is the matter that a judge still needs to be able to understand the law (yes, a contradiction in terms, but you know what I mean). Still, that is why we're supposed to get juries who are pulled from our community.
Juries are a rare commodity.

I understand why.

That doesn't change anything, though.

Reactions: Eskie

Users who are viewing this thread