Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
How much money on our current VP's defense of the vaping legislation signed into law in Indiana would be "I didn't know exactly what was in it"? I was relieved for the folks of Indiana when a federal court tossed that nonsense out.

My view is I can't be totally upset at that approach, as the sheer volume of legislation that gets tossed around does make it difficult to expect a politician to know and understand everything in say a 2,000 page line item budget. That's what their staffers are supposed to be on top of as there are more of them who can break it down into manageable chunks for their review and executive summaries. That's why voting for a given candidate involves more than just the individual, but the team they will bring in with them. Frequently it's hard to find out who all those folks are and including them in your decision making process at election time. Still, on a national level, at least for the executive branch, you have some idea who they will likely select look what the cat dragged in individuals who were involved during their election campaigns, as well as educated guesses on the type of individual they will choose for senior positions.
Then maybe an IQ test should be administered and harsh penalties implemented for any legislator willing to vote on anything they can't summarize accurately.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

" Prof. Manuel Peitsch, PMI’s Chief Scientific Officer, explains: “PMI is working to progressively transition its existing cigarette business to smoke-free products. By offering a diverse portfolio of innovative and scientifically substantiated alternatives, we believe we can accelerate the switching of an even greater number of adult smokers who would otherwise continue to smoke and have a positive impact on public health.” "

um-hmmm.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
" Prof. Manuel Peitsch, PMI’s Chief Scientific Officer, explains: “PMI is working to progressively transition its existing cigarette business to smoke-free products. By offering a diverse portfolio of innovative and scientifically substantiated alternatives, we believe we can accelerate the switching of an even greater number of adult smokers who would otherwise continue to smoke and have a positive impact on public health our Bottom Line.” "

um-hmmm.

I Fixed that for Prof. Peitsch.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
" Prof. Manuel Peitsch, PMI’s Chief Scientific Officer, explains: “PMI is working to progressively transition its existing cigarette business to smoke-free products. By offering a diverse portfolio of innovative and scientifically substantiated alternatives, we believe we can accelerate the switching of an even greater number of adult smokers who would otherwise continue to smoke and have a positive impact on public health.” "

um-hmmm.

Sounds like El Chapo Guzman coming out to fund drug rehab programs.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Holy Cow! They are designing an alternative to smoking. I wonder what they will call it????? ecig, vaporizer??? Oh wait a crap load of people on this very site have already done this. i am being really sarcastic because if you go and click around the PMI website you will see language, products and pics that look very familiar. BT and BP are in on these deeming regs as I and a lot of people have believed from the start. We are trapped again by them. GRRRR

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

um-hmmm.

Whatcha bet PMI will work to include all the additional addictive & toxic chemicals besides nic they added to analogs that we vapors are happy to be doing without? Why would anyone trust BT to make anything safe for human consumption?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Holy Cow! They are designing an alternative to smoking. I wonder what they will call it?????
I suspect they will call it "iqos". It's Heat-not-Burn. It has been quite the hit in some markets where it has already been released.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Whatcha bet PMI will work to include all the additional addictive & toxic chemicals besides nic they added to analogs that we vapors are happy to be doing without? Why would anyone trust BT to make anything safe for human consumption?

You have to have a reason for livin.

I suspect they will call it "iQOS". It's Heat-not-Burn. It has been quite the hit in some markets where it has already been released.

I heat just fine on my trusty pots and pans.

Good luck. :)

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I suspect they will call it "iQOS". It's Heat-not-Burn. It has been quite the hit in some markets where it has already been released.
I hope they are at least a thousand times better than the "Premier" which I tried in the 80's. A buddy and I drove 3 hours to get a carton at one of the test market outlets and they sucked hind end.
Prem01.04_anatomy.png.jpg

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
That's one of the ones on their site. It is so surreal seeing a cig company using vapor language.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
That's one of the ones on their site. It is so surreal seeing a cig company using vapor language.
I think they came to realize a while back that the times were gonna change, and if they wanted to survive, they'd have to change too.

I also think they understand that market for e-liquid type vapor products has already passed them by and that they can't really compete in that arena.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think they came to realize a while back that the times were gonna change, and if they wanted to survive, they'd have to change too.

I also think they understand that market for e-liquid type vapor products has already passed them by and that they can't really compete in that arena.
With the research & development money they have they could run circles around the mom and pop shops. Not only in the e-liquid arena but in the device market as well. There are devices that haven't even been invented yet that will make what we use today seem antiquated. It would be like Mattel competing with Lockheed Martin in rocket technology.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Which is exactly why they want to ban it...

I don't think BT ever wanted Bans. Can't reap Profits off a Banned product.

And in an Ironic Twist, e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids gained a degree of Protection under the FSTCA once they were Deemed a Tobacco Product. BT's Lawyers knew this. So you do what any good Strategist would do when you know you Can't Win the Game.

You Change the Rules.

And make it so Only You can pass Go. And Only You can Collect Two Hundred Dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread